Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Starved of service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
Not sure if it was only where i was sat today but a lot of criticism seemed to be aimed at the front two. Fair enough, Claridge ran offside a good few times but when we have no pace upfront, they have to gamble early. For me the service recieved, especially to Deano since MBW has been injured, has been nothing short of shite. How anybody can expect goals in such a defensive minded team is beyond me. If muirhead or petta (emanuel) don't produce which is all too often, the forward line is too slow and immobile to make there own chances.

Never thought i'd say this but maybe in a team with such negative tactics, we should give Cadders 7 or 8 games in a central role to see if can at last live up to the potential he undoubtably has at times. At least he has a threat with pace and power and can make chances for himself. Unfortunately with the lack of creativety at the moment Deano and Claridge do not seem the answer.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
a midfield that thinks they are an attacking midfield might help, don't you think?

A manager whose first thought isn't defensive might also help, don't you think?

A different plan of action for different games might also help, don't you think?

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
defensive midfield

I have said this before CT left us light in the central midfield dept (and central defence) in his pre season recruits.

We have lacked a decent permanent play maker from midfield for a few years - MBW is the answer when fit - but where is the back up? How long is MBW likely to be out?

From today it sounded dire - why did he not replace muirhead at half time, playing Emanuel is too negative - Cadders is effective cutting in there as he showed against Millwall - if he is not going to play Morrison. It sounded too that Cooke should have been brought on earlier to replace Claridge.

Playing too strikers with no pace when trying to play counter attack seems a little stupid too.

I am prepared to be patient and live with boring performances ala Megsons WBA and hope things improve - but some of CT decisions do seem a little strange at the moment - Holloway for Edgehill how does he justify that?

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
don't queensbury, you need a drink to watch city these days, it is better it goes off in a blur, you don't want to be remember us play these days:(

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
yes your young enough. Well queensbury I am not to be trusted round young men............I might flirt with you and damage you for life:D

Status
Not open for further replies.