Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Positive / Negative

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
I've read some crap on here over the last few weeks. There are poeple slagging off the manager and the players before a ball has been kicked. There are predictions of mid-table mediocrity, huge injury crises and high profile players falling flat on their faces.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why do you support City if you have no hope for us? What happened to unquestioning optimism at the start of the season? It's not as if we have not seen enough over the last 2 years to believe we are on the up?

Anyway, rant over, what are your predictions for the season? Top two? Top six? Top half? Bottom half? Relegation?

I'm in the positive camp here and reckon we have the team capable of making the play-offs. Certain players are good enough for a top two finish but I think we don't have the resources to quite make it that far over a full season.

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
I allways have unquestioning optimism from season, start to finish, well I support Bradford VCity, so all things are possible
So, top two for me, but top six will do, if not, mid table, I just dont want religation, but I do enjoy the excitement of survival
And,yes, my glass is always half full ;)

May 21, 2005
DutchBantam said:
I've read some crap on here over the last few weeks. There are poeple slagging off the manager and the players before a ball has been kicked. There are predictions of mid-table mediocrity, huge injury crises and high profile players falling flat on their faces.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why do you support City if you have no hope for us? What happened to unquestioning optimism at the start of the season? It's not as if we have not seen enough over the last 2 years to believe we are on the up?
Where've you been reading?!?! I can't say I've seen much of that at all!

May 18, 2005
I think we have a great squad but in this league its too hard to predict i think we could very well finish in the playoffs but can also see us finishing mid table. Its just that sort of league, nothing to do with the quality of our team which as i say im impressed with.

May 20, 2005
The only way I can see us worrying the top 6 is if Dean Windass hits 20+ goals again. One of his strike partners weighs in with 15+ and we have a midfielder who will hit double figures. This alongside a decent amount of goals shared between the rest of the team. I just cannot see that happening. Adding a proven goalscorer to the squad before kick off is a neccesity. If we don't we're not going anywhere next season.

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
ChuckleBantam said:
The only way I can see us worrying the top 6 is if Dean Windass hits 20+ goals again. One of his strike partners weighs in with 15+ and we have a midfielder who will hit double figures. This alongside a decent amount of goals shared between the rest of the team. I just cannot see that happening. Adding a proven goalscorer to the squad before kick off is a neccesity. If we don't we're not going anywhere next season.
I agree with chuckle, we do need an out and out, proven goalscore if we are going for it

Status
Not open for further replies.