Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stick your necks out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
8 Days to go before the big kick of, it is time to make your predictions on city and say why. Then may be there is a way to regenerate the thread halfway through the season and the end.Lets us see if the people who are optimistic are right or wrong. For my part i think we will be around about last years position but this depends on three key players. David Wetherall who i thought was begining to show his age at the end of last season and also this pre season if he doesn't perform or is injured we are in trouble with no experienced cover.M B W is looking very much the part, if he is injured, again i think we will struggle. Dean Windass is also ageing i and other people i know think instead of playing in the masters and the like he should have rested, to get where we were last year next year he is going to have to turn it on Again.

the summer recruiting has been a major disapointment to me i will leave howarth and stewpeas out of it because i think they are ones for the future.and we know nothing about Taylor.However Petta is and always has been a lazy so and so and leopards do not change there spots he will be out of the team by the end of october.DC is not a striker he has not played there for ages he has no goalscoring record, further more he is not tricky and spends most of the time using his pace to run into people.if he is to be in the team it should be as a replacement for Muirhead.We are weaker in the goalkeeping area as well,and of course we still have Holloway

So unless we weave some magic on the transfer front in the next two or three weeks my prediction is about twelth.Now lets have thought out predictions from you lot.

G
Without a targetman 13th. With a targetman 5th.

Im just waiting for dilusional predictions from people that we will win the league:p

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Dbantx said:
Without a targetman 13th. With a targetman 5th.
Im just waiting for dilusional predictions from people that we will win the league:p
Without a target man -----Top 6

With a fookin target man ---Top 6.

Oh and btw...

IMHO we have just as much chance of a top two finish with our squad as anyother "in with a shout club" league::

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
5th

Why? None of the other teams have particularly impressed me, none have made the sorts of signings that signal a top two finish and there is no Hull City this season. The relegated teams look mid table.

Why? Look at our team, there is a basis there to win a lot of games, GK is decent if not quite up to last season. Defence is the weak link, hoping Wethers can keep up with Bower now he's getting on a bit, Emanuel needs to get his act sorted out, if he does he's too good for this league, if not he's div2 material. Right defence we have to hope a young lad turns good real soon. Midfield is the best in the division with Brilco, TK, SS and one of Petta / Morrison / Ben. Plenty of decent cover in midfield with versatility to boot. Up front if Deano can get close to last season and Cadds can get his arse into gear then we have a fine front two with decent benchers in Cooke and Forrest. Don't think we really need a target man but he'd obviously be in to replace Forrest.

Chasser

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Brighton
TOP 5 PROVIDING; full commitment from players;
fans get behind the team at VP & win home games;
stay (serious) injury free;

top spot; Bristol city

****8 days to KICK OFF****

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
If We Play As Good As We Did Last Season Away From Home And Improve The Home Form On Last Season Like We Did Towards The End Of The Season We Will Win The League.we Need To Beat The Lower End Teams To Do The Buisness.
I Think Top Two Finish. :d

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
jimmy said:
If We Play As Good As We Did Last Season Away From Home And Improve The Home Form On Last Season Like We Did Towards The End Of The Season We Will Win The League.we Need To Beat The Lower End Teams To Do The Buisness.
I Think Top Two Finish. :d
My money is on top two!!!

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
This season

Improved home form is what I hope to pull some more fans thru the turnstiles / getting behind the club and who knows it may give us a chance in the promotion stakes.

May 21, 2005
Looks like Dbantx could be spot on, we never really did get a target man, and the one person that is closest to being a target man has just been shipped out!

G
'Without a targetman 13th. With a targetman 5th.

Im just waiting for dilusional predictions from people that we will win the league'

Well i did say so folks. I dont want to seem like i'm bragging but i was never optimistic about this season :rolleyes:

G
Dele Adebola was Citys targetman, but the board wouldnt provide adequate funding to Todd to bring him here.

I fully believe that if we had have offered Adebola a grand more a week then he would have signed a contract and we would be in the Championship right now.

Our pivotal five game winning run game was when Adebola was here, and if i'm honest Adebola could have and still could play in the Premiership. Instead of saving up money to waste on tinners like Petta we should have gave Adebola a grand more a week and we'd be the Championship right now.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
petta was quality last night and word has it hes improving!

May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
So where are Neddy and Calder Bantam now?

We're just left with some old leftovers from Bradford 2 and 3, a couple from up Clayton way and a few geezers from Norway, Switzerland, Holland and Belgium.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
DutchBantam said:
5th

Why? None of the other teams have particularly impressed me, none have made the sorts of signings that signal a top two finish and there is no Hull City this season. The relegated teams look mid table.

Why? Look at our team, there is a basis there to win a lot of games, GK is decent if not quite up to last season. Defence is the weak link, hoping Wethers can keep up with Bower now he's getting on a bit, Emanuel needs to get his act sorted out, if he does he's too good for this league, if not he's div2 material. Right defence we have to hope a young lad turns good real soon. Midfield is the best in the division with Brilco, TK, SS and one of Petta / Morrison / Ben. Plenty of decent cover in midfield with versatility to boot. Up front if Deano can get close to last season and Cadds can get his arse into gear then we have a fine front two with decent benchers in Cooke and Forrest. Don't think we really need a target man but he'd obviously be in to replace Forrest.
Dutch - for me our midfield have been poor all season and is one of the reasons we struggle. This is the key area for me where a team can domominate a game and be on top - our midfield have failed to do this. The supply to forwards has been poor and far too many times they fail to back up the strikers in the oppostions box. The goals contirbution/scored from open play from our midfield shows a poor return.

Status
Not open for further replies.