Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Steve Claridge Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
Deano is staying, spread in the T&A says he loves Bradford, he wants to stay, his wife wants him to stay, he wants to help take us up ,said he's seen the Prem. but loves it at Bradford, so he is staying.:)

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Stuttgart Bundesbantam said:
Or are we simply going for the oldest forward line in the history of football...?
Well wtf is going on here then...

Thats embarressing, hes being turned away from everyone this pre season... Hes 39 years old.. Maybe we are hoping Jewell will come in with a 450k offer for him...

Id rather have Cadders, Cookey and Forrest......

Maybe a few years ago... Hope he proves me wrong like but FFS...

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Why is he a joke? I think with our wingers he'll chip in with a fair few goals.

May 20, 2005
tony d said:
Well wtf is going on here then...

Thats embarressing, hes being turned away from everyone this pre season... Hes 39 years old.. Maybe we are hoping Jewell will come in with a 450k offer for him...

Id rather have Cadders, Cookey and Forrest......

Maybe a few years ago... Hope he proves me wrong like but FFS...

Let me simplify my cerebally challenged friend;

Claridge=Goals=Results=Promotion

Forrest=a lot of huffing and puffing with no end result=Fuck all

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
I've still not picked my jaw up off the work desk!!:confused:

One shin pad Stevie though could well be the tap-in king we'd require should Deano not be playing! (for whatever reason!!)

HGTEB31!!

G
I suppose he'll be alright back up and worth a run in the team eh. Think he'll have probably signed as a player/coach or something. Only worry is that he's still not a targetman however after the last few weeks we seem to have played well without one.

We have been looking for a new forward anyway so i would imagine this means Windass is still staying.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Windass tells everyone he's staying, yet everyone still questions it ... god your never happy.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Claridge what a signing, id rather have him than cooke, look at his experience, and he cant be much slower than cooke, and his finishing cant be wors!

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
ChuckleBantam said:
Let me simplify my cerebally challenged friend;

Claridge=Goals=Results=Promotion
Come on then Chuckles i will display Claridges scoring prowess on the message board for you...

Mar01-Jun03 Millwall 3 seasons 29 goals
Nov04-Dec04 Brighton 5 apps 0 goals
Dec04-Feb05 Brentford 3 apps 0 goals
Jan05-May05 Wycombe Wanderers 13 games 4 goals
Sheff Wdnesday trial ...Sent packing....
Gillingham 2 games no goals.....

He's past it.... But facts mean nothing to you Chuckles mate... You would rather back your facts with the "in his day"blah blah blah...

Your equation may have been correct 5 years ago but not now...

G
I've been reading the Gillingham rivals website and his move to us has come as a complete surprise to them. He was on some sort of pay as you play contract and he was ready to start in their game tommorow however Toddy must have offered him the one year contract and he was tempted by the longer term security.

Gillingham fans are sad to see him leave and he apparantly had a big influence in their victory over Bournemouth and still looked the buissiness.

Good signing IMO and he'll do us well for a year. He maybe so old that when god said 'let their be light' Claridge hit the switch but i bet he can still score more than Cooke :D

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
yeadon said:
Claridge what a signing, id rather have him than cooke, look at his experience, and he cant be much slower than cooke, and his finishing cant be wors!
Yeadon, does bollocks just come out when you open your mouth or do you have to make an effort.

Cooke is not a bad player, Danny Forest on the other hand....

G
Besides if Claridge finds the eye for goal the way Deano has done in league 1 we have a potentially lethal strike partnership.

axel

C&B Member
Aug 7, 2005
That's 74 years worth of striking experience your talking about there.
IMHO keep Windass and Cooke as first choice, Cadars to come on in the second half if we are struggling. Claridge if we get any injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.