Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Penford put the other midfielders to shame today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
In the 15 minutes or so he was on the field he created more and showed more flair than the rest of the team in the entire 90 minutes IMO.

Not only did he spray the ball about and show vision when creating opening but he tracked back and defended as well as winning headers and 50/50's.

Was it Penfords cross that led to Windass's goal?

Todd wants shooting if he doesnt start him the next game.

As for Joe Brown on the ball he showed some good touches and never gave it away, he used it when he had it...however he rarely had it, could be his own questionable positioning at times or more than likely lack of service to the strikers. On the whole though an okay first start for him and i'd like to see what he can do with the run of games and some decent service. He didnt give the ball away like certain players i could name and he just needs to improve his positioning.

Sh*t boring drab game for the first 80 minutes mind. There were even chants of 'You dont know what your doing' and 'Todd out'...his skin was saved today.

IMO a combination of the change of formation and Penford acting as catalysts for change. Lets have more of the same change.

G
It was great to see a player with the confidence to look for the ball, then use it well by passing it on the ground and into intelligent areas.

It's not always going to work out but I'd much rather see him trying to play good balls than the usual aimless hoofs forward we have to put up with.

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005

It was more of a placed lob than a cross, brilliant. Petta should be take to Hull and put on the first ferry to Holland.

Poulton

C&B Member
Aug 25, 2005
Bradford
Dbantx said:
There were even chants of 'You dont know what your doing' and 'Todd out'...his skin was saved today.
Them chants were coming from some illiterate little boys. I dont believe you take these serious!

May 21, 2005
I tell you what though, those 'little boys' really piss me off. I'd slag them off but they're so illiterate they probably lack the capability to turn on a computer never mind use one, so i'd be wasting my time.

Like it or not Todd used his head and changed the game when it never really looked as though we were going to do anything. The change of formation and the substitutions were spot on, despite people not thinking so at the time the changes were made.

Todd needs to start the next home game exactly the same and go 3-5-2 IMO, the change in our attacking play was immense. I'd stick to 4-4-2 for away games but for me if Todd starts the next home game anything other than 3-5-2 with Penford in the middle then he's learnt nothing from todays game.

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Yes it scared the sh1t out of me when I looked and saw three at the back but fair play Holloway had a good game and that 40 yard run to keep the ball in was ace, I never knew he had that pace.

May 24, 2005
I forgot about Holloways run! Showed superb determination there.

I thought he had a very good game, and apparantly he had a good game at Chesterfield last week. Lets hope he's turned the corner, at least he shows more going forward than Edghill.

G
TBH Penford has surprised me, despite his couple of appearances under Robbo he never impressed me but he must have really come along in the last couple of years. He played better than Bridge Wilko today and surely a run in the side will show us what he is a capable of. The longer hair does him justice too :p

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
ahh, doesn't it feel good to be right

all season ive been saying play penford, he's awesome - i was proved right today by a brilliant performance, he really lifted the team and its no conincidence that we actually showed anything going forward after he came on (and muirheard(who was unbelivably shite) came off)

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Penford was excellent today!

I also thought bar a few misplaced passes Holloway played alright too.

G
wykie said:

It was more of a placed lob than a cross, brilliant.
To answer the question, yes...

But "It was more of a placed lob than a cross"....

Wadddddaaaaafoooookkk...

He got the ball with his back to goal, controlled it, turned, looked up (FFS when do we do that) and then pinged on to Wideasses head...

Placed f*ck*ng lob...

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
penford is he reserve captain?? I thought he was....

Status
Not open for further replies.