Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shite at home - AGAIN.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
After the magnificent win on Saturday i'm gutted by tonights result - sheeeeite....

Todd's excuse will be the sending off - but we were shite before hand.....i'm not calling for his head but his motivational skills must be called into question - how come he can do it away against the best in the division - but not at home to shit?

We on paper have a top 6 side - Saturdays performance underlines that - so why on earth can't we produce at home?

I can almost smell the excuses now - no atmosphere, tired players, sending off....blah blah blah - it was shit Todd - sort it before Saturday or its another season of shit crowds and mediocrity.....:(

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Holloway was at fault, every defender is told do not stop until you hear the whilst. He stopped shouted offside sulked and then had to set off. Also, the challenge was not as bad as some of the Southend challenges and it was harsh to send him off.

No action taken when Southends forward decided to spin Ricketts around ... yet we get players booked for a slight push.

The only pluses i took from tonights game were Petta and Taylor both looked good, I'm sure glad we have Petta rather than summerbee.

G

it was a yellow, holloway was doing fine

if you had an accident quite light really and someone comes blaring at you with a red card it makes it look bad, the camera was behind him too so the angle might favour him, some referees have no god

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Holloway was doing fine? Guess you had the radio on then mate, You certainly weren't at the game. He was terrible ... As was Kearney ... Had Holloway not been sent off ... Crooks would of replaced the nervous Kearney.

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
"nervous Kearney"? what game were you at Ed? He weren't our best player but to single him out and suggest he should be replaced by "wouldn't get a game for Avenue" Crooks is laughable mate.....
Kearney on form (like Saturday) is the nearest thing this club has had to Duxbury and Kennedy in recent years.....the exact type of player you need to pull their sleeves up when things don't go our way - Crooks is as big a liability as Holloway......

May 24, 2005
I actually thought Kearney did alright.

Holloway was atrocious before the sending off, as was Bower - had he left his brain in the dressing room?

Petta looks a bit greedy on the ball, MBW should of scored when clean through, chose to hit it with his left rather than his right, Cooke still cant finish!

Still not sure about Ricketts, would like to see Howarth giving ago.

How many matched before Stewart gets sent off? He lunges in like crazy!

Hopefully this is a turning point, lets go and thrash the dons!

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Kearney was terrible, his challenges were wild and late, his passes were as if he wanted to be wearing white, I don't doubt he's good but he was nervous and you could see it. He was frustrated with his own performance you could tell it when he went off. Schumacher bailed him out on numerous occassions.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I blame Todd, he stood on the touchline arms folded and reminded me of Robson. He needs to get the fire into them when the chips are down.

G
holloway was teeing up a hull goal fella, he was actually doing well, he put one ball out that could've been in, thats it.. i'm slightly disappointed about the number of handballs southend did without 1 being spotted, hmmmm
i guess you were at the other side

cibasteve

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
www.theshippers.co.uk
Fucking hell. Just listen to yourselves.

One game and it's started, well I thought some of our play was tremendous in the first half, we played some lovely stuff, WTF do you want us to do kick it as hard as we can and run after it??? like some of the play last season.

One game lost and your sulking already, the sending off changed the game no doubts about that but to start slagging off players who had an off day isn't the way forward.

I'm as disappointed as the next City fan tonight but i'll not start laying into players for not performing for one game.

One thing I will say though is that Stewart doesn't luck the part.

G
you're right ed, it stops with todd, and the half-time team talk must've been quite something, but with 10 men and 1 down you can only try
the ref stomped on the game, it could've been worse, he should be at mcdonalds

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
cibasteve said:
Fucking hell. Just listen to yourselves.

One game and it's started, well I thought some of our play was tremendous in the first half, we played some lovely stuff, WTF do you want us to do kick it as hard as we can and run after it??? like some of the play last season.

One game lost and your sulking already, the sending off changed the game no doubts about that but to start slagging off players who had an off day isn't the way forward.

I'm as disappointed as the next City fan tonight but i'll not start laying into players for not performing for one game.
Well said Steve lad..

G
kearney was not terrible, but gave away a few passes which is match practice and he has been sharper

G
I don't think you can single out any players. The only players who came out with a decent performance today was Taylor, Petta and Cooke IMO. He should have scored butat elast he was in a position to have a chance. How many chances did we have in the box when he went off?

Costello

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
And don't forget Bridge Wilko who never stopped beavering away, and trying to find a way through.

Off nights? Well, Windass wasn't his ebullient self tonight, even Mark Bower looked wobbly at times, and Kearney despite his effort will never make a player. Sorry, different strokes for different folks etc etc.

Off topic, Parrot mentions over zealous stewarding. Well, they didn't look happy tonight, a couple of them were arguing amongst themselves, and apparently Wendy had given another one a bollocking at half time for something or other.

Status
Not open for further replies.