Team News Squad post-Austria

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bantam147

Usual Biscuits
C&B Member
Sep 13, 2008
That's also what I was hoping for when I saw the squad being put together (think I wrote that in another thread).

With Taylor and Poleon, you could even shuffle the 3 behind Wyke to freshen things up
When you look at It, we're a bit thin on the ground if Wyke gets Injured. No obvious alternative to play that central striking role in a 4231 system.

Jun 22, 2017
Birstall
View attachment 15487 I may be old school but we need wingers who can cross a ball , this image is seconds before Tony Mac blasted high and wide . Men queuing up in the box keeper out of position
I was looking down the line of this moment and the ball had to be drilled hard and low across the box, anything could of happened....but what happened happened and we can't change it now! Fully in agreement that wingers are essential, especially at this level, if we are playing 4-4-2!

Jun 29, 2012
this has been done to death - Wyke wouldn't have been able to get a shot away - the defender would have been there as soon as Mac rolled it to him.
the player closest to Mcmahon (Cullen?) would also have been straight under pressure and was nearly at just as bad an angle anyway.
the ball would have been cut out had he tried to find anyone else.
Then you drill it hard and low across goal if it's too risky to pick out any individual.

Aug 14, 2012
Would be disappointed if Dieng is a first choice starter. He didn't do anything last year to suggest he's a top league 1 midfielder.
I really see something is Dieng just further forward that he was playing last year. Last season he got 3 goals in the league and did look threatening when he got forward. His height in the box could be great when making late runs to get on the end of crosses.
I don't think he will be an automatic starter but do think he was underrated by some and has more to offer.

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
When you look at It, we're a bit thin on the ground if Wyke gets Injured. No obvious alternative to play that central striking role in a 4231 system.
I posted similar and got asked why would we need more forwards.

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
I was looking down the line of this moment and the ball had to be drilled hard and low across the box, anything could of happened....but what happened happened and we can't change it now! Fully in agreement that wingers are essential, especially at this level, if we are playing 4-4-2!
Then you drill it hard and low across goal if it's too risky to pick out any individual.
Macca was going for glory as he'd done previously against Wimbledon ?, but I agree with both your posts the thing to do was play it with pace across the box, anything could have happened, a touch from any of our lads or maybe a deflection off a Milwall player.

Brigg bantam

C&B Full Member
Jul 11, 2017
Bradford
View attachment 15487 I may be old school but we need wingers who can cross a ball , this image is seconds before Tony Mac blasted high and wide . Men queuing up in the box keeper out of position
It's easy sitting in the stand but in the last minute of a final with time running out it's not easy. That being said if it had to be anybody in that position I would have put my money on Mac

Heaton Bantam

I`ll die before I`m 25, I lived the way I wanted
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
Another year of law on the left
Jesus Fucking wept
At least his "Ray Wilkinsesq" crab style football can only go to the right if we keep him there. Play him in the centre and it goes both way.

Heaton Bantam

C&B Member
May 19, 2013
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
I was hoping for a 4231. Two ball winners, one of whom can drop into a back three to enable the wing backs to get high up the pitch and a three playing behind Wyke, switching positions.

Doyle

Chicksen
NKP
Mr X (Looks like Greer)
McMahon

Vincelot
Reeves

Jones
McCarten
Gilliead

Wyke
I like the look of that team

May 5, 2013
Despite being hated for not happy clapping our way to the first game of the season I have news

We have booked one medical tomorrow morning. I expect it's Greer.

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
this has been done to death - Wyke wouldn't have been able to get a shot away - the defender would have been there as soon as Mac rolled it to him.
the player closest to Mcmahon (Cullen?) would also have been straight under pressure and was nearly at just as bad an angle anyway.
the ball would have been cut out had he tried to find anyone else.
He managed to get one away against Swindon

Heaton Bantam

C&B Member
May 19, 2013
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
Despite being hated for not happy clapping our way to the first game of the season I have news

We have booked one medical tomorrow morning. I expect it's Greer.
Won't he have had a medical when he came on trial ? Just saying like.