Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So how did we play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beever

C&B Member
Sep 2, 2005
Couldn't make the game but 3 - 3 at full time, it must have been a good un for a change.

Were we at least more attacking or was it both teams at the back were a pile of poo?

Will be heading south for the Roverum game so I hope Toad has seen the light and decided to get City on the front foot........................or am I just being a tad too festive in my thoughts.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
To be fair we just weren't good enough - at least in extra time!! It was great entertainment, we were great for the first and last 25 minutes of each half - Barnsley were the better side the rest of the time....two evenly matched sides until extra time!! Windass was woeful - yet again, and even stopped a goal bound shot with his arse in the last minute, Muirhead needs crossing coaching practice - but apart from that not many complaints!! This is exactly the type of game i don't mind loosing 5-3 as apposed to the usual boring loss.....

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
ONe of the better games at VP even if we did lose it. Goin into extra time just a few days after playing most of a game with 10 men we were never really goin to win it, some of the players looked nackered.

Beever

C&B Member
Sep 2, 2005
maybe it's about time the team and Toad dished up some decent footie. A few games like that and hopefully some wins may bring some fans back to VP.
I for one was finding it bleedin hard work getting my ass down the M74 for "X" hours just to watch negative dog wind and boring "it was a good point at home against 10 men".

And maybe it's about time Coco was rested. Too much titting about and too much hair die for a 74 year old.

And when's the Rivals site back up and running? I'm just doing to much work. The powers that be may get used to it.

Loyalish, are you in the Cartwright Saturday? Get in there at a decent time/hour, I may just buy you a beer.

May 20, 2005
I tell yer what Beev.....I'm missing winding up the TBs on the CG site.

What was that old UB40 song now adopted by Brizzle City?.....Oh yes, I remember....."We are the one in ten"

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'Loyalish, are you in the Cartwright Saturday? Get in there at a decent time/hour, I may just buy you a beer.'

How do Beev, probably, it was very quiet in there last night, which is happen as well because it was Juniors first visit, I even got a seat!

Re:the game. Don't let the result fool you, we were pap, the intent was there, but unlike at Oakwell the execution was abysmal. I doubt whether we strung more than three passes together once all night, we gave the ball away cheaply so often everytime WE attacked you felt Barnsley might score, in fact they did! If Holloway had been playing and performed like Edgehill and Lewis there would have been a peasant uprising on the terraces and he would have been hanging from the top of the Main Stand!!!

Morrison on the bench and Cadders out wide??? Mmm, with Cadders finally looking the player we know he is and earning rave reviews playing as a striker, sticking him out wide and dropping the scapegoat again was a tactical masterstroke, thanks Colin.

I must say Deanos substitution came as quite a shock. It certainly kept the St Johns Ambulance crew busy, apparently 3,000 people needed treatment after they'd fainted. Deano fans needn't worry though, I think the only reason CT took him off was because he realised we were playing with four centre forwards and Lewis was the only City player on the left hand side of the pitch. :rolleyes:

MotM - Shuker, different class. A bit like Morrison but a lot busier. Now if Morrison had been playing, blah blah blah blah blah change the fookin' record... :D

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
what really pissed me off is that barnsley were showing todd how it should be done....everytime they atacked they had 4 or 5 running into the box...and who did we have? cooke on his own...even then muirhead (who is unbelivably dire) hits the first man with his early cross and we end up with nothing. Edgey was shite...but not was bad as horrorshow. My Motm was bridgey...he was all over the place, dictating our tempo and creating chances - unfortunately he was let down by schuey who once again was abysmal

Status
Not open for further replies.