Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ricketts Loses Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
What the F/ck!!

Good to see the F.A kicking racism out of football!

Now we have to put up with Howarth in goal tonight and for Saturday:(

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
If its true that he gave abuse, can you not stand up for yourself in the UK these days?
The ref didnt see it and the linsman was a long way off, to far to see a finger!!!
Maybe big Don had words with the ref and got sent off for that -- its more likley

G
How about a new campaign...

"KICK THE FA OUT OF FOOTBALL"

F*ck*ng clueless c*nts.

What type of message does this send out?

Will we get an explanation of why the decision was upheld?

I won't be holding my breath.

G
This is a copy of an email I've just fired off to the F(*ck*ng)A(rs*s), I'm not expecting anything except platitudes, but I'm furious...

"As a supporter of Bradford City football club, I would like some clarification as to how the upholding of Donovan Ricketts red card at Southend fits in with the FA's much heralded "Let's Kick Racism Out of Football" campaign?

Are we now to believe that a player is supposed to accept racist abuse from supporters?

And since when was holding 1 finger up to signify the score an "offensive gesture"?

Can we expect to see Frank Lampard recieving a red card the next time he cups an ear to the opposing fans? Or Steven Gerrard for celebrating with a finger to his lips?

Yours in disgust etc."

meelin

C&B Member
Jun 1, 2005
Statement from the FA:

" The boy got ideas above his station,"

" He should have taken his abuse like a man, and think himself lucky that he only got a two match ban, time was a boy showing such an attitude would be either horse whipped or lynched"

G
Im afraid that the racist abuse may have been non existent:eek:

The Southend fan that was arrested for the comments has fiercly denied them and a Southend fan sat behind him on the shrimper zone board has said he was chanting 'W*nker* at Ricketts along with 500 other fans but never said anything remotely racist.

Southend fans are also claiming that he was not sent off for raising his finger and they admit that it was his index finger he raised, instead they claim that in response to them chanting w*nker he gave the 'up yours' signal to the Southend fans, the left arm across right elbow with right arm pointing vertically upwards.

I am a big fan of Ricketts but when hundreds of Southend fans saw him doing something he claims not to have done and holes are appearing in his and Todds story you have to start to wonder...

Regardless though it should have only been a yellow.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Aye - i have to say whilst i think Ricketts is great i think he's playing the race card on this one - we go apeshit when the honda-boys do it - whats the difference (apart from him playing for a team we biasedly support)?
There seems to be no evidence anyone said owt, he's give the fans some stick and suffered the consequences, the fact we'd like to think it was racism is changing the tint on our specs me thinks.....:(

Poulton

C&B Member
Aug 25, 2005
Bradford
Hopefully this will be the end of the whole farce. I dont think Southend should be fined for the actions of one fan, especially if nobody is 100% sure of what actually happened! Iv read several different accounts of what happened, the majority claiming nothing racist was said.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Great quote from the Don on the back page of tonights T&A...

"When we scored, someone shouted something and some sweet wrappers were thrown at me. But I see guns where I come from so someone throwing a sweet wrapper won't scare me."

Misen, I didn't know he lived on Great Horton Road.

The bottom line appears to be he signalled the score(Deano anyone?)and the over officious lino has convinced the ref it was an obscene gesture. Lifes a bitch sometimes, but if Howarth plays owt like he did against Morecombe we'll be alright.

G
A few points....

It only takes one person to make one comment that the Don could hear.

The Southend fans in that end can't hear everything shouted at the pitch.

The Southend fan who was arrested was done so on Public Order grounds, nowhere has it been suggested he was guilty of any racist comments.

It's quite funny that people are willing to take the word of opposition fans, or accuse the Don of playing the race card, and not take it at face value that he did hear a racist comment.

Right or wrong, since the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry it's a racist incident if the victim or anyone else perceives it is, ergo, what happened on Saturday WAS racist.

Sorry if that doesn't fit in with some peoples world view.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Right or wrong I'm not interested in that gubbins Kom, I certainly aren't willing to listen to the Southend fans and I wouldn't dream of accusing DR of playing the race card. All I'm interested in is how and why the officials and FA have made their decision. Imho the 'race' issue is a side issue.

There's no doubt Don has been hard done to, but I understand how the decision has come about. You don't get a red card rescinded after retaliating and throwing a punch at someone. So whatever the provocation if the officials saw Donovans gesture as obscene, unfortunately that's it, game over... bassas!!! :mad:

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
FOOKING DISCUSTING! :(

ME'S STARTING A FEW ANTI FA CHATS THIS EVENING!!

THAT INSTITUTIONALY RACIST ORGANZATYION IS TRYING TO HIDE THE FACT THAT THERE IS RACISM!!

FOOKING INCENSED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.