Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Can anybody give me a match report from yesterday. Would like it from a fan who actually saw the game.

It sounded like we struggled even though we managed a win, but I may be wrong. Did we knuckle down and grind a win out?

Aug 23, 2005
Bradford, UK
Well i'll do you a quick version

First half was crap from both sides, no passing, city tried long ball to deano and cadders over and over but nothing came over it. The occasial shot from Crooks but them under slight pressure and the odd run from Ben give there left back a hard time.

There goal was a good header, poor marking by weatherall but Haworth should have come to collect. City pulled it back in my view with a stroke of luck, i think it was a shot from crooks, the ball bounced about and landed right at deanos feet, he doesn't miss those, right place at the right time.

Second half was better from City we started to use Taylor abit more and pass the ball around with Shuey and Crooks. Stevo but loads of effort in, chasing down every ball, deano for me was off the pace :rolleyes: . A surprise cross by Petta :D on ground saw Stevo toach the ball in the roof of the net, 2-1 City.

City's 3rd came from some good play by Muirhead i think :confused: Stevo took over, skined one of there men and a perfect finish from the 39 year old. This really got the City fans going.

Swindon pulled one back with a good finsih from edge of the box from i can't remember. After all that City deserved the win from there second half performance. :)

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
thanks very much rich... be nice to play for the full 45, but hey beggers can't be choosers, a win is a win..

I don't think you get the same picture from the radio, much prefer a fans eye view from the terraces.

Aug 23, 2005
Bradford, UK
bg said:
thanks very much rich... be nice to play for the full 45, but hey beggers can't be choosers, a win is a win..

I don't think you get the same picture from the radio, much prefer a fans eye view from the terraces.
Yea cheers, i can't stand the Radio, with tim and sticks complaining at everything the ref does :mad: . A good City win :)

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Well not that this will majke one bit of difference to you but 4 of the lads got back this afternoon and said that the scoreline really flattered Swindon... Fallon was the best player on the pitch for either side though...

They also reckon Crooks played really well and he and Petta could have bagged a couple each ...Even Cadders should have defo scored...

On the downside Howarth didnt get alot of praise as he looks a mess when any type of ball is crossed in...

Overall a good win but a few areas that need addressing sooner rather than later.

Maybe this win will be the push that stops certain players lack of confidence in keeping a lead and pushing on....

But hey they are my mates so obviously know nowt either...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.