Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ricketts to miss next 2 games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Bradford boss Colin Todd will be without goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts for Tuesday's Carling Cup first-round clash at Rochdale.

Ricketts went off in the 1-1 draw with Rotherham at the weekend with a foot injury.

Todd said: "We did think it may be broken but hopefully it's just badly bruised.

"I would guess we're looking at about 10 days out for Donovan."

-------------------------------

Gives Howarth time to impress the manager to keep him in when Ricketts returns.

May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
I bet Howarth is gutted. Really embarrassed at the prospect of keeping the goalie's place for a while.

Not at all hoping for manager's interviews such as "Well, after a performance like that, how can I drop him?". He'd hate that.

G
I think Howarth will take this oppertunity to make the position his own. From what i have heard of him at Rotherham he looked good so a good run in the team should only build his confidence.

Heres to hoping that we have another star here e.g Matt Clarke rotting in Sheffield Wednesday reserves a supposedly dodgy keeper...

Afterall we seem to have a knack at finding good keepers.

G
howarth is nowhere near as good as ricketts, i gave henderson six months- to do what ricketts has done in three matches, howarth let 4 goals in against nottm forest and i'll even (metaphorically)shit meself against rochdale with him in net, thinking of signing a third goalie, or a loanee-
whereas henderson and ricketts were evenly matched, there is a class gulf between ricketts and howarth, only a bit of bias could attempt to fill it-
he was protected by wetherall and bower in the rotherham game

Status
Not open for further replies.