Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So Ricketts and Howarth are dodgy and we need a good keeper...Walshy anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
I think we have now safely established that Russell Howarth is not a very good keeper and that Donovan Ricketts is erratic, good some games but poor in others...with John Filan and Mike Pollitt both above Walshy in the pecking order at Wigan i wonder if Todd fancies giving Jewell a ring and asking for a favour? :D

Walsh may be cracking on and he's 37 now but he has vowed to play on until he is 40...i bet my house that he's still better than Ricketts, Howarth and still better than the former demi-god of some Paul Henderson.

After rescuing god knows how many points for us in the promotion season with his wonder saves i think we owe it to him to give him one last shot at been a first choice keeper and then set him on as a goalkeeping coach...

Well we can always dream of it happening eh :rolleyes:

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
People need to remember that Howarth is a very young player, granted he's older than many outfield players we have but in goalkeeping terms he's an infant. Given time, experience and games he'll be a good keeper. He's a good shotstopper and you don't get picked for england if your complete crap .... Well unless your sven and like Clamity James ... but in the younger england teams you've got to be good and dont rely on your name to get picked.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Why dont we play saynor??

How can you say james is crap, easily best shorstopper in the countryy

G
Aye but i just think his reluctance to speak up and command the defense could cost us promotion. As for Saynor he is far too young.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Too Young? how can anybody be too young? i mean he could be a star in the making, i mean did you say hes too young to wayne rooney when he got called up to england? and michael owen?

G
Howarth Is a babe I reality - only 23 / 24 and played a handful of 1st team games In his career - thats the problem , he needs to be pumped up with confidence to claim the ball more and talk to his defenders - that will come with experience .
As for g/keeping coaches , we have one already , Jim Montgomery who's pedigree Is second to none .

Status
Not open for further replies.