Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Petta Signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Radio weeds - allege - that he is to have medical today and may sign.

Thislad is going to have win some of us around in my opinion - he was not too highly regarded by Darlo fans and the fact he is signing for us shows to me he / his agent could not find him a better deal. Do we want players like him - if he does his talking on the pitch with some good perforamances then he could win us around (another Summerbee)?

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
lovely, another washed up has been who's realised he cant make demands anymore.

G
Aye, can see him becoming another Nicky Summerbee....but wait a minute, people were saying they felt we may miss Summerbee because of the amount of goals he set up.

G
We don't need another striker. We've got Windass (top scorer last term- seems like a pretty proven goalscorer to me), Cada's, Cooke and the kids

G
Not sure we need another striker....We do need a LB as back up for Emmanuel or to play ahead of him.

As for petta, lets hope he is better than the fans at Darlo say he is???

Does anyone know of a place on the net where we can check an the assists people make...it would be interesting to know what he did last season!!

May 22, 2005
How many more strikers do we need? We have plenty on the books.If Petta signs we have a left winger to supply Windass,Cooke and Cadermarteri and let's not forget Forrest.Todd sounds like he's nearly got his left back sorted on loan from a Premership side so at that i think he will call it a day on new signings.

May 21, 2005
boyracingbantam said:
Not sure we need another striker....We do need a LB as back up for Emmanuel or to play ahead of him.

As for petta, lets hope he is better than the fans at Darlo say he is???

Does anyone know of a place on the net where we can check an the assists people make...it would be interesting to know what he did last season!!
Yeah, fair enough, left back anf left winger should do it-wouln'd be too impressed with Petta though, he'll certainly have a lot of ass licking to do for the fans to take to him.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
If he signs great...

You cannot blame him for trying to improve his prospects anyone on here who says they wouldnt do the same within their own working structure is either lying or deluded...

We all want the best for us and our families....

He would only have to impress the hell out of my for his actions if and only if he had slated the club saying we were beneath him and he could do 1000% better...

He didnt he went away looked at his options then came back...

For all we know hes had offers from all kinds in this and lower echelon teams in the Championship...

But City fans beingf City fans we would rather get on this blokes back before hes even kicked a ball or signed on the dotted line...

I hope he signs as IMHO he would fill the gap on the left whic we need so badly...

Well done Todd if you get him....

G
tony d said:
You cannot blame him for trying to improve his prospects anyone on here who says they wouldnt do the same within their own working structure is either lying or deluded

True, thats what gets me about the Tapping up thing (Why was cole fined?) imagine your employer fining you for applying for another job/speaking to a prosp[ective employer it cant happen....i believe that it contravenes human rights(under freedom of movement) and if cole appeals we will get a Bosman Stylee ruling!!!

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
You secretly always do ..So do all the ones who keep PMing me then choose to gang up with their mates...

As i keep saying though im not on here to agree with whatever bollux is spouted i have my views and i stick to it...

On the very rare time i have been swayed and it has happened i havew no dramas admitting it...

May 18, 2005
In my opinion this is a good signing and another step in the right direction, however i still feel we need a target man. Theres not much point in Petta crossing endless balls in to Cooke, Cadamarteri or Windass against a tall back line.

A new right back and a new left back with the hope of a new striker and i will be a very, very happy man

Once again a quality signing.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
I reckon we will only be getting 2 players in now max...

Striker and left back....

Goater is a name on the drums, although i reckon he would be one season wonder i would fear for our front line after that as we would lose him and deano....

Also the thought of another Tierney coming scares me to death......

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Would agree with pretty much all of that BOTO. For me, a left back is a must with us only havin Emanuel at the moment, tho sounds like we're pretty close to signing one on a season long loan deal.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
150 Appearances in nine years of football over here says it all. In a poll a few months a go Ipswich voted him there worst ever player. Doesn't fill you with much hope does it? In my opinion we do need a big target man without one i forcast similar position to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.