Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

QPR keeper attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anyone see the story about the QPR keeper Simon Royce being attacked by a stoke fan or two as the final whistle went at the Brittania Stadium? Its a pity they are not meant to do anything back when they are attacked.

Anyone fancy an F.A Cup third round tie away to Stoke with the Don in goals? Lets see the hooligans run onto the pitch and attack the keeper then. He'd take on all of the naughty forty in one go....a Don and Stewpeas double team.

For me if a player is attacked by a fan the player should be able to fight back in self defense. When did we start teaching the nations football players to run away when attacked?

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Dbantx said:
Anyone see the story about the QPR keeper Simon Royce being attacked by a stoke fan or two as the final whistle went at the Brittania Stadium? Its a pity they are not meant to do anything back when they are attacked.
Aye, saw that on MOTD last night. Had 1 fan attack him and seemed to be in the goal when all the players came running over then another fan seemed to join in.

Poulton

C&B Member
Aug 25, 2005
Bradford
Ye i saw both.
The stewards wernt doing much when the fan attacked the keeper! he was left to deal with it himself for about a minute.
I was shocked at what Lionel Perez did but it made me laugh.

lee

Michael Flynn's Lovechild
C&B Member
Jul 5, 2005
Obviously what happened should be totally stamped out of the game, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to say they attacked him. One jumped on his back, then was quickly wrestled off and probably had a lot more bruises from the odd QPR player and steward kick than the keeper ended up having.

Having said that, no player should have to go out there and feel threatened by these sort of scumbags so hopefully he will get what's coming to him, i.e. a lengthy if not permanent ban.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
lifetime ban for that behaviour .

The guy poking his fingers in someones eyes at that other match is also looking at a criminal prosecution and deserves all he gets .

Costello

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
The two looked about 16/17 that were arrested by the cops. I hope Simon Royce got a decent punch in on the one he was tangling with in the net. I'd like to see these wannabe hooligans go 1 on 1 with someone like Billy Whitehurst. Shit their Calvin Kleins they would...well knock off Calvin Kleins from Stoke Market anyroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.