Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Take off the rose tinted spectacles...we were poor most of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Just got back and i have to say...

Take of the rose tinted spectacles...we were poor.

Todd didnt have them up for the game, up until we scored we couldnt penetrate their defense, then there was a good atmosphere and everyone got behind the lads and all of a sudden we had them under the cosh for the last ten minutes of the second half.

The second half was dire...yes we had plenty of attacking movements but count how many shots we had in the entire second half.....one shot and one header. The more the game wore on the more it just became hoof hoof hoof...then to insult our intelligence Todd makes two ridiculous substitions...your hoofing the ball up field and for that you need someone to win headers...Cooke wins headers...so what do you do? Bring on a short fat arse overated striker who cant head to save his life. Still not done making crap substitutions? Why not take off a left winger and replace him with a left back when were 2-1 down.

I dont deny we made some good attacking play now and again but for the love of god...i asked around my mates how many shots we had in the second half and we could only think of two...when Claridge put it wide and when Wetherall headed wide.

A decent turnout from our fans today...2,878 Huddersfield fans and approx 9,407 City fans. Good atmosphere so Todd cant blame the fans.

Bottom line today i thought was that we lacked ideas.....once we couldnt cut through them we hoofed it up field time after time after time.

I'm not saying sack the manager.....i'm just saying for the love of God Todd lets stop passing sideways and then back the other way and lets move forward and attack teams for once.

I cant wait until Marc Bridge Wilkinson and Donovan Ricketts are back.

G
Damn poor substitutions.
Senile wuz knackered but Cooke can run all day so what does Todd do?

Ben Muirhead(less chicken) was crap but when he went off Todd should have brought Sanasty on...he would have shaken the game up.

'Petta is betta'

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
Groovin with Mr Bloe said:
Damn poor substitutions.
Senile wuz knackered but Cooke can run all day so what does Todd do?

Ben Muirhead(less chicken) was crap but when he went off Todd should have brought Sanasty on...he would have shaken the game up.

'Petta is betta'
Hav to say Blow !! im with u on that one !!

G
Have to hand it to Todd for his post match impressions though, just heard from someone that Todd admitted Huddersfield deserved to win, played with more determination in the second half and deservedly took the points.

At least he's an honest man and has made no excuses.

Anybody else think the first goal was Howarths fault because of poor positioning....we seem to be wide open and exposed to free kicks constantly with Howarth in goals.

G
Dbantx said:
Have to hand it to Todd for his post match impressions though, just heard from someone that Todd admitted Huddersfield deserved to win, played with more determination in the second half and deservedly took the points.

At least he's an honest man and has made no excuses.

Anybody else think the first goal was Howarths fault because of poor positioning....we seem to be wide open and exposed to free kicks constantly with Howarth in goals.
I had my glims on howarth at the free kick and said to my buddy that he was not in position if the Hudson guy went for goal....and what happened!!

Got to get the bro back in goal.

'Saw it coming'

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
i was sat behind the goal and turned to parrot and said 1-0 its going in.the rest is history.Wanka

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
The only positives I can real give after tonights game is that when we go to the Galpham with Deano, Bridge-Wilkinson and Ricketts back in the side we will be bringing the 3 points back with up.

We weren't at the races in midfield but Hudders weren't much better than us overall. One of the better games I have seen at Valley Parade this season though.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
We were poor, the subs were shite and we never looked like scorin tonight..

you just knew they were gonna score that free kick didnt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.