Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shaun Goater

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Southend have failed in a bid to sign Reading striker Shaun Goater.

Shrimpers boss Steve Tilson was hoping to bring the former Manchester City man to Roots Hall to add experience to his squad.

Goater rejected the overtures as he does not want to drop down to League One and Tilson admitted he was extremely disappointed to lose out on the striker.

"Shaun was someone we were looking at," said Tilson. "He has a very good record and would have done a good job for us.

"But he wants to carry on playing in the Championship and doesn't want to drop down into League One, which is a shame from our point of view."

I think he would have been a good signing for us if we had gone in for him but looks like he doesn't want to drop down a division.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Yeah look at deano last year...

I mean if Goater had such a shite season at that age he would be a right waste lol

Come on BotO....

Goater would be class for a one season swan song.....

Feed the goat and he will score......

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
No i agree there m8... Thought you were just dismissing Goater cos of his age.....

I think we have a good set there too... Goater would add quality....

Glad we cleared that up..

You dont hate me now do you.. :D :D :D

May 18, 2005
tony d said:
You dont hate me now do you.. :D :D :D
Yes :D

Goater is a player i would have loved city to sign way back in the old days when he played for Rotherham and i agree he is quality, one thing i will say though Tony is that players of that age sometimes have an attitude of just playing for the money and i think we all agree that we cannot afford that.

I will support any player of any age who will pull on the claret and amber with pride.

May 18, 2005
Both Edghill and Goater would be decent additions to our squad, but like the Bridges rumour i just cant see Goater signing. From what people have said who have been to the friendlies we need a new goalscorer, and that is what Goater is.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
Look on the omb on the club questions forum and Jon makes it as clear as possible that there is no truth in the rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.