Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So if we don't win tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
So if we don't win tonight are all the Todd haters going to come crawling back shouting for his head even though,

1. We have the fifth best goal difference in the league.
2. We are sat just 5 points off the top of the league.
3. We are 1 point outside the play-offs.
4. We are sat in 7th place.
5. Only 3 teams have a better defensive record.

Out of interest what are you Todd haters expecting, 30 points after 10 games? Clean sheets every week? 4 Goals a game?
There are 17 teams in our division who would kill to be in our position, look at last seasons Play-off teams, only Brentford are above us, look at last seasons Championship teams, all 3 are below us.
I also have my doubts that Southend and Scunthorpe will be as high come the buisness end of the season.
We were second in the league at the end of October last season and it all went shit shaped because we peaked to soon.
We also have Ricketts and Bridge-Wilkinson to come back and both will strengthen the team so as we are in 7th without them, give Todd a chance and I'm sure we'll be higher with them.
People doubted his skills when he aquired Claridge but that transfer has already provided 3 points and we have a strike force of 4 strikers and each one is completely different and provides a different threat. Cadders for Pace, Claridge for Goal Poaching, Cookey for his hold up play and Deano for alround greatness!
A trip to the new Wembley is on the cards, don't jepordise it by calling for Todds head.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
beerbantam said:
Your wrong Thorney, really only Jimmy wants him sacked now!!
So has Parrot changed his mind then?

BTW - This post wasn't to cause a reaction it's to put the facts to back up the fact Todd isn't doing a bad job, if using facts to put an opinion across is childish then call me childish, I just wish others would put some facts across to back up their opinions rather than ranting and raving with no proof.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
You know full well some rant and rave over anything on here with out the facts, In fact we get people telling us who had a good game and who needs dropping when they didn't even go to the game but we have witnessed it with our own eyes ;)
I had a funny conversation with a MK Dons fan on their messageboard where someone was swearing blind that MK Dons played well when he didn't even go to the game because of what he heard on the radio. It just goes to show how bias regional radio and reporting is because anyone who saw the MK Dons match will know that City could/should of easily won by 5 to 6 goals.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
You off to Doncaster on Saturday Beer?
I'll probably bump into you there in a pub near the ground if you are as I'm not planning on taking my car to this game.

axel

C&B Member
Aug 7, 2005
btw, just to warn the bloke who sits behind me in the lower tier of the Carlsberg stand. I'm getting royally sick of your constant booing, moaning and foul language.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
awwwwwwwww

G
I think Todd is doing OK.
I know he's not a Shankly or Busby, not even a Jewell, though the later did have a fair amount of cash to spend. But he is doing alright.

Last season most fans on various MB's expected a relegation battle, indeed some thought it was nailed on that we would drop to League 2 and some even predicted that we would be playing Conference football before long.
Most of these people weren't being contentious, they were looking at the situation of a club with little money, very little prospects, a squad made up of rejects, has-beens and youth and what they saw was depressing in the extreme. We were going to be like lambs to the slaughter weren't we?
As it was, Todd made some decent signings and some indifferent ones but as a team he exceeded most fans expectations and city had a relatively good season.

Fans being fans, many expect promotion this time around. There is nothing wrong with that as long as they accept it is still very early days for what is essentially a new club and Bradford City have no god given right to be successful just as much as it was for teams like Wolves, Man City, the Sheffields and even Chelsea when all they were 'struggling' in this division or lower.

If Todd doesn't succeed again this time and finishes mid table again does that make him a failure?
It depends on your measure of failure but to my mind no it doesn't and he would deserve a third term.
Of course, if we find that we are struggling and in danger of relegation then JR would have to seriously consider his options but unless that happens I see no need for change. Continuity is better for now.

There is much talk recently about the supposed decline of English football.
The emphasis in the media has been about dwindling interest in the Premiership product but there is a move away from football throughout the leagues.
I tend to think that this a rebellion against inflated prices that fill the coffers of owners/chairmen and to pay monstrously outlandish wages to players with inflated egos.
Fans have had enough and the clubs will soon have to deal with the problem or face further decline and vastly reduced revenue. How they will do it I don't know and don't really care.

We are suffering the effects of recent successes.
We all know a successful team means increased support and improved finances, which in turn pay for facilities and players to take the club onwards and upwards. Indeed, the nineties saw BCFC win at Wembley to gain a first division place and not long after the win at Wolves secured a spot in the 'The best league in the world'.
Although we had a steadily increasing fan base during that period of time the vast majority of the 'new' support were patently there for one reason only….GLORY!.
They have gone now and personally I say good riddance to the lot of them who turned up ten minutes late, watched 20 minutes of the first half before making their way to the bar and leaving ten minutes before full time. Yes…we needed their money but there are somethings which are more valuable than money when it comes to football. I'm talking about loyalty, passion and love for your football club.

The Premiership for me is a fading memory now. Yes it was great but it's gone, done with, it's time to get real my friends and the reality is that we are a League 1 (third division) outfit playing the same game as every other football club in the country.

All fans want success for their team, there would be little point in going to games otherwise.
Away from football I'm considered a logical thinker, a realist, analytical. I'm not embarrassed to admit that when it comes to Bradford City all that goes out of the window and I become a romanticist, a dreamer, an optimistic fool.
From my first games in the late 60's to the game tonight I have never gone thinking we are going to lose, what's the point of attending if you do?….if a fan says to me "oh! with our home form we'll get stuffed" I wonder why he is wasting his hard earned cash with an attitude like that.
Similarly when it comes to players and management, I will, while at the game, shout encouragement to all even when the performance is below expectations. I will have a witter or moan sometimes after the match or air my views on a message board but while I'm at the game I'm always supportive which is what supporters do isn't it?…support???….or am I still naïve after all these years?

Sorry to ramble on....me dinners ready...Bye!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Bantams_AnD_Proud said:
I'm not a Todd hater, but if we don't win tonight it will prove why we aren't going to get promotion this season.
The form guide shows it won't be an easy game, infact they have the same kind of form we do at the moment.

G
beerbantam said:
They have only won one of their last five away!!!
We will crush them like ants - it will be like pulling the legs from Cranefly!!(daddyllonglegs with wings)

I find it offensive that you analogise winning games with the killing or maiming of defenceless insects.

City will most certainly win tonight but will crush them like ...errrm?.... grapes!! and it will be like pulling .....hmm?.....faces back at deano??

------------------------------------------
PC Treehugger of the Ant Protection Force.

Thorney said:
You know full well some rant and rave over anything on here with out the facts, In fact we get people telling us who had a good game and who needs dropping when they didn't even go to the game but we have witnessed it with our own eyes ;)
Carefull there Thorney you'll have Starsky & Hutch jumping on you from a great height with comments like that!:D
BTW Do you know anyone who wants to buy a season ticket?
From now on I think i'll save my money by just buying the T&A for Simon Parkers match reports & listen to radio commentary, It will save me thousands every season!
You know what, I wont even have to have my own opinion anymore, just Parkers or Tim Thornton!:D

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
We also have people who go to these matches and come out with the total opposite of others who go... Then shout em down for arguing with the hes shite he needs sacking..

Strange that isnt it Thorney..

So to that end not going seems to give me the same rights to sound off as any of you as none of you can totally agree with whos good and whos not.

Cheers.:D :p :D

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Cant anyone get their heads round the facts???Todd has learnt nothing from last season our home form is a disgrace.Teams in our division must rub their hands when they play us.Oh great we are playing Bradford,we havent scored for 10 games and havent won away for ten years,so looks like an easy 3 points for us.Todd blames Colchesters tactics.Emmmmmmmm is that because he hasnt got any???Good teams break teams down that come to defend.The manager sees the game panning out and then changes his tactics to beat the defensive set up.Not Todd he couldnt change a light bulb. :confused:

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I guess my answer to the original question was yes, people will come on here shouting for Todds head, one question to those that do, who can could we get to replace him that would do a better job?

Thorney said:
I guess my answer to the original question was yes, people will come on here shouting for Todds head, one question to those that do, who can could we get to replace him that would do a better job?
Chris Kamara?

Dave Basset?

Lou Macari?

Anyone who doesnt play Holloway or Emanuel in Centre midfield would be a start!

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Chris Kamara SKY only for this boy.. ...

Dave Basset Cushty job already ... Long term prospects in it too..

Lou Macari though !!!!!!!!
hahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

I apologise Jimmy at least you made an effort..

hahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

Lou Macari has managed Swindon,West Ham,Birmingham,Stoke & Hudd*rsfield.
Managerial Honours Include Division Two Championship with West Ham(old money) & Division Four Championship with Swindon(old money)& the Autoglass Trophy.

Colin Todd has managed Bolton,Swindon,Derby & Middlesbrough winning the Division One Championship with Bolton.

Although Lou Macari wouldn't be my first choice T, Im sure even someone with your Intelligence can see he's won more trophies than Colin Todd;)
So before you Poo Poo old Lou, get you facts right mate:D

hahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahaha hahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahah ahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha hahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahh ahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahah hahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahh ahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhah ahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahah ahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahah ahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha hahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhah ahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah hahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahaha hahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
So you think that Lou Macari who seems more that content to sit on a panel on Soccer Saturday and get paid to watch football games would get City promoted with no money and the same players? He wouldn't even be allowed to bring anyone in if there wasn't a transfer window but seeing as there is that a definate no no.
Plus there is no guarentees that being successful else where will mean success here.
I bet those shouting for Nicky Laws head were happy when Robbo was appointed, Personally I think we should of appointed Laurie Sanchez when we had the chance but we appointed Robbo and the rest is history.

Thorney said:
So you think that Lou Macari who seems more that content to sit on a panel on Soccer Saturday and get paid to watch football games would get City promoted with no money and the same players?
Where did I say that?
There you go again Thorney, putting words into peoples mouths!:D
Personally I wouldnt want Lou Macari as our manager, I was just making a point to T, who as usual tried to put me down without any knowledge of what he was talking about;)
I want a manager who can "motivate" his players for ALL games, not just the "Big" ones.
CTs substitutions have also been worrying of late, & his post match comments are getting more bizzare by the week!
Like Beer said, Im a realist, CT WILL still be here at Christmas, any change of manager would coincide with the transfer window, Im sure!
Look on the bright side, maybe CT will have improved our clubs fortunes by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.