Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Don could start against Huddersfield!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Good news at last, according to latest article on the official website Ricketts is in with a chance of been back in contention for Monday nights game.

Can only be a good thing as we are bound to concede at the very least 1 with Howarth in goal...Ricketts is not perfect but he can command his defense well at least.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Thought he'd just come back training int last couple of days..

Great if he were to come back in for Monday, defence looks more solid with him between the sticks.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
if he's back then it'd be great because howarth is woefull, we may be 6 unbeaten but how many of those have been cleen sheets?

May 21, 2005
He hasn't done a good job Tony, a large large majority of keepers playing lower down the leagues are just as good as him, he's a good shot stopper...thats it, he certainly can't command his area...or communicate with his defenders. Of course if you'd been watching him you'd know that...:D

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
I'm not really a big fan of either but i would prefer to have ricketts in goals as howarth has been awful so far. He's only quite young so he may well improve but he has a long way to go before he can be considered a true 'first choice' keeper. I was hoping Todd might sign a new keeper on loan but maybe the finances aren't there or maybe he prefers to wait and use the budget on an outfield player. Either way, im not sure either keeper is good enough to help us get promoted, they both make too many mistakes and aren't good enough to help us win the really tight games as Hendo did last year. (remember port vale away?).

G
Ive said it before about howarth and ill say it again:
Point blank saves - amazing
controlling area and coming off line - awful
overall keeping - average at best :O

Status
Not open for further replies.