Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Todays game was Sh*tty and Boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Todays game was sh*tty and boring, full stop. I have seen enough of us this season to say half of the team needs replacing in January.

We had a one man advantage for a significant proportion of the match...when your a man up you'd think Todd would be inclined to have the players bomb forward and take it to them...WE DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE SHOT OR HEAD AT GOAL IN THE TIME WE HAD THE MAN ADVANTAGE. We looked like losing even when we had a numerical advantage, they were taking it to us with 10 men and our players sat around with their fingers up their ar.ses seemingly holding out for a draw.

The performance was uninspired and lacked gutts or determination.

Danny Cadamarteri....i'd sack him, he's a waste of space. Steven Schumacher was awful today and gave the ball away numerous times...i never thought i'd say this but those who think he has more right to a first team place than Lee Crooks need their eyes checking.

However special mention today for being the best player on the field has to go to Donovan Ricketts, he made some great saves to keep us in the game, he commanded his area well and collected some very difficult crosses when under pressure. For me should have taken the MOM award.

The game was there for the taking but once again we failed to deliver...i lost count of the times we past it back to goal from an attacking position.

People say the bottom line is that we are winning games this year that we would have lost last year, but we are also losing and drawing games this year that we would have won last year.

Unless Bridge Wilkinson returns for the Huddersfield game i think were in for a thumping. We have been very fortunate today as other results have gone our way and by some miracle we are actually 8th.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Wasnt the best of games but didnt think it were 'shitty and boring'.

Good decision by Todd to take Stewart off early on cos it was gonna end in either a red for the lad or givin away a pen.

IMO Windass and Claridge cant play upfront together, should be Cooke and Windass fron the start with Claridge coming on int 2nd half. Cadders is a waste of a wage IMO.

Schuey was shocking today and gave the ball to them more often than not.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
How was it boring danny lad? it was the most esxciting match at VP this season by far, there was tension, fire, red cards, fould chances, great keepers! Open game! only thing that wasnt there are goals

G
Funny how it's a game of opinions...

I thought Schuey did alright...

*quote*

"alright"

If one midfielder was awful today it was Crooks, but I await abuse from people who know knack all.

Windass was shite, Claridge was shite...

And f*ck me, a f*ck*ng LB on at RB for someone who has never played at RB?

Great "Man-management" I don't think...

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Crookes was ok today. Lewis did ok at right back and the first half was very exciting, second half was so so, but overall a good game. We will not make the playoff's we are just not good enough. Cada is shit and should be given his P45 the useless idle twot.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
After a decent performance last week we were back to being piss poor again this week....:mad: Yet again we can't break down 10 men, its not as if Barnsley did what Blackpool and Donny did - close the game down - they didn't, it was an open game.....:( The ONLY comfort i take from todays performance is that Morrison has been MOM for the last two games - he's showing a bit of consistancy.....Why Todd's trying to get rid of him i'll never know!!....:mad:

gaza75

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
fook me if the Barnsley lad got sent of for that then Stewart should have gone earlier the man was a fooking joke

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Erm, komakino mate........ SCHUEY WAS SHITE, worst player on field, did not complete 1 pass!! messed about with it, lost possession, at least half of crooks's balls went to his man!

G
Just shows how much you and your bum chums know about football, eh?

I stick by original statement that Schumacher was "ALRIGHT", not brilliant, not awesome, not bad, ALRIGHT.

If you think he was the worst player in a City shirt today, then you need your eyes testing.

BTW Chuckie Egg, do you really think that a clean sheet makes it alright that the 4th choice RB is the 2nd choice LB?

THAT was my original point.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Just shows how much you and your bum chums know about football, eh?

I stick by original statement that Schumacher was "ALRIGHT", not brilliant, not awesome, not bad, ALRIGHT.

If you think he was the worst player in a City shirt today, then you need your eyes testing.

BTW Chuckie Egg, do you really think that a clean sheet makes it alright that the 4th choice RB is the 2nd choice LB?

THAT was my original point.
Alright...you wernt there mate..his first touch was appauling often playing us into trouble and his distribution was all over the place. Crooksie was ok, pingin his 30 yard balls out to the flanks and getting stuck in. Schumachermacher needs subbing and we need enford to play instead. I would say kearney but after watching him at half time yesterday i thought 'how did he ever become a professional footballer?' Cadders is a waste of space, as i have said before, he just gets the ball and runs into the opposition giving the bal away all the time. Claridgte was poor, him and deano just dont gel...it was no conincidence that last week when it was cooke and deano we scored 2 !

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
It was a decent game of football considering the ref did all he could to ruin it. Once again a Ref who has been poor in a previous game (Wigan v Fulham - Which ended up with Coleman sat laughing on the sidelines) trys to put thing right in a game later down the line by sending off 2 players booking 6. Both managers said both red card were "harsh" and I hope there is some kind of appeal because neither were deserved.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
komakino said:
Funny how it's a game of opinions...

I thought Schuey did alright...

*quote*

"alright"

If one midfielder was awful today it was Crooks, but I await abuse from people who know knack all.

Windass was shite, Claridge was shite...

And f*ck me, a f*ck*ng LB on at RB for someone who has never played at RB?

Great "Man-management" I don't think...
My thoughts exactly K.

Shuey was okish, but by far the absent midfielder was Crooks. You can't give the ball away, if you never have it!!!!!! Schuey has to do far too much work in midfield, in my view.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
the calverley bantam said:
Alright...you wernt there mate..his first touch was appauling often playing us into trouble and his distribution was all over the place. Crooksie was ok, pingin his 30 yard balls out to the flanks and getting stuck in. Schumachermacher needs subbing and we need enford to play instead. I would say kearney but after watching him at half time yesterday i thought 'how did he ever become a professional footballer?' Cadders is a waste of space, as i have said before, he just gets the ball and runs into the opposition giving the bal away all the time. Claridgte was poor, him and deano just dont gel...it was no conincidence that last week when it was cooke and deano we scored 2 !

erm when did Crook get stuck in I must have missed that one?? When he did decide to go in he fouled the player and gave away a free kick. He pinged one ball that I remember out to Morrison, and helped us put together one of our few attacks, apart from that I saw a player sitting just in front of the defence. On one occasion he nearly broke free from the shackle that Todd has put on him and went forward. I have come to the view that he is doing what he is told.

May 21, 2005
bg said:
My thoughts exactly K.

Shuey was okish, but by far the absent midfielder was Crooks. You can't give the ball away, if you never have it!!!!!! Schuey has to do far too much work in midfield, in my view.
Were you on the beer yesterday? Fair enough you might not like Crooks but if you think Schumacher played better than Crooks yesterday you need your head looking at!

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well thanks for that BOP. I do not think that schuey had a good game, but he had a much better game than Crooks. That is my view, and I do not need my head looking at; football is all about opinions and differing viewpoints, we do not as city fans have to insult each other if we have a different point of view.

He is fully committed to not straying out of the center circle, which is where he spent most of his time yesterday. He never looks for the ball, if he really has to get involved in midfielder work then it is a forgone conclusion that he will end up giving a free kick. It is not a question of not liking him, for me it is being a fully committed member of the team, and sharing the workload in midfield. Maybe if schuey had just a little more help there, he would not always have to take the flack from supporters like you about giving the ball away, as I said earlier when you do not get involved, you are not going to give the ball away.

In my view this is Todd's lack of tactical nouse.............we cannot afford to have a holding midfielder, we need to attack when we are at home. That could be a good tactic when away from home, as our primary target is not to lose the game. However, if you are satisfied with our home performance then you will think that Crooks is doing a fine job; I am personally not happy with our home performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.