Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Owen Morrison...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
Has been told to find another club on loan, and his contract runs out in June. I doubt we will be seeing him play again now. Shame really as he is a very gifted player, he just doesnt seem to want it that much.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Todd loosing the plot? it should be Petta been told to go out on loan!

axel

C&B Member
Aug 7, 2005
Strange decision, after making an appearance against Chesterfield thought he was slowly making his way back into the team.

I would have kept him a bit longer, thought we needed a squad as i'm sure the injuries will start to pile up soon.

If he does go out on loan maybe we could get Robbie Blake in for a few months, hear he's had a bust-up with Blackwell!

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
I'm gutted - as BOTO says he obviously doesn't appear in Todd's plans and i doubt we'll see him again!!
Muirhead's very hit and miss and Petta is as inconsistant as they come - i'd sooner let one of them go than the gifted Morrison!!
He may occasionally drift in and out of games - but Todd has a chuffing short memory - he won us two of our away derby's at Hudders and Wendy last season...:(

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
He delivered us at least 6 points last season at Wendy and Hudders - in his 2 and a half years here whats Muirhead delivered? Or Petta?

I like him - we persisted long enough with Sanasy and Forrest - and we give Muirhead a good couple of years to prove himself - how come Owen don't get the same opportunity?

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Bantam Of The Opera said:
Has been told to find another club on loan, and his contract runs out in June. I doubt we will be seeing him play again now. Shame really as he is a very gifted player, he just doesnt seem to want it that much.
Agree, could of been a very good player for us if he'd wanted it more...

seems a strange decision in lettin him go at moment..

May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
I remember CT being quoted about fringe squad players. He said something about not moaning but having a positive attitude if you were not currently a first choice player and trying even harder to win back a place. He mentioned a few by name as having this quality. One of whom was not Owen Morrison.

May 20, 2005
He's certainly got the talent and ability, but the amount of teams showing him the door are too many for the rumours about his attitude to be a co-incidence. I do hope Todd has made the effort to get the best out of him before showing him the door though and not just using an easy option to trim the squad.

G
I'd prefer Morrison on the left than Petta anyday! Towards the end of last season when we had Muirhead on the right and Morrison on the left we tore teams apart like Brentford and Bournemouth. Petta just falls over or gives the ball away all the time!

Morrison said on Pulse Sport when he was left out of the Tranmere game that he was going to ask Todd to let him leave on loan if he doesn't start playing.

G
BantamJay said:
I'd prefer Morrison on the left than Petta anyday! Towards the end of last season when we had Muirhead on the right and Morrison on the left we tore teams apart like Brentford and Bournemouth. Petta just falls over or gives the ball away all the time!

Morrison said on Pulse Sport when he was left out of the Tranmere game that he was going to ask Todd to let him leave on loan if he doesn't start playing.
jboy, youve no idea, petta is an out and out left winger to solve the left sided crisis and a player who has played at a top level, morrison is hardly played this season and will need to play in the reserves now to prove himself and fitness,- bet hes happy with the result the other day tho' (and possibly disappointed not to have played), as long as england qualify i'm ok with it

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Morrison is a class act, those who saw him at oldham last season will agree! he tore them apart and really loked a cut above. He'd be the first name on the team sheet if i was in charge and really at the beginig of the season i thought he would be awesome this season. But Todd once again has not given the lad a chance, prefering the shit lazy and incompitent organism known as bobby petta who doesn't deserve to be payed with the money i pay to get into city quite frankly and i'm shocked that todd desn't see this instead prefering to pick on one of our better players.
i truly am gutted by this news

G
king billy said:
He delivered us at least 6 points last season at Wendy and Hudders - in his 2 and a half years here whats Muirhead delivered? Or Petta?

I like him - we persisted long enough with Sanasy and Forrest - and we give Muirhead a good couple of years to prove himself - how come Owen don't get the same opportunity?
hes a good player, and if he gets his chances at the back end of the year he'll get a contract offer
he's better than cad who should be working at a job centre

May 21, 2005
the calverley bantam said:
Morrison is a class act, those who saw him at oldham last season will agree! he tore them apart and really loked a cut above. He'd be the first name on the team sheet if i was in charge and really at the beginig of the season i thought he would be awesome this season. But Todd once again has not given the lad a chance, prefering the shit lazy and incompitent organism known as bobby petta who doesn't deserve to be payed with the money i pay to get into city quite frankly and i'm shocked that todd desn't see this instead prefering to pick on one of our better players.
i truly am gutted by this news
I don't see how you can say that Calverley, you only see him in matches (although obviously not that many). It is Todd who see him every day in training and who can judge him there, I don't think its a co-incidence he had left 3 clubs before he came to us due to his crap attitude.

I don't particularly remember him at Oldham last season (yes I was there), he may have scored two winning goals in derbies last season but he only seemed to be up for them, too many times he was anonymous last season in other games he played in, theres no doubting he has talent he just doesn't seem to want it enough.

Im surprised he's gone but not massively disappointed, perhaps this loan will give him a kick up the ass which is Todd's thinking.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
hes a good player, and if he gets his chances at the back end of the year he'll get a contract offer
he's better than cad who should be working at a job centre
maybee bantams and proud, but that statment is completely true, CADDERS IS FAR WORSE THAN MORRISON

May 21, 2005
Perhaps, however i'd rather have a player playing for us who cares, who isn't quite upto scratch yet, than someone whos a good player that doesn't give a s***

Status
Not open for further replies.