Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Owen Morrison & Todays Team Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Did anyone else today think that Owen Morrisons return to the team brought some creativity and attacking flair that has been sorely missed since Bridge-Wilkinsons injury.

Cutting inside, outside, taking players on, shooting and trying to play killer balls to our forwards were all welcome additions to the game from the uncreative, hit them on the break play we have seen in recent weeks.

Or was todays good performance because we were playing a team that wasn't just content to sit back and try play for a draw so it was a more flowing game?

Personally I think it was a little from column A and a little from column B, and with games against teams that will not be content to sit back and defend (Barnsley, Huddersfield and Hartlepool) I think the quality of football we shall see in the coming week will be entertaining and maybe just maybe Bridge-Wilkinson will be back in time to play a part in that.

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
He had a good game, but he has done it before and then had a few poor games, lets hope mom and the crowd cheering him off does the trick for him, with the choice of Tesco, Petta, Ben and Cadders there is a force to worry most defenses in this league

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I also think he made lewis feel confident in going forward. Specially after those first half challenges where he got a foot stuck in, Lewis would overlap brilliantly whilst owen would step back and cover and would slow the on coming traffic down so that Lewis could get back, For the first time in a long time I saw a lewis with confidence. Shame he'll get dropped next saturday.

Todd owes Morrison a big thank you, nevermind the other way around. Morrison's touch, footballing brain and determination kick started a lot of players who were resting on there laurels. Ben became more active as he saw the influence that Morrison was bringing to the team and thought, hey up, Petta is back next week I could actually be dropped now! competetion is better all round and if Morrison hadn't played like that and we'd off gone out the chants for Todd's head would of started.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mr. Ed said:
For the first time in a long time I saw a lewis with confidence. Shame he'll get dropped next saturday.
It's not really Lewis's fault he'll get dropped, it's the fact that Taylor is a much better player and apart from being cup tied he'd of played every game this season.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Hopefully will be the beginning of a good spell for Owen and not same as last season with a good performance here and there and annonymous(?) inbetween.

Status
Not open for further replies.