Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rhodes/Todd relationship deteriorating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Well it seems Barnsley are coming in with another offer, in the Dean Windass/Barnsley article just put up on the Official website Todd doesnt seem best pleased that Windass may be sold to Barnsley and even says:

'Its been turned down and as far as i am concerned thats the end of the story unless the Chairman has a hidden agenda'

Is it just me or is suggesting that you're employer has a hidden agenda in the press a little out of order and a sign that the Rhodes/Todd relationship is not as good as it could be?

I think the two are definitely suspicious of each other. Rhodes has repeatedly said in his programme notes how he expects a playoff challenge if not an automatic promotion push. Whenever questioned about this Todd says getting a point more than last year would be an improvement and that he and the chairman are different people.

Then there was the story about Beagrie being lined up to replace Todd, even with Rhodes denying it if i was the manager there would always be a nagging doubt in my mind, i'm sure Todd is slightly suspicious and wary of Rhodes after seeing the article.

Then we have Todd suggesting the Chairman may have a hidden agenda. What hidden agenda could he possibly be talking about?

I know its perhaps far fetched and a long shot but it has been claimed that we don't have the money to sack Todd because of his long contract. Perhaps Todd senses the will to sack him is there and is worried that the sale of Windass would be used to fund the termination of his own contract and a payoff?

Does Rhodes have a hidden agenda to sell Windass for more than 100k so he can sack Todd and then use any left over money to get a new manager in? Perhaps even to fund prizing Beagrie away from Scunthorpe or McCall away from Sheffield United?

Whilst i somewhat doubt this is actually what is happening i think Todds suggestion that Rhodes may have a hidden agenda is definite evidence that Todd fears the above scenario may happen.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
It's another case of Todd putting his gob in motion before his brain.

He's publicly slated the players, the opposition team, the opposition manager, the Referee, the Fans so naturally the Chairman should be next as he's running out of people to blame and have a go at.

Biting the hand that feeds you springs to mind.

G
Rick said:
It's another case of Todd putting his gob in motion before his brain.

He's publicly slated the players, the opposition team, the opposition manager, the Referee, the Fans so naturally the Chairman should be next as he's running out of people to blame and have a go at.

Biting the hand that feeds you springs to mind.

Maybe Colin Todd is trying to wind Bumpy up so he gets sacked with compo?

Nice theory DB,
But by "hidden agenda" he could also be implying that JRs holding out for a better offer from Barnsley?
One things for sure though, the Chairman & manager obviously dont see eye to eye on most issues, that cant be good for BCFC can it?:mad:

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
I don't think there's anything wrong between Julian and Colin.
I saw them last night sat in the Commercial at Thackley, they came across as very tactile and were giggleling together without a care in the world.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
eyes only for each other Yen??

awww well it is nearing Valentine's Day when all things are possible;)

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Thing is JR is a Bradford City fan AND Chairman... What he expects and what is possible probably do not merge...

Todd is a manager and whether you like him or not has a better handle on the shape of the team and what it is possible to achieve with them...

Chairmen should stay away from predicting whilst not putting hands in pockets to strengthen.... At least Freddie Shepherd after spending so much cash can wonder why his team even with injuries isnt performing...

Todd for me has said nothing wrong there and indeed it may be that Deano is the stirring one here... He doesnt look like he gave two shits on Saturday..Free kick apart he sacked it.... Then his comments after seemed to indicate he was off or wouldnt mind going... Now maybe he has told JR that but not Todd???

Let him go for me and once again i wish he had gone to Wigan...The cash would of bought players who want to play not who think they are owed something...

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
He doesnt look like he gave two shits on Saturday..Free kick apart he sacked it.... Then his comments after seemed to indicate he was off or wouldnt mind going... Now maybe he has told JR that but not Todd???

Your not the only one to say Deano looked like he didnt care on Saturday - someone also said that he didnt acknowledge the crowd either ! I dont know cos I wasnt there - but this certainly isnt the Deano I know so well ! Perhaps he regrets not moving to Wigan - even if it was only to be for a season.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
panther said:
Your not the only one to say Deano looked like he didnt care on Saturday - someone also said that he didnt acknowledge the crowd either ! I dont know cos I wasnt there - but this certainly isnt the Deano I know so well ! Perhaps he regrets not moving to Wigan - even if it was only to be for a season.
I thought he clapped at full time with the others..???Just looked fed up and uninterested..Still got involved everynow and then like...

Just not the engine master you expect...No huff and puff..

Strangely on the OMB Danny C is slated for not doing owt. He never stoped was instrumental in most things we did good and bad lol.. ...As most read he was mine and alot of others MOM... Proof indeed one mans gold is another mans shite...Holloway also scored low even though he played a blinder..Most were more bothered he wasnt sent off...Well done from me...He was up until going off one of the best three players...

The guy who was slating Deano did it from the off though...Deserved his fook off tablet..

I think Deano isnt happy not being the No 1 anymore..But if he stays and the goals flow both will forget all thats gone on...

G
'I think Deano isnt happy not being the No 1 anymore..But if he stays and the goals flow both will forget all thats gone on...'

Aye but Windass has always had a high opinion of himself. Those 27 goals last season IMO made him a bit too big for his boots. Thought he was the dogs bollox and that the fans would back him to the hilt, evidence of this is in the way he kept saying he hoped to be looked upon as a legend like Stuart McCall.

IMO he made a massive over estimation of his popularity, at the end of the day he ranks as a very good player and one that will not be forgotten quickly but he is not even nearly in the same brackett as McCall. If Windass had have kept professional this season, not acted like everyone owed him a living and knuckled down then he would have been remembered as a legend on par with Beagrie. IMO that will never happen now, he has blown his chance to be a legend.

The type of players that are held in the highest regard are always inspirational, noble, professional but not big headed and they never get too big for their boots or too good for the club. This is the reason that McCall and Jacobs have secured the top legendary ranks so easily....and also the reason that Windass will never get there. He is talented and entertaining, but he is anything but professional and seems to possess no humility what so ever.

If you're reading Deano then the fans want inspiration and leadership from someone, but ultimately also that person to be humble, to be a fan of the club and to never make themselves out to be bigger than the club, if you want to be a legend then you have to follow in McCall and Jacobs footsteps. Many a fan regard McCall as the essence of the club itself, but McCall never plays this up or demands that people respect him, he often refers to his love of the club and in doing so becomes a fan himself. He is like the people he plays for, instead of attending an awards ceremony where he could have scooped praise he attended his childrens birthday party. He takes critisism on the chin and leads by example, passionately urges the team on and demands more from the lazy. However he is not perfect and doesnt claim to be. He does not demand to be a legend nor immediately seek the fans popularity, he does what he must because it is in his character and that is why he is respected. Likewise with Jacobs and i am honored to be alive in a period where i can witness perhaps the two most respected players ever to play for the team.

IMO Deano deserves the stick for his attitude. Many still harbor resentment from the time when he scored at Valley Parade for Sheffield United and went crazy. Perhaps the most resentment of him stemming from the Wayne Jacobs testimonial where Wetherall had to wrestle the ball from Windass to let Jacobs take the last minute penalty. The 27/28 goals he scored can mask this hidden resentment but cant destroy it.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Jacobs was a cracking servant who'll always be remembered - but legend? Don't think so mate!! In ten years time he won't even be mentioned in the same breath as McCall!! Apart from Macca i'd put Beags, Hendrie, Wetherall, Campbell, Duxbury and maybe Ellis out of the players i've seen above him in the legend stakes!!
Each to their own though....aren't opinion's great?....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.