Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
What rating id give them after todays match:

Ricketts - 7
Edghill - 8
Taylor - 7
Wethers - 8
Bower - 7
Muirhead - 9 - MOM
Petta - 7
Schuey - 7
MBW - 8
Windass - 8
Cooke - 8

Cadders - 7
Emanuel - 6.5

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
tony d said:
Eghill good then yes...
Aye, to say it was his first game after only training with us for not as long as others...

Thought he played really well defensively and had great link up with Muirhead then Cadders when he came on attacking wise..

G
I just dont understand how Muirhead is a headless chicken one minute and a superstar the next. I hope today was not just a one off.

G
reminded me of the game he had at Tranmere last season - he's got his chance now and needs to keep to this level of performance - we have a stronger squad now and It shows looking at the subs today.

cibasteve

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
www.theshippers.co.uk
Dbantx said:
I just dont understand how Muirhead is a headless chicken one minute and a superstar the next. I hope today was not just a one off.
TBH Danny i've seen this coming in the pre season friendlies, I think he's learning and he's got that extra bit of something now. Let's hope it continues.

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
He was class today, maybe we have seen what MU saw of him as a young un. Class winger. Lets hope it continues.

May 21, 2005
Im normally his biggest critic but I must admit today he was awesome-easily the MOM.

HOWEVER-i feel today was only a one off. We have seen numerous times how poor he is at passing and shooting, he can only beat a man when given space-he has no tricks. Today he needed no tricks due to them only having 10 men, he had that extra space-used his pace and whipped in some cracking crosses.

When a team has 11 men and they are able to press him I'm sure his poor passing and poor decision making will once again be highlighted (lunging after a ball to try and desperately keep it in when it blatantly came off their player(then giving away the throwing)), he is only effective when he has space-he won't often get that much space again as he did today.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong but im not so sure he will...

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Muirhead was skinning there back line before they had a man sent off, didnt you see the cross in the first few minutes?

he also showed so skill at times. With Petta, Cadders and Morrison in the squad muirhead realises it's down to him to make something of his chance or end up playing somewhere like Leek Town :p

G
Thanks fo that Ed, saved me typing a responce in my Superbock_ed up state. Muirheads problem has been the lack on continuity. Today was the staring lineiup I suggested to my mates after Hartlepool (except for Cadders instead of Cooke).

Good innit :)

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
Ben Muirhead was played on his natural right side yesterday and when given a litle extra space due to the sending off, he exploited it superbly.

He was on top of his game prior to the sending off, and his first time crosses ( of which space doesn't count) were of premiership quality.

When in the second half he was swithched to the left, his level of performance dropped considerably, when switched back to the right it picked up again. Leading to Windass's second goal. It doesn't take a footie expert to see that this lad should be given the right wingers role permanately to terrorise future left back opponents.

Both goals and a few other good chances came from his pin point crosses.

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
Its nice to be able to report on a good game from Ben, we know he can do it ,lets hope he keeps it up, great performance from ALL the players ,glad we got Edghill, he was good in his first game at Darlo,is that it for Holloway?:confused:

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Is that it for Holloway - perhaps not - he is pretty decent dealing with high balls with his head - so he could be slotted in as a centreback from the subs bench should Weathers or Bower get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.