Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

This seasons Expectations?

Where do you expect City to finish this season?

• In Play-off position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid-Table

• Avoid Relegation

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year again when everyone (Me Included) gets silly about their clubs chances for the new season.

Looking at some of the posts lately you'd think we've already got one foot in the Championship!
Even the Bookies fancy us to finish top six or higher going by some of their prices.

What should we realistickly expect from our heroes this season?

I think we should be at least top six & judging by some of the comments that have come out of VP lately, so do the players & management.

Last season's rise to 2nd in the division raised everyones expectations & if our home form was average, we'd have reached the play-offs easily!

This season League One doesn't look as strong, I see it been wide open so any team that plays consistently well, should be up with a big chance.
On paper we have one of the top teams in the division, it's now down to the players to prove it!!!

G
IMO This season league 1 is more wide open than last.

Any of about 15 teams could end up in the top 6 so yep consistency will be very handy this season and will probably be the decisive factor on who makes the top two. I have the feeling the promotion places will be more open than ever and i dont think anything in the top 10 will be decided until the last day of the season (including the league title and second automatic promotion place).

IMO This year the sh.ite teams look crapper than ever and the good teams look better than ever so i think we may well see the league split in half in terms of the gap in quality.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Not that I would pick it but to make the poll fair shouldn't you include the relegation places for those super negative people?

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
For the record I expect us to finish mid table like last year but hope we can at least make the play-offs.

Thorney said:
Not that I would pick it but to make the poll fair shouldn't you include the relegation places for those super negative people?
Thats why I included the "Avoid relegation" choice!

Anyone who thinks lower than that should ring the Samaritans on 01274 547896! :D

May 20, 2005
Top 6 should be acheivable......would be great to get off to a flyer and get the fans flocking back to VP......even better if the TB's have a shocking start flirting in the bottom 3.....even betterer if we beat the TB's in front of 20,000,irrespective of SKY.....even bettererer if we complete the double at the Gayfarm leaving the TB's firmly entrenched at t'bottom of league.....even betterererer having already secured the title we celebrate in style in our final match against Forest in front of 25,000 fans.....even bettererererer if we make a collosal profit on the season enabling us to buy our ground outright.

[Norman!! Norman!!..wake up it's time for work...have you been having a wet dream?]

G
We need to aim for the top, in these low leagues its all abaout consistency, we need to string together lots of good reults and improve ourselves at home (something i feel the fans are partly responsible for anyway).

On paper we have the team, but dont expect 28 goals form windass again i expect 15-20 MAX. (Which in itself will be a great return) We need to score more and get some full backs! If we can do that we are strong enough in midfield to create and chip in with plenty too (BMW will net at least 10).

I believe we have an opportuinty to get out this year and automatically, just need sort out the home form & fbs and w'ere there!

G
I think in League 1 this coming season anybody will be able to beat anybody on there day, it's that wide open.

But if we can get a good start and have a couple of months like we had September '04 then the sky's the limit.

Here's to a top 6 finish for me

G
I'm also going for play offs, but if we don't sort the home form out we could struggle again. Tbh its not just the team that needs to sort it out, but we need to get a hell of a lot more vocal.

I got taken to a QPR match one time two seasons ago at Wigan (with a friend of mine, as it was a game near us and shes a huge Hoops fan). The QPR fans did not stop singing, and I mean did not stop, for nigh on 40 mins in both halves and that was away, god knows what they are like at home. The QPR players never stopped once, and even though it ended 1-1 the crowd roared them on and gave them a standing ovation at the end. Point is, if we even gave half that it would boost those players (Cadders, hopefully Petta) who need an arm round em to perform well and get the rest of the team going as well.

Granted I probably don't go half as much as most on these board but every time I go I come away with the feeling we're just not loud enough. In other words, both us and the team have to boost each other next season and if we can, then play-offs if not promotion are ours.

May 20, 2005
Windass Won't score 28 Goals again. Cadders and Cooke, whilst good players aren't gonna get into double figures.Forrest isn't good enough at this level. Wetherall by law of averages is due a long lay off. Bower may well suffer a long term injury too. We don't have a decent full back. The signing of the Jamaican Lad don't inspire me with much confidence. Hope I'm wrong, but where has he played at a decent level before?? Petta will either be good or shite...so excpect the latter and hope for the former.

If we finish top 10. I'll be happy Top Six I'll be exstatic. But I won't be rushing to the bookies to back us for promotion...soz! If we sign a proven and capable striker, and at least three decent defenders and another keeper to cover the main two we might have a chance. But I don't think that's gonna happen now.

Lets be realistic eh??

G
ChuckleBantam said:
Windass Won't score 28 Goals again. Cadders and Cooke, whilst good players aren't gonna get into double figures.Forrest isn't good enough at this level. Wetherall by law of averages is due a long lay off. Bower may well suffer a long term injury too. We don't have a decent full back. The signing of the Jamaican Lad don't inspire me with much confidence. Hope I'm wrong, but where has he played at a decent level before?? Petta will either be good or shite...so excpect the latter and hope for the former.

If we finish top 10. I'll be happy Top Six I'll be exstatic. But I won't be rushing to the bookies to back us for promotion...soz! If we sign a proven and capable striker, and at least three decent defenders and another keeper to cover the main two we might have a chance. But I don't think that's gonna happen now.

Lets be realistic eh??

We're all doomed!!

I think you need some happy pills Chuckle

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
Six teams who will finish higher than City.
Bristol city
Nottingham forest
Tranmere
Huddersfield
Barnsley
Oldham.
We have no cover in defence and the wrong players up front.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Neddy said:
Six teams who will finish higher than City.
Bristol city
Nottingham forest
Tranmere
Huddersfield
Barnsley
Oldham.
We have no cover in defence and the wrong players up front.
Can see half of them teams not finishing above us. Wrong players upfront?

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
In my opinion we needed a good targetman this summer.The league we play in is very physical and this type of player converts draws to wins at home against packed defences.Windass is a goalscorer not a targetman but he will have to play that way alongside caddy.Hope for the best fear for the worst.

beerbantam said:
lol, did you have that No. in your mobile after lhe last few seasons?
Remembered it off the top of my head after our relegation season!
It used to be engaged for hours after a home game! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.