Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_i_N

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Oslo
We have a CEO who is in denial and in a situation where he stands to lose the family a lot of money if Bradford go under. He doesn't seem to have a plan B.

Nobody wants to buy Bradford City, though there are a few shady vultures pecking at the carcass. I wish they'd eat Windass.

We have a manager who's tactics and motivation have fallen flat and who has now alienated many of the fans.

We have an ever decreasing fan base due to a lot of lack lustre football played at VP, and by some players who seem to be only there for the money.

There is a lack of discipline in the sqaud from the manager down.

On the positive side, we are not bottom of the league drifting into obscurity, not yet anyway.

There is still a chance of making the playoffs

We do have some very experienced players and some very loyal fans.

I am afraid that I must finally admit that we are going nowhere with the present leadership, what's more worrying is I can't see any alternative, since nobody wants to come in and take over our club and inject some serious cash and leadership into it.

God I'm depressed.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
B_i_N said:
We have a CEO who is in denial and in a situation where he stands to lose the family a lot of money if Bradford go under. He doesn't seem to have a plan B.

Nobody wants to buy Bradford City, though there are a few shady vultures pecking at the carcass. I wish they'd eat Windass.

We have a manager who's tactics and motivation have fallen flat and who has now alienated many of the fans.

We have an ever decreasing fan base due to a lot of lack lustre football played at VP, and by some players who seem to be only there for the money.

There is a lack of discipline in the sqaud from the manager down.

On the positive side, we are not bottom of the league drifting into obscurity, not yet anyway.

There is still a chance of making the playoffs

We do have some very experienced players and some very loyal fans.

I am afraid that I must finally admit that we are going nowhere with the present leadership, what's more worrying is I can't see any alternative, since nobody wants to come in and take over our club and inject some serious cash and leadership into it.

God I'm depressed.
Add me to that - it is depressing on the field.

Poor performances by players especially from this seasons signings
negative approach
swopping and changing - some players -but not others when performing poorly
indicipline
games lost - revenue from cups lost - which may have meant better players coming in
dwindling crowds - less income

As you say we need leadership.

Get It right on the Pitch & the rest falls into place.....simple;)
Well not really but you get my drift, for us as a club to progress of the pitch you first need a winning team, (especially at VP) this in return bring fans back, create more revenue then that will make us more attractive to possible sponsors & investers!
I know its a vicious circle but with hard work & the right man at the club we could be back in the Prem in 4 years:eek: (Re. Geoffrey Richmond?)
Were currently in a worse position now than we were when GR took over, bigger crowds, better stadium & facilities ect... so all is not doom & gloom BIN!
We need JR to grow some balls & axe CT & get a manager in who as the desire to put things right, not blame everyone/thing else for his own shortcummings!
Unfortunately I dont think JR will sack CT therefore this club wont progress under his Chairmanship, but without his money I know there wouldn't be a BCFC:(
So at the moment were caught between the devil & the deep blue sea, but things CAN change quickly in football, like I said get it right on the pitch & everything else falls into place, so cheer up mate!;)

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
Maybe JR does need to grow and become stronger -- but what about the club saviours (jimmy and Bobby etc.)that are leaning over his shoulder -- are they saying nowt -- or is it -- watch this space?

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
very scary panth. Hopefully we will hear some cheery news this week. Otherwise, we can look forward to yet another appetising show at VP next week:(

G

Hold firm guys, the dark times will be over soon and i foresee light at the end of the tunnel. Happenings off of the pitch have mostly been positive, we are making lots of money from the renting of the clubs offices and planning on building a youth academy.

Julian has firmly supported Todd but there are hints in his programme notes that his support is wavering, he is becoming increasingly negative on his outlook of the season and has repeatedly said that we should be in the playoffs if not challenging for a top 2 spot. Whenever Todd is confronted by this issue he says 'well me and the chairman are two different people'. A difference of opinion between the two? It was only in the other weeks programme notes that Julian said the next few games will be an important sign of how far we can progress this season and said that he was hoping we would win all three.

One things for sure Julians expectations and hopes are far bigger than Todds, remember Rhodes still vowes that he will make us one of the top 10 teams in the country. Off the pitch we are rising but on the pitch we are still falling. Rhodes seemingly not allowing Todd to spend anymore money is perhaps a sign of his discontent. I envision that Swansea will rip us apart, with a number of teams below us having two games in hand over us, some of which will be played before the Swansea game will mean that we could fall as low as 20th next week. I dont think Rhodes will tolerate this inconsistency much longer.

There is hope, I think the return of the king is nigh (no not Elvis or Aragorn, the other king-the one thats actually related to the subject):rolleyes:

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
Stu ? , no chance with the Blades doing so well in the League , or do you mean Beags ? or the fat controller ?:)

G
'Stu ? , no chance with the Blades doing so well in the League , or do you mean Beags ? or the fat controller ?:)'

He'd never get the United job in a million years, as i say he has said in the press that he is very eager to get into management as soon as possible. He cleary thinks that he has learned enough from Neil Warnock to progress into a managerial role.

You can bet anything that the first person Rhodes will call if Todd is sacked is McCall.....and IMO he will take the job this time around. Just you wait and see :D

May 20, 2005
Stuart McCall will never manage this football club. Take it on Board, let it sink in and live with it.

The only chance was after Law went and Junior and Gibb fucked it.

G
We'll see Chuckle mate.....but i'd say its just as likely that Stuart will be managing us next season as Todd will be because quite simply i think if Todd is sacked then that is who will take over.

Remember, you heard it here first, the king will return

baldbantam

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Perhaps, if the Sheffield job doesn't look likely.

However, I've said it before and I'll doubtless say it again. The skill set for managers is entirely different to the skill set for footballers. Just because he is a City legend as a player doesn't mean he will necessarily be the answer to our prayers as a manager.

'He's not the Messiah, he's an unproven, untested, unknown quantity as a manager'

to slightly paraphrase Monty Python.

G
Ive said it before and ill say it again, McCall would be hard pressed to make us any worse than we are now. At worst we'll be lower mid table like we are going to be under Todd and at best his inspiration and motivational skills will transfer to the players and we'll make a playoff push. We or McGod have nothing to lose. We cant get any worse and he cant lose his status and reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.