Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Reversal of fortunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
We are all guilty of over criticising at times and certainly the team deserve it at times, not least with the awful home perfomances this season. BUT................. Imagine if the home and away form were reversed, our record for this year would be this:

HOME AWAY
Pld 7 WON 3 DRAWN 3 LOST 1 Pts 12 Pld 7 WON 2 DRAWN 2 LOST 3 Pts 8

Consideing that this is enough to put us into 7th place and just a few points off fourth, How many of you would be happy with this start. In other words, is the home form clouding judgement on what can be considered to be a very encouraging start?

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I neva saw this thread! *rubs eyes*

Our home form has been dire, and you can tell it's starting to piss Mr Rhodes and his bank balance off as he's making it more and more common knowledge he wants the home form to change, without slating his own manager.

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
You are right and I do keep telling myself this to keep faith!!:)

The only 2 games I've missed this season have been whilst I was away on hol(Yeovil (H) and WBA (A)) and IMO there hasn't been a right lot of difference in performances either away or at VP.

The difference is that away from home we are able to get beyond teams as they attack us, but at home (without B-W) we lack any creativity to break teams down who come for a point (a la Colchester).

If you look at the league in general there a lot of teams from all divisions who have a better away than home record. This is probably for similar reasons.

Apart from Hudders and Southend I haven't seen another team that is better than us and to be honest I am still confident we will make the play-offs!!

Not because we are great, but because most teams in the division have the same problem as us!!

HGTEB31!!

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
But I don't think we should sack our manager!:eek:

I do think though that the fortunes could do with been reversed so people actually want to come and watch us at VP so we don't go bust!!:mad:

HGTEB31!!

Status
Not open for further replies.