Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The way Todd is talking about todays game a lot is hinging on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
The way Todd is talking about todays game a lot is hinging on it. He is calling it the most important game of the season as we aim to bounce back.

For what its worth i think he is right......this could be the turning point of the season, if we win we might move up a couple of places and start a new drawing/ocassionally winning run spurring on the players confidence....if we lose we will probably be around about 15th.

After a 7 game unbeaten run what a kick in the teeth it would be for the players and Todd to end the day 15th. We then have a home game against Gillingham coming up, they are in the bottom four so that seems to tell us we would get 0 points from that anyway. Then a tough encounter at Notts Forest away, tough game against Barnsley at home, then the Puppies away....oh dear.

We have been mostly playing all the poor teams up to this point, now we are playing the promotion hopefulls and IMO depending on the result of todays game it will either give the players the confidence to go on another unbeaten run or it will crush their confidence and we will go on a losing run.

Out of curiousity what would the Todd bashers prefer.......us to go on a losing run in hope of getting rid of Todd or us to go on another unbeaten run flitting in and out of the playoff places?

Personally i'm apathetic in my outlook on Todd, i dont think he's a particularly good manager or a particularly bad one, just average and i dont think he will take us anywhere.

#KK

Living in the past
C&B Member
Sep 5, 2006
Clayton.
The way Todd is talking about todays game a lot is hinging on it. He is calling it the most important game of the season as we aim to bounce back.

For what its worth i think he is right......this could be the turning point of the season, if we win we might move up a couple of places and start a new drawing/ocassionally winning run spurring on the players confidence....if we lose we will probably be around about 15th.

After a 7 game unbeaten run what a kick in the teeth it would be for the players and Todd to end the day 15th. We then have a home game against Gillingham coming up, they are in the bottom four so that seems to tell us we would get 0 points from that anyway. Then a tough encounter at Notts Forest away, tough game against Barnsley at home, then the Puppies away....oh dear.

We have been mostly playing all the poor teams up to this point, now we are playing the promotion hopefulls and IMO depending on the result of todays game it will either give the players the confidence to go on another unbeaten run or it will crush their confidence and we will go on a losing run.

Out of curiousity what would the Todd bashers prefer.......us to go on a losing run in hope of getting rid of Todd or us to go on another unbeaten run flitting in and out of the playoff places?

Personally i'm apathetic in my outlook on Todd, i dont think he's a particularly good manager or a particularly bad one, just average and i dont think he will take us anywhere.
And to think this was two years ago!!jawdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.