Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The next six league games

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Oh sh/t this looks bad i cannot envisage one victory in these up and coming games.
26 dec Oldham Away.Fast improving team add to that R.Moore hates us.Lose.
28 dec Walsall home.Another improving team and we are at home.Lose.
31 dec Scunny Away.Beagrie takes old club apart.Lose.
2 Jan Brentford home.4-0 to the Bs.lose.
7 jan Chesterfield away.A team who fight to the bitter end.lose.
14 jan Swansea Home.We are at home against one of the better teams.lose.
I could go on looking at the fixtures,but im getting worried.If we go down JR will walk away.

G
Jimmy your strange predictions rarely bare any resemblence to reality.

For the record i didnt rate Todd last season and i have been wanting rid for weeks. But we will not lose the next 6 games. Its up and down with Todd, we win a couple of away games and lose a couple of home ones, its always worked like that, i see no reason for it to change.

Ive never wanted the team to lose before, but Colin Todd is taking us down the sh*tpan and at the end of the season when half of our players are out of contract he will be able to build a squad of his own making...its a terrifying thought.

For what its worth i hope your right, i hope we lose the next 6 games, get rid of Todd and bring in a new gaffer. People get these ideas that we can't hope for a loss no matter what happens, but looking at the bigger picture i'd sooner take the risk of falling into a relegation battle now and getting rid of Todd sooner rather than later, because if he gets chance to build an entirely new squad in the summer we WILL be relegated next year.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Dbantx emmmmm did i not say come Christmas we would be falling towards the bottom of the league.Eveyone else realises i was right.Last six games muppet won 1 drawn 1 lost 4.So that throws youre win two away loose two at home theory out of the window doesnt it.So if we do the same in the next six games thats 8 points from 30,relegation form fullstop.

G
Oh stop over reacting Jimmy, it wasnt a personal attack on you. You act like your the only one that has been anti-Todd for ages...about half a dozen people have been but havent spouted off about it for yonks and then wanted everyone to worship them when they were proved right :rolleyes:

We won't get relegated with Todd but we wont finish in the top half of the table IMO.....and you have to admit it is always up and down with him, looks like were on the up then were doing crap again. Im calling for his head anyway god dammit lol

You havent been drinking again have you? I can just imagine you been one of these bitter drunks who swears at people and then throws his empty beer cans at them and kicks the t.v through when theres nothing on :D :D

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
jimmy said:
Dbantx emmmmm did i not say come Christmas we would be falling towards the bottom of the league.Eveyone else realises i was right.Last six games muppet won 1 drawn 1 lost 4.So that throws youre win two away loose two at home theory out of the window doesnt it.So if we do the same in the next six games thats 8 points from 30,relegation form fullstop.
Jimmy jimmy jimmy...How you like to turn things into a fantasy story to fit your never gonna hapen doom and gloom...

You have forever predicted a slip into oblivion but its still nowhere in sight..

Just for the record though in FOOTBALL LEAGUE ONE GAMES (you know the ones that count at the end of the season) the last 6 games have seen us beaten only twice three draws and a win...

The previous six had us three wins two draws and one loss..

The six before that two wins two draws and two losses...

So in 18 games we are 6 wins 7 draws and only 5 losses... Hardly fookin relegation form ...

Over the remainder of the games that would equate to something like

16 wins 17 draws and 13 losses... 65 pointsish give or take 3 points.... Forgive me if im wrong but thats about 8th to 11th place....

Now Jimbo.... Pray tell how these real facts and figures fit into your "THE END IS NIGH" scenario...

To me the tide has to turn at some point to a nice little run, if that were to happen who knows what the final tally could be...

You stick with the boo hoo posts and i will sleep happy knowing that even though things are not all rosey that if the perfomances get just a touch better than the points will equal = play off totals...

if they stay the same we will happily be strong mid table in this League...

Sleep well oh voice of doom.. Hope this helps your misguided notions...

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Misguided notions Tony,lets see who is right over the next six games then.I predict 4 points from a possible 18 add to that the exit from the LDV Trophey.
Thats if Todd is still in charge.
Dbantx i can swear like a trooper,but dont throw beer cans and kick the TV.Im passionate and back yonder the only two who voiced their concerns over Todd openly and were shouted down were BeerBantam and myself.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
Misguided notions Tony,lets see who is right over the next six games then.I predict 4 points from a possible 18 add to that the exit from the LDV Trophey.Thats if Todd is still in charge.
I see four points from last three games giving eight points this month one a head of the required rate.

Next month a LDV vans semi final spot....

Plus six points at least... Maybe a stronger month if the bigger games go our way...

Se Jimmy the odds are in my favour as we have had five points for the lowest monthly total so far..

If they get that throughout the rest of the season we wil still amass 25 points minimum including last games of this month.. Thats a more than staying up 54 points...

Thats worst case Jimbo....

I reckon we will get at least 63 to 68 points at least...:D

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Don't want to pull 'watching games' over on you TD, but you have to have seen them recently to work out what our current form looks like. We look like and play like relegation fodder, you can look at the table and the points and think 'oh we are ok, and on paper average, not pulling up any tree's but we are doing alright'

The last time we played well at home was Mk Dons and Chesterfield; now you have to win a good percentage of your home games to stay up, and draw a good percentage of away games. Our away from has been better, but we have also had some luck on the road.

Our home form has been dreadful for a couple of seasons. At some point JR has to look at the overall well being of the club, if you cannot produce good home form, then people will stop coming and that has been happening over the last few months. Not only that it discourages fans who might go away from forking out even more money to watch another possible loss.

This season I have only attended one away fixture and that was the opening game at Hartlepool. My normal modus operandi is to go to away fixtures that are within reasonable distance. I haven't been, for the simple reason it is bad enough watching them lose at home, I do not have the confidence that we will win away from home. The way we are playing is dire, home or away. I have no plans to go to Oldham, another tradition in our house, going to the Boxing Day Fixture.

I have been supporting City for many a long year, so I am no fine weather fan, but this season has been as bad as I can remember. Week after week, you keep thinking we will get better, we then turn up to be served up the same and if anything it is getting worse.

We have a manager who appears to have no idea, and will not take responsibility for the mess we are in, and looks to blame anybody and everybody for his failings. We have a chairman, who is struggling to keep this club afloat, and no doubt worrying about the form of the team. He has to hesitate, because he knows funds are tight, and like everybody else doesn't want to make the wrong decision. Put those two ingredients together and we have disaster written all over it.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Tony so you are saying six points from the next six games and a semi final.
Well you are certainly going on the low side matey,is that to cover yourself?
Because the way you have been going on you should have gone for 7/9 points.Me thinks your'e not so sure and are thinking if i go for what a couple above jimmys i wont look so bad if we get 3/6 points.The odds that way are now in you're favour,thats because youve bottled it.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Thing is BG, although i havent been as everyone knows this season, i have read week in week out that we are dogshit and dire booooooo boooooo etc yet the points on the boards and the results are there for all to see...

The ever growing doom and gloomers cannot take away the fact that we are scoring ponts at a decent rate just off play off ratio for this League..That is a fact and not going doesnt change that whatsoever.

I understand the way people expect better style of football, more passion, hearts on sleeves and all that but if we finish where i expect us to just better than last term then i will be hapy and then a new man could be brought in i suppose.

I just do not and wil not buy into the its all Todds fault, the teams shite, booooo booo threads that go around...

I also remember Leeds having a mare at home one season winning i think only one or two games yet having the second best away record... It happens...

We have suffered at home for a long time under many managers.. Why that is who knows... But i cannot see all of em doing everything wrong..

I also can reember most of our managers including the great one (Jaggers) being attrocious in the Subbing department... Once again im sure it seems the right thing to do for them.. They are after all the experts we the amateurs who think we know best..

This team is good enough to do well and still reach the play offs... I reckon Todd picks the right team, tactics etc pre match but once the whitewash is crossed despairs as we do when things go tits..

Souness the other week even said that when things get going tactis go out of the window and what the manager says during tha match isnt registered till half time.. Then the same happens second half..

The players need to start standing up and been counted instead of lke other clubs just going through the motions...We have one of the better keepers..A cracking defence.. An above average midfield and on paper a top strike force.. Now maybe the new year kicking in and the new contracts to be played for will spur these players on who knows..

Todd will defo be here though for a long time yet unless Jimmy wins the rollover new year lotto..:D :D

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
Tony so you are saying six points from the next six games and a semi final.
Well you are certainly going on the low side matey,is that to cover yourself?
Because the way you have been going on you should have gone for 7/9 points.Me thinks your'e not so sure and are thinking if i go for what a couple above jimmys i wont look so bad if we get 3/6 points.The odds that way are now in you're favour,thats because youve bottled it.
Jimmy 4 points from the next three = 8 for the month as i have already said.

The next month i see a possible 6 points or even more as i said..

Alot of bigger teams there for us to play and claiming we will win them all would be as barking as saying we will be relegated..:eek:

8 games and a tally of around 10 points minimum i have us for isnt low is it..

Very poor effort there Jimmy .. 7 points a month i have been saying all along..

So 4 more =8 for this one and 6 for next... Averaged out that = yes you guessed it 7

You sniffing something tonight fella or what?????

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
I asked for youre predictions for the next six games coming up.You said "six points from a possible 18". I thought you would have gone for 7/9 points.As you say average 7 points per month,so why not predict 7 points for the next 6 games?

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
I asked for youre predictions for the next six games coming up.You said "six points from a possible 18". I thought you would have gone for 7/9 points.As you say average 7 points per month,so why not predict 7 points for the next 6 games?
Because we still have three games this month to play... Hence the four points there.. The first two from next month for your benefit i reckon we will take 4 points from 3 at worst...

So there is your 7 points in 6 games... Happy now Jimbo...

For the record though i said 10 points from 8 games..... :D Its not even that hard to prove mate..:p

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Tony i understand you're average 7 points per month theory,but when you look at the last 2 months form you will see in November we picked up 1 point and so far in december 4 points.So out of a possible 21 points,we have got 4 points.This now looks like the average per month is falling badly.If this form continues over the next six games,we will be looking at 8/9 points out of a possible 39 now thats relegation form.Im not talking about the season overall im talking about the last month and this month,it doesnt look good now does it.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Yes happy now plain English at last.lol. I hope to fook you are not right,i wont live it down from you will i? lol.

Can't we get Carol Vorderman to sort this out?

6 points here, fooking 7 points there! pmsl

Who cares, were playing shite footy & the majority of the VP crowd have finally lost patience with CT!

Mark my words, CTs days are numbered here!:D

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
Tony i understand you're average 7 points per month theory,but when you look at the last 2 months form you will see in November we picked up 1 point and so far in december 4 points.So out of a possible 21 points,we have got 4 points.This now looks like the average per month is falling badly.If this form continues over the next six games,we will be looking at 8/9 points out of a possible 39 now thats relegation form.Im not talking about the season overall im talking about the last month and this month,it doesnt look good now does it.

6 points from 6 games isnt it Jimbo?????

24 games left a point a game = 29 + 24 =53 which still += saftey.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.