Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ricketts...one of the most underrated keepers in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
With all the talk going on of racial abuse i thought i'd post a thread about the goalkeepers skills for a change. IMO he is very underrated, when he first played for us everybody was saying he looked very dodgy and it looked worrying, however gradually as he has settled in he has developed a firm understanding with the defense and looked a better and better as the games have wore on.

Just goes to show you can't tell how good a keeper is off of his performances in the reserves and their true potential can only be gauged when they have a decent defense in front of them to command.

Get him on a new 5 year contract :D

Yeah, I'll take my hat off to the lad & eat humble pie!
I think i described him as a "accident waiting to happen",(well It did yesterday:rolleyes: :D ) but he seem's to have knuckled down & commands his area unlike Howarth!
He Is the type off player who will be prone to the odd cock-up of biblical proportions though over a season, ala James, Hislop ect....:eek:
If his ban stands from yesterday, we will miss him immensley for 3 games!:(

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Agreed, I don't like the thought of watching Howarth for the next 3 games, we can kiss goodbye to our FA Cup run if Ricketts suspension isn't overturned.

Lofty

Bloody good shot sir!
C&B Member
Dec 1, 2005
Huddersfield
Rick said:
Agreed, I don't like the thought of watching Howarth for the next 3 games, we can kiss goodbye to our FA Cup run if Ricketts suspension isn't overturned.
I'd stick with Windass in nets, he can't do any worse then Howarth!! :D

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Ricketts was backed as a long term replacment for jussi jaskelinen at bolton and highley recommended by big sam...
...his quality is showing through and hopefully we dont have another hendersonesque situation at the end of this season with him

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Agreed, he's been quality for us when he's played. Missed him when he was injured and will again if he does get suspended. Hopefully Howarth playes well if thats the case.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
He's a very talented keeper.

He's also very loyal (had many offers over the summer offering more money) and is on a two year deal which is due to be turned into a 4 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.