Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sorrow for London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmitry

C&B Member
Jun 8, 2005
Just yesterday I conratulated your capital about Olymics-2012 and today it happened so tragic events that was so many times in Russia.
My sorrow is with you, british citizens, but for me it's not only your tragedy it's so big problem of all the world.

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
It is a World wide problem but if the good stand together against the bad then we will win.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
You cannot beat terrorists... You can kill a few lock some up... But ultimately their success breeds success in recruiting as well as their deaths making them martyrs also aiding recruiting...

Its not a war on terror as there is no battle ground to fight them all... You can only take on those in the open the remainder do as they please....

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
tony d said:
You cannot beat terrorists... You can kill a few lock some up... But ultimately their success breeds success in recruiting as well as their deaths making them martyrs also aiding recruiting...

Its not a war on terror as there is no battle ground to fight them all... You can only take on those in the open the remainder do as they please....
Sorry Tony I believe you can beat them, and will not lock horns with you over this as its so sad. And yes you know more than me on this subject (thank god) but never ever surrender to terrorists. Fight , fight and fight again.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
I agree fight fight fight... But this is more than war.. You look around the world over the years and have seen regime changes everywhere one thing that has out lasted everything is terrorism...

IRA in the main is finished not beaten just moved on..
ETA is stil very active
Middle east is rife with it..
South America etc etc..

You cannot beat it with policies in place, to change the system to beat it would mean implementing draconic measures the democratic west will never allow...

Democarcy makes terrorism easy..

Didn't we beat the IRA terrorists?

We didn't give In to their demands when they were using terror tactics, In the end they realised the only way forward was through the democratic process with Sinn Fein.

Dmitry

C&B Member
Jun 8, 2005
When Putin say today: "I hope that we can beat terrorism, I'm sure that we will beat it" I was feeling that he didn't believe so much himself. I can understand politicians they should say this words, what can make more, but they don't know what to make it in this circumstances.
You see it's not only this events in London, but also the kill of Egypt ambassodor that happened today. I feel that it's growing up & you know it depresses me.
To be honest I'm not happy that next year a big 8 meeting will be in St-Petersburg - it can provoke everything.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Parrot said:
Didn't we beat the IRA terrorists?We didn't give In to their demands when they were using terror tactics, In the end they realised the only way forward was through the democratic process with Sinn Fein.
No we didnt... The IRA still train to this day.. They continue to plan and to do dry run throughs...

They have all their weapons and continue to buy more....

They trade elsewhere now true... But not because we beat them...

Look at the make up of the population... Soon the Cathlics will have such a majority that they will be the dominant force...

To this end to change track and become a ligitimate political force will give them a large edge inthe future make up of a potential move to a united Ireland...

To that end some could say that it was they who indeed won....

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
violence breeds violence, while ever we react with violence it will not end. We have to find a different route.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Lets just ask them to stop then..

Or

Do exactly what they want and turn the world into an Islamic state...

Or

Just ignore the bad man and he will just go away.

There is no other way to combat terrorism but to try and irradicate it with the force required...

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
if you are against violence, you are somehow agreeing to what the terrorists want....................ffs give me a break.....

We must do everything in our power to stop these people, but killing them and making matyrs of them only ups their quota!!!!

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Locking them up makes them matryrs also as does leaving them and letting them continue...

The only way to stop them is to beat them... How do you beat them then BG....

Greater minds than yours have been trying to solve that for years ....

Not much success so far is there.....

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
greater minds than mine...............

how the hell do you know what my mind holds?

you do whatever is necessary to protect yourself from them. At the same time, you make sure the breeding grounds for terrorism are no allowed to flourish. All the things that make life bearable ie resources, education, health, opportunity, and work are avialable to the ordinary people. It is only a small handful of warped individuals who sole purpose is to seek power through conflict and terror. Without the ability to recruit, their threat would be negliable, it is their ability to persuade young people to seek a like in heaven that appeals. Now why is that?? why do they want a life in heaven; young people should be enjoying their life on this planet!!!

I don't have any answers, but what I do know is this, continued violence will not solve this problem, you have to win the hearts and minds of young people, as the charismatic terrorists leaders are doing, while we are too busy to care about them. No easy answers, just more questions............

Status
Not open for further replies.