Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Strikers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
with Todd lookin for 2 more strikers, does anyone else think Symes and Forrest will be off out on loan this season? either 3 month or for the whole season.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I would agree with that, both need 1st team football but we can't afford to drop Windass after the season he has had.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Symes won't be here at Christmas, nevermind going out on loan.

Todd has destroyed this young player with the way he's blamed him for stuff and dropping him after he was the only player with the balls to take a penalty. Had he scored that penalty I don't think Dele would of been signed as Symes would of gone on to score a fair few but Colin broke the poor lad.

May 18, 2005
I agree with that Ed, Symes for me looked the part early season and was superb against the wendies and I think you will find that he will now drop down the leagues to obscurity which i for one think is a shame.

Forrest I think is being used incorrectly, he will never be a regular goal score because he is way too lightweight. I think he would make a handy winger or even central midfielder.

May 18, 2005
To be fair Ed I don't, I would be more than happy to let him go but it seems he is still quite a popular player so that’s why I suggested an alternative. I likened Danny to bother McHugh and Grant on a previous thread which I think is quite accurate but how many others down the line have scored loads for the youths/reserves but never made the step up.

Off of the top of my head I can name:-

Scott Jackson
Craig Midgley
McHugh
Grant
Ekoku
Sanansy
David Donaldson did ok.

It seems to be the way our young strikers go and they nearly always end up down in the local non-league, only time will tell if the same happens to Danny.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I liked Craig Midgley, he was never given a real run in the team which was a shame he could of done really well.

Donaldson wasn't he a nippy midfielder?

May 18, 2005
I used to know Midgley through a friend and he was salt of the earth, a really nice lad. He was banging them in with the reserves but never made the grade with us which was a shame. Do you remember his only goal against Hull a header i think, i dont think ive ever seen anybody look so suprised.

I think Donaldson played upfront too in the reserves alongside Laurence Davis

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
on reflection , none of us I Imagine are party to what goes on In training and the attitude of Individual players.
No one's perfect but I like CT's honesty and at the forum last week he was very open and on a level with the fans .
I think Forrest and Symes would benefit from a spell on loan where they can pley regularly - look at Bower - he went off to York twice and a fair few doubted he would ever break through to the 1st team here .

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Toughen 'em up for what? they are footballers not WWE wrestlers lol

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Oh, I getcha ... It's funny watching Danny run at a defender only for a 5'4 dweeb to stick a leg out and watch Danny go tumbling all around Valley Parade.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
what was also funny was watchin Muirhead speeding for a 50-50 ball, see the other player chargin for the ball was a 6'0 meaty defender and stop dead in his tracks.
thats before he began to tackle int last few games.

G
Just interseted in your news report that reckons ur after Joachim.

Ur news reporter wants to have a look at facts and figures I think.

"He spent much of last season at Walsall not pulling up trees in League One."

He came on deadline day, so played just 7 matches and he scored 6 goals in those 7 matches.

If 6 goals in 7 matches isn't pulling up trees i don't know what is. His performances were superb and to be honest, he was a level above League 1. We've got first option on him but i reckon he'll end up in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.