Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Russel Haworth-Liability

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2005
I wasn't there tonight admittedly but it speaks volumes for that we have the best defensive record in the league with Ricketts in net (with Haworth trying his best to let in as many as possible whilst Ricketts was injured earlier on in the season), then the absolute shocking goalkeeper that is Haworth come back in the side and lets in five. Get the loser out in the January transfer window.

Bantamtim

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Howarth was fine in the first half, and wasn't too bad in the second either, but he made an absolute howler for their fourth, and was generally poor in extra time. He's worth keeping on until we can find someone better (shouldn't be too hard).

Gotta disagree lads, I admit I didn't see the 4th goal so can't comment, but I'd be hard pressed to blame Howarth for the other goals, he made a few good saves aswell!
Im no Howarth fan as my previous posts will concur, but to blame him for tonights defeat is out of order IMO.
Bower & Wethers were good also, blame must be opportioned to the rest of the team's marking, particularly at set piece corners/free kicks ect...:(

lee

Michael Flynn's Lovechild
C&B Member
Jul 5, 2005
TBH Haworth's come on leaps and bounds. I remember a time at the start of the season where he wouldn't leave his line for love nor money. Last night he was coming and collecting crosses very confidently (except for the fourth goal, but that's been well documented so far).

He had an OK game on the whole though, and he was good enough at Morecambe. It's just a shame he capitulated in ET, but put it this way, they could have had a lot more than 3 in normal time had a lesser keeper been in.

However the defence do still look very shaky with him behind them, and his distribution is very poor. By no means should he stop working on his game.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
No conicidence that when cooke's in the side we score 3
No coincidence when Ricketts isn't we let in 5 - howarth made some good saves - these unfortunately came when we were at 5-3

May 22, 2005
Mickey mouse cup who cares ,bring on the real mc'coy The L.D.V it's ours for the takeing if we really want it enough.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
The Calverley Bantam said:
No conicidence that when cooke's in the side we score 3
No coincidence when Ricketts isn't we let in 5 - howarth made some good saves - these unfortunately came when we were at 5-3
I think you miss an important point CB the way the team were set up tatically we were always going to expose our defence including the keeper. We allowed them too much space and the opportunity to bring there wingers in to the game. We failed to prevent crosses getting into our box.

As a team Barnsley get a number bodies in to the opposition box - something we need to work on.

I was surprised that when we went 3-2 up we did not go back to are usual approach 12 mins left by playing a more defensive midfielder to help the defence - it prevented then from scoring in the league.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
I feel a bit sorry for Howarth. He made one maybe two slight errors of judgement in the whole game and he's been absolutely slaughtered for it. Compare that to the catalogue of errors made by most of the outfield players, some of which led to Barnsley goals and the criticism of him seems a tad unfair to me. Then again Holloway and Crooks weren't playing so we had to find a scapegoat somewhere didn't we? I blame Morrison miself, he's obviously not fit to wear the shirt. His lack of effort and unwillingness to put a foot in as he was warming was a disgrace! :rolleyes:

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
I think you miss an important point CB the way the team were set up tatically we were always going to expose our defence including the keeper. We allowed them too much space and the opportunity to bring there wingers in to the game. We failed to prevent crosses getting into our box.

As a team Barnsley get a number bodies in to the opposition box - something we need to work on.

I was surprised that when we went 3-2 up we did not go back to are usual approach 12 mins left by playing a more defensive midfielder to help the defence - it prevented then from scoring in the league.
aye, we should of put crooksie in there as schuey was having another stinker!

Status
Not open for further replies.