Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Saturdays Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
Anybody going to the Boro game on saturday?? I was thinking about breaking my no pre-season games rule because the new season is just too far away to wait.

B_i_N

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Oslo
Bradford's pre-season freindly warm up this season has been a complete joke.
And obviously Boro aren't such a big club, thinking they can arrange 2 teams in one day. Those responsible at City and Boro want their heads banging together.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Yeah why didnt we get a pre seasonagainst vastly better sides that leathered us all over the park..

Then at least we could have seen some world class players...

The fixtures have gradually got harder and if the Boro match goes ahead it will further give the lads a decent run out...

Pre seasons not about the teams you play its about getting the team playing well playing fit and playing the style the manager wants ... How can we do that if we are beaten every gain and under the cosh...

B_i_N

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Oslo
That's a fair point Tony, however if the standard of the opposition is better then hopefully the City players will raise their game. And what's wrong with arranging some games against the likes of Sheff Utd or Wolves. I think it's great we play against BPA or Harrogate, however the players should meet some tough opposition. It also helps to motivate the fans. I tell you what letting 3 goals against Ferreby and only beating BPA 1-0 was just as bad as losing 4-0 to someone like Birmingham City.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Cetic drew with Leicester 0-0...

It means nothing, as i said its getting back to peak performance at the right time...

As much as i slate Pub League football, Celtic are far superior to the crisp packet boys...

If you look at the results pre season most teams results mimic ours if you equate the levels..

These are some from the other day....They are replicated daily.. The main thing is we have won them all, our team are getting fitter , playing the style CT wants etc etc. :D

Accrington Stanley 1 Cardiff 3
Aylesbury 1 Swindon 2
Bangor City 1 Rochdale 1
Boston Utd 2 Ipswich 5
Brigg Town 0 Scunthorpe 0
Burton Albion 0 Chester 1
Chelmsford 0 Southend 1
Cheltenham Town 0 Burnley 0
Clevedon Town 3 Bristol City 2
Coleraine 3 Rushden & Diamonds 5
Crawley Town 0 Millwall 2
Doncaster 1 Peterborough 2
Farnborough 2 Reading 1
Frickley 1 Sheffield United 2
Fulham 0 Celtic 0
Grantham 0 Lincoln City 2
Grays 2 Colchester 1
Halifax 1 Bradford 2
Inverness 1 Blackpool 0
Kettering 0 Northampton 0
Kidderminster 2 Wolves 1
Macclesfield 1 Man City 1
Mansfield 0 Derby 1
Motherwell 0 Everton 0
Morecambe 2 Blackburn 2
Northwich 1 Port Vale 4
Notts County 2 Gillingham 1
Sutton Utd 1 Leyton Orient 2
Torquay 1 Plymouth 1
Yeading 2 Oxford Utd 0
Yeovil 2 Portsmouth 4

G
A bit pissed off! Was going to be the only pre-season game I was going to before I go on holiday and wanted to see some of the trialists aswell as Petta, stew peas, Cadas etc.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Would agree with tony. tis more important to get the performances and fitness of the players to where you want them than it is the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.