Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Petta

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
I thought we had given up on Petta but reading this it looks like it could be a done deal now. Have to say I think he could be a pretty good signing and hopefully his experience will rub off on the younger wingers (i.e. Morrison). Reading into it we are struggling to get a forward, i just hope we don’t end up with another striker who wont do the job.

http://www.bradfordcityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10266~669943,00.html

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Id say he deserves a longer one...

Hes 30 years old so a good 3 or 4 years left if he looks after himself...

Id like to see him get a 3 year deal....

Hes class rightly or wrongly he only went to Darlo to get games... He didnt perform too well but i dont think he really wanted to be there but had to go somewhere so as not to be on the heap and forgotten....

Look at all you weaklings, tut , tut!

The Parrot told us weeks ago Petta would sign & be a quality player in league 1
You heard it 1st from Parrot!

Dont you b/tches forget It ! Pmsl

May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
Celt's view.

I got this assessment from a Celtic season ticket holder I know.

As for Bobby Petta, he started badly then had a great season in Martin O’Neill’s first year with us (2000 – we won the treble) but then his confidence dipped. Poor confidence is not great for a lightweight winger. He scored a peach of a goal against Ajax in the Champion’s League when Celtic won 3-1 in Amsterdam a few years back.

Probably most memorable for the song about him (to the tune of Walking in a Winter Wonderland):

There’s only one Bobby Petta,

He used to be shite, but now he’s better!

Says it all other than that he kind of got shite again.

Well that's a Glasgow view.

May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
Petta trail gone cold??

Todd's agent anger as Petta trail goes cold

Colin Todd today had a swipe at the influence of agents amid fears that City have lost out on Bobby Petta.

Todd was hopeful of signing the Dutch winger after productive talks last week and was expecting a positive answer.

The full version of this story is in this evening's Telegraph & Argus, and will appear on the website later tonight.

G
the agents are merely maximising the earning potential of their clients and of course their own pockets - but thats allowable these days .
£100k to put down a Bond through FIFA to register as an Independent agent , small wonder many of them are associates thereby getting around this ruling.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Yes Beaver I realise that; however, they are ruining the game. The only consideration is length of contract, money, and how much percentage they are going to rake off.

There are other considerations, like appropriate development of the player. Whether they will be able to play in the first team every week. Making sure that the player is compatible with the area and club. These and more have to be considered if young players are going to prosper, or fade away because they or their agents have been too ambitious for their own good.

Clubs not just Bradford, do not have the money to meet their demands, it is as simple as that. JR has made a decision that no player is bigger than this club, that kind of decision has been based on very very painful events. Other clubs may not have learnt that hard lesson yet.

G
I know what you mean , and It does not help with the pursuit of success - already our own clubs sights are raised higher than we might have anticpated , following the decent league performance last season.
I think we have to try and get back In the Championship and stengthen from then on to try and stop there long term - the gulf financially gets bigger each season - unfortunately half the other teams In our division will be thinking the same way.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Just have a gut feeling that the signing of petta could not be that good.

Dutch footballers are generally good technically - but their attitude some times leves a little to be desired. He has hardly chased a position with the club. I appreciate he wants the best deal - but it appears the one city have offered - is not enough or he is looking down his nose at us. Some argue he was playing for Darlington to get match fit - if I was a Darlo fan paying good money I would not have been happy with the effort or lack of it.

I want players who yes want a decent wage but will run through a brick wall in our cause - Petta from what we read/hear does not appear to be such an individual. Let him rot along with the Summerbees of this world.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
The more it drags on the more i reckon he could turn out to be another NS....

By that i mean a good player who just cannot be arsed to give 100% all the time...

I have heard strong words he is in talks with the owls though......

Maybe he would have signed for the Wendies if they had stayed down?

Now they're in the Championship, the Owls might set their sights higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.