Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Owners

Aug 25, 2013
Does anyone know how Rupp actually owns the club?

Someone said something the other day that peaked my interest. A quick scan of companies house both on the various Bradford City entries and Stefan Rupp and there is no mention of Stefan.
No malicious intent, I’m simply interested.

Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey

Someone said something the other day that peaked my interest. A quick scan of companies house both on the various Bradford City entries and Stefan Rupp and there is no mention of Stefan.
I believe the split of ownership is Stefan 78% and Edin 22%.

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
Too many bitter bastards with axes to grind around the owners.

they are trying to turn our previous "seat of the pants" operation into a professional business. best we all just let them get on with it.
People don't seem to be able to get their heads round the fact they're trying to change stuff off the field as well as on it.. There is more to being ready for championship football than just having some players..

Feb 16, 2015
Leeds

The Bradford City holding company (which itself owns all of the shares in Bradford City, the company and the club) is owned by a company registered in Germany. That German company (ER SportsGroup GmBh) holds all of the shares in City's holding company. In turn, the shareholders (owners) of the German company are Messrs Rupp and Rahic. The two of them own Bradford City indirectly via their German company. It's very difficult to get hold of specific shareholding in the German company, not for any nefarious reasons but because of its size and where it is registered. But it's something of the order of 80:20 in favour of Rupp.

The reason why you can't find Rupp's name on the UK's companies register is that currently, he isn't formally a director of either of the two principal Bradford City companies. On the other hand, Rahic is a director of both.

Clear as mud?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2010
The Bradford City holding company (which itself owns all of the shares in Bradford City, the company and the club) is owned by a company registered in Germany. That German company (ER SportsGroup GmBh) holds all of the shares in City's holding company. In turn, the shareholders (owners) of the German company are Messrs Rupp and Rahic. It's very difficult to get hold of specific shareholding in the German company, not for any nefarious reasons but because of its size and where it is registered. But it's something of the order of 80:20 in favour of Rupp.

The reason why you can't find Rupp's name on the UK's companies register is that currently, he isn't formally a director of either of the two principal Bradford City companies. On the other hand, Rahic is a director of both.

Clear as mud?
I gave you a winner just for your use of "nefarious"

Top work.

May 19, 2013
Oakes, Huddersfield
A weeks a long time in football it seems. A long stream of posters falling over themselves to come on and pay warm tributes to the owners this morning....who'd thought it. Not sure we're anywhere near the stage where we confidently declare that 'lessons have been learnt'. Yes they've had a hard time and yes some of it went OTT but if they have shown poor judgement and in many respects they have brought the difficulties on themselves. For that reason you'll have to forgive me if I don't join in with the praise and admiration fest.

What "poor judgment"?

Unless you think that sacking a manager that loses 8 out of 9 league matches and gets replaced by a the most successful L1 manager, that's available (and currently active) qualifies for this

Perhaps the signings? Well I'll bet you anything that Wyke, McCartan and Reeves get sold for more than we paid for them - when eventually they do move on (assuming they do move of course)

January window? It would be harsh to be overtly critical when a last minute deal is withdrawn another club couldn't be bothered to reply and another player gets seduced by a club from a higher division

Put, please expand - what is this happy clapper not getting :rolleyes:

May 19, 2013
Oakes, Huddersfield
Well like everyone else just hope they recognise what has gone wrong and their part in all of this. How to manage change might be at the top of their list for a training course. When you are in the midst of change you need to have an open manner as well as resilience. Standing there and saying I want it done my way will only get things done in a fashion if you want to take ppl with you it will require good man management skills, being able to accept you alone don’t have all the answers, and being able recognise that other people have skills you don’t possess. Yes you can just sack people who disagree with you, but a really good manager will take them with you.
In my experience nobody likes change, least of all staff. I have the same at my organisation. Our new board (2015) have taken money off us Senior Managers and redistributed to all staff, in a way never done before and still some moan

Even worse are staff, who were used to a laid back team - often lacking professionalism (i.e. Reading tickets, Jackson 'sacking' etc)

Hence, those at the top are then always blamed for been too aggressive with their changes, when in the truth it can be a lack of respect from the current staff in resisting the change

Of course, we don't know the details - but it's interesting that Grayson said he was very impressed with Rahic. I don't agree with those who'd say he had to say that, even if he wasn't.

The problem is that we've been run in such a lower league manner for so long, some staff wouldn't know what was good management if they went on a course

Oct 12, 2008
What "poor judgment"?

Unless you think that sacking a manager that loses 8 out of 9 league matches and gets replaced by a the most successful L1 manager, that's available (and currently active) qualifies for this

Perhaps the signings? Well I'll bet you anything that Wyke, McCartan and Reeves get sold for more than we paid for them - when eventually they do move on (assuming they do move of course)

January window? It would be harsh to be overtly critical when a last minute deal is withdrawn another club couldn't be bothered to reply and another player gets seduced by a club from a higher division

Put, please expand - what is this happy clapper not getting :rolleyes:
If you're calling me a 'happy clapper' you need to re-read your post.

jpaul81

Flexi-card plastic
C&B Member
Dec 1, 2012
Wakefield
www.jeanpaulportas.com
In my experience nobody likes change, least of all staff. I have the same at my organisation. Our new board (2015) have taken money off us Senior Managers and redistributed to all staff, in a way never done before and still some moan

Even worse are staff, who were used to a laid back team - often lacking professionalism (i.e. Reading tickets, Jackson 'sacking' etc)

Hence, those at the top are then always blamed for been too aggressive with their changes, when in the truth it can be a lack of respect from the current staff in resisting the change

Of course, we don't know the details - but it's interesting that Grayson said he was very impressed with Rahic. I don't agree with those who'd say he had to say that, even if he wasn't.

The problem is that we've been run in such a lower league manner for so long, some staff wouldn't know what was good management if they went on a course
In these situations, it's usually the employees who fear being 'found out' who make the most noise. Like in any workplace, when cliques form certain characters engineer themselves cushy numbers/ influence and surround themselves with happy clapping thick f*cks.

Even back in the 90s the club seemed to have more professional air about it. I don't think they would have permitted a pair of attention seeking self publicising 'bloggers' fronting a monthly BBC radio special, for instance.

Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
In these situations, it's usually the employees who fear being 'found out' who make the most noise. Like in any workplace, when cliques form certain characters engineer themselves cushy numbers/ influence and surround themselves with happy clapping thick f*cks.

Even back in the 90s the club seemed to have more professional air about it. I don't think they would have permitted a pair of attention seeking self publicising 'bloggers' fronting a monthly BBC radio special, for instance.
I wonder who those two could be ;).

Feb 14, 2013

Of course there are always those that will not change no matter what. Where I would disagree with you, is that some ppl do embrace change, I loved it. Still we would need to know the full details to know what has fully gone on.

Aug 25, 2013
The Bradford City holding company (which itself owns all of the shares in Bradford City, the company and the club) is owned by a company registered in Germany. That German company (ER SportsGroup GmBh) holds all of the shares in City's holding company. In turn, the shareholders (owners) of the German company are Messrs Rupp and Rahic. The two of them own Bradford City indirectly via their German company. It's very difficult to get hold of specific shareholding in the German company, not for any nefarious reasons but because of its size and where it is registered. But it's something of the order of 80:20 in favour of Rupp.

Clear as mud?
Thank you that is really insightful. I’m not worried about this structure, the German model for business is as complex and subject to as much, if not more, governance than the UK.
The other factor in Germany is that personal information is much better protected than in the UK. In particular they class Directors details as personal information so will be much harder to unearth information.

Jul 7, 2017
Bradford
as much as they deserve the shit when it goes wrong, they deserve equal credit when they get it right. Swiftly appointing our #1 target in less than a week with minimal fuss gives me hope the owners have taken on board some lessons from January + their time in charge so far. Great appointment, I almost dare to feel optimistic again but as its city ill leave it a week or two et.