Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Right back saturday????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right back????

I think CTs decision on who plays RB afer saturday will show us all just what type of manager he really is!
No doubt every man & his dog would pick the exciting prospect that is Swifty, who's pace & attacking flair would surely be a bonus against most teams?
Try to Imagine Swift on one side & Taylor on the other, two neat enthusiastic young overlapping full-backs bombing forward at every opportunity!.........mouthwatering prospect:D
Or are we gonna get the nightmare scenario off either the cumbersome Crooks or pantomine horse Stewart playing RB?
If he plays one of the above two, then im afraid that IMO it will show CT up to be a very negative manager, more intent on setting the team up defensively than going for the jugular!
Come on CT, Swifty please, you know it makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bantam Of The Opera said:
Sorry to say parrot but Holloways ban doesnt start until after saturday so you already know who is playing right back.
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Theres me looking forward to seeing weakest link out of the team!

Could be worse i suppose, Stewart could have took his place;)

Now edited the above to stop me looking an ar/se;)

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
now he would really show himself to be a first class manager and pick Swifty in any event on Saturday even though Holloway is available. I totally agree Parrot ( which is frightening in itself, lol) Your description of our two full backs, is mouth watering.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
What is that Crooks has done so bad? he's done nothing worse than Schumacher did last season and people orgasm when his name is mentioned. He's done no worse than Kearney and yet gets stick ... He always gives 100%

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I like Crooks, doesn't give up - he isn't the most gifted of footballers but you always know he'll give 100% and doesnt take no shit and probably would of scared the Southend midfield when he ran at the skanky lil shits they had in midfield.

May 20, 2005
I'm another that has no problem with Crooks selection. He's not my first choice but he's ample back up. It's the fawning over Kearney I cannot understand. He's alright, but that's it.

G
I dont mind Crooks either... not at right back though. centre mid cos Kearney was crap last night.

get Tesco in, sod it!

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
It's a serious question, nobody has ever managed to give a solid reason for why he should never be in the team. He tries even when the chips are down, hes not the quickest of players but doesnt give up, often mops up other players mistakes i.e Schumacher but never gets credit.

I'd be intrested to hear what hes done thats so bad.

He's OK for away games to sit in front of the back four & break up play.
Games like last night & saturday he's no good IMO because he has no mobility, pace or the ability to get from box to box.
In short the guys too ssssslllllloooowwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
some of the passes he was doing at half time last night were awesome, as were howarths - he showed some right flare, better passes than most in our team probably!

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
So basically with his lunges and crap passes at times he deserves all this negative crap?

So, What about when Schumacher does the same? he does the crap passes and lunges. Kearney is also the same as well. but these are blue eyed boys ... odd that.

Because someone is slow they are crap ... poor David Wetherall best give up.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
I honestly don't know why eveybody gives Crooks the benefit of the doubt. He is slow, lacks creativity, if he gets over the half way line, he has a nose bleed, he continually passes sideways and backwards. To want him in instead of Kearney is madness. Kearney had a poor game by his standards last night!!! yes folks that is one game, not a whole season's worth!!! He played really well on Saturday, and until he has a string of poor performances, I would want him in there. It is the tactics that is wrong, Todd needs to get this team up for it on Saturday, not just play well, but to go out there with the view they are going to win, and win well, to dominate the opposition, rather than to see how things go and then attack.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Wethers can keep up with play? did you not see that corner where wetherall was sprinting at full speed to catch the player as we strolled out with the ball last night? his arms were going like the clappers and he was huffing and puffing and it ended up .... Bower sprinting back to put it into touch ... wethers took until the throwin took place to get back where he was supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.