Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sacking Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
Just wondering what poeple really think about sacking Todd. By all accounts we are throwing points away for no reason and/or not chasing points we could be getting and our tactics and substitutions seem very Sven-like. There has been criticism that CT is not getting the best out of the players he has.

But if we sack CT are we going to get a manager in who will be better at bringing in decent players? Getting players to perform? Getting tactics etc right?
CT has picked up the likes of BMW, Muirhead, Shumacher, Claridge, etc. Good enough signings for a club in our position and with our finances.
CT seems to have made the right call on the players he's let go.
CT has got poeple raving about Crooks who not so long ago was thought of in the Holloway class. Muirhead seems to have improved vastly on the player dumped by Robson. And Petta... well he's doing what he did at all his other clubs.
On that score CT is doing far better than most managers would be.
OK, he's still got a severe case of Sven-itis but is sacking him and bringing a new manager in going to improve this without detracting from CT's other qualities? In fact is the revolving door at VP going to attract any manager of note?

Add to that how much are we going to throw away in compensation by sacking him?

Before you all jump down my throat, no I've not seen us play this season, I live in Holland and get my info from the radio and the numerous footy websites so if I'm way off the ball then I can only apologise. I just wonder what we would gain from sacking Todd? Surely we would only be shooting ourselves in the foot. And if the CT bashers cannot come up with a reasoned argument for sacking him without harming ourselves then shouldn't we just accept that we're stuck with him for the season and we are better off supporting the manager and players so the players get that little extra home boost? As I said, I dunno, you tell me?

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
beerbantam said:
I would love to be able toi send the likes of you, Tony D and Chuckle a dvd of every game we have played this year to make up your own minds on how bad CT is, really i would fact is i cant !!

But honest you have to see to believe - how bad we really are under Todd!!:mad: :mad:
I would love to get a DVD of all the matches believe me. We can't be THAT bad though surely? As bad as England have been the last year (or three)?

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Even if that is true Beer, 6 games unbeaten well in touch and playing badly...

Imagine if they start playing to their worth..We would surely piss it...

To play badly and stay in touch has surely got to be better than playing well and losing????:D

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
beerbantam said:
Pot, kettle . black !!

On what grounds do you base your arguement???

Or are you back to your 'mates'??: Your full o shite mate!!

Come back with facts!!

When you start providing some facts, i will, until then i may as well just be like you and your buddies...

Plus it is actually quite obvious:p :D

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Facts of life,,,,,,,,theres wan/as and even bigger wan/as.
We need a manager who can motivate lazy players and less skillful players and one who can get players to believe they are unbeatable and fight for every loose ball.That and will never be Todd.:mad:

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Great come back "Mupett" ...hahahhahaha

Yep as ive said before and will ONCE more for the big man at table two...

Two people can go to the same match yet come out with totally different views...

I base my posts on what i hear on matchday what i read on here but most importantly what the majority of my mates who go say...

You still think Crooks is shite whilst he to most City fans is our best player??????

Dipshit

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
I have to aggree tonyd,that Crookes has improved dramatically this season.Pitty Todd hasnt done the same.:D
Your also right about two people watching the same game and having differing opinions,but the fact is mines always right.:D

G

Dutchbantam, you dont need to have seen the games to get the jist of how bad we played, by doing the following for each of the below games you too can feel like you were really there and feel the pain with us ...

To experience how we felt whilst watching...

Southend H
Bournemouth H
Yeovil H
Colchester H

Do the following...

1) Take your fist
2) Smash it into your crotch

Yes, those games were THAT BAD!

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
beerbantam said:
Tony change your tune! when was the last time i slagged Crooks? again he played well at Donny, i may not rate the guy but im honest!!
Crooks has come good but its takeb 18months, though he still wopuld not get into our best center mid!!

Its CT thats getting it wrong! but i wont go into why with a fukwit like you! you will just look for the confrontation!

Grow up T! Get a life! you may think that your bullyboy way on here is clever, but believe me - you just make everyone think your a ****!!

Your probably not in real life- in my experience on the boards!!:mad: :mad:
Thing is mate to me your the same...Just cos i dont agree with you doesnt make you right...

Now once you lot realise that then we should be ok.. Now its you who looks like the idiot here not me Beer..

Now im off to bed now as i cannot be arsed wasteing my time replying to you whilst you are being a petulant child... Put your fookin dummy back in and wipe your snotty nose...

"Grow up get a life".....hahahaha read your post and try again you big girls blouse.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Who fookin cares mate... I go to matches with my REAL mates both army and civi ... Not blokes i chat to on a message board about City ffs...

hahahahahahahaha.. Im gutted that no one would turn up it has ruined my life...how sad that that cheers you up.. hahahahahahahahahaha.

Please please dont turn me away everyone...please... I will change...please.hahahahahaha..

Sys alot about you that Beer...Im great your not...Nice to know your good looking????? hahahahahahahahaha

G
tony d said:
Even if that is true Beer, 6 games unbeaten well in touch and playing badly...

Imagine if they start playing to their worth..We would surely piss it...

To play badly and stay in touch has surely got to be better than playing well and losing????:D
Scary, I agree with you...

Whatever next, agreeing with Chuckie Egg?!?!?

:):):)

May 20, 2005
I've seen enough of City under Todd to know we won't get a better manager with what we can offer.

Todd's not the problem, it's this misguided opinion that we have got one of the best squads in the division, when we haven't that has led to false and misplaced overoptimism.

I said at the start of the season, we'd be no different this season to last. That is blindingly obvious. And to be constantly hovering about the play off places like we did for the majority of last season and so it seems so far we are doing this season, with what Todd has got to work with, then I still say we need to hang on to Todd as long as we possibly can.

All Todd is doing is making us hard to beat. Of Course it is frustrating that we aren't casting aside all before us with flowing football by two/three or more goal margins, but as much as some of you like to convince yourself we have a squad teeming with talent, we haven't. We have a squad of rejects and jouneymen padded out with reject journeymen that rely on two almost 40 year olds to get the goals. And to expect a manager to forge that into a potential play off team AND to stuff all comers with the prettiest football in the division is expecting miracles.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
CHUCKLE,Todd is making us hard to beat fpmsl,every team in the league wants to play us cos we are sh/te,weve been lucky so far.I hate it but Jackson will have the TBs so wound up we are going to take one hell of a beating on monday night.That will be live on Sky and will just show to the league how sh/t we are.:mad:

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
CHUCKLE,Todd is making us hard to beat fpmsl,every team in the league wants to play us cos we are sh/te,weve been lucky so far.I hate it but Jackson will have the TBs so wound up we are going to take one hell of a beating on monday night.That will be live on Sky and will just show to the league how sh/t we are.:mad:
As usual i expect your opinions and predictions to amount to nothing...In fact going by your past performances City are a certain to win...

Well done mate keep up the bad work....:D :D :D

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
WE WILL SEE TONYD.I HAVE PREDICTED A LOSS AT SWINDON AND A DRAW AT DONNY.LIKE I HAVE SAID THE TBs WILL HAMMER US AND I AINT GONNA CHANGE MY MIND.JUST GOT BACK FROM THE BCISC MEETING AT SHELF.EVEN WHEN I SPOKE TO BOWER AND CROOKES IN PRIVATE,THERE WAS NO CONVICTION IN THEIR VOICES,SO EXPACT A GOOD BEATING FOR US.I FOR ONE WILL BE OVER THE MOON IF WE BEAT THE BASTARDS,BUT I KNOW WHATS COMING. :mad:

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
WE WILL SEE TONYD.I HAVE PREDICTED A LOSS AT SWINDON AND A DRAW AT DONNY.LIKE I HAVE SAID THE TBs WILL HAMMER US AND I AINT GONNA CHANGE MY MIND.JUST GOT BACK FROM THE BCISC MEETING AT SHELF.EVEN WHEN I SPOKE TO BOWER AND CROOKES IN PRIVATE,THERE WAS NO CONVICTION IN THEIR VOICES,SO EXPACT A GOOD BEATING FOR US.I FOR ONE WILL BE OVER THE MOON IF WE BEAT THE BASTARDS,BUT I KNOW WHATS COMING.
Oh to be a fly on the wall...

Jimmy "Hey Bower why does Todd play this Donkey... His tactics are shite his subs a wank.. Half the team are not good enough to play in this league...Both our keepers couldnt catch a cold... We will go down with those players and Todd in charge"

Bower "whhat the fook??? Security!!!!"

Jimmy "any thoughts on the Udders match mate"

Bower "fook off you loon ball.. Are you that idiot off the internet???":D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.