Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Todays Game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Well well well...

Must be first back unless one of the lads is on here as well...

Good game, first half hour i would say we edged it without impressing to much...Then till half time we sort of disappered less the defence. The game looked like a stale draw. But overall we edged the half.
Second half we struggled a bit to play it on the floor.. They had quite a few good chances that came to nothing either through good defending or good keeping..

Still looked like a draw..

Joe Brown came on to give us four strikers, Holloway went off for Todd to obviously go for the win..After that we never looked like losing as the ball stayed onn the deck ..Yes as others will say Yeovil had chances but we looked a miles better footballing side and by far the most likely to score..

So overal a deserved win..Tactically Todd got it right for me and Deanos amazing Freekick was a worthy winner.

Still do not see Todd leaving or City getting relegated..

Well done Todd and well done the lads for getting the three points...

Scores on the doors for the lads....

Ricketts 8/10....
Although he made a couple of wayward kicks the top hand save he made in the last couple of minutes whilst diving to his left was pure world class and if Robinson or any Prem keeper had made it we would be seeing it for weeks..Plus he said hello to my lad..

Emanuel Lewis (as he was announced) 6/10...
Gets in the right places but seems afraid to take people on..Gets caught on the ball too easily...Worked hard though...

Stew Peas 8/10
Great game... Played his arse off and also got away with a demon two footer near the end.. Chased a ball back 60m and won it...Excellent.

Bower and Wethers 7/10
Steady as usual.

Darren Holloway... 7/10
Had for me the best game hes played for City..Very solid and only one or two mistakes...Should shut the knockers up for a while. But im sure it won't.Only a yellow for a tackle that made Crooks at Kidderminster look like a love tap. Well done ref lol..

MBW.. 6/10
Didnt do as much as you would expect from our most creative player.

Tom Penford..7.5/10
Quality player who is exactly what we need . Not afraid to get stuck in and knows how to play a pass in... Defo one for the long term future of the club...

Deano..7.5/10
This is inflated for the fact his Free kick would of graced any top flight stadium in the world.. Pure belter bent round with amazing accuracy.. He was not in the game that much up till then though.. Let himself down a little by rising to this idiot who kept slating him... He turned round and told him to fook off... For me still an asset though.. Ran straight to the gaffer to shake his hand..Nice touch Deano..In fact well done fook em mate...

Claridge..7/10
Fine game..Would score higher but other who have higher score did that little extra.. Good solid perfomance though..

Danny C. 8/10 MOM
Never stopped.. Worked his ass off and was for me was the MOM. That isnt reflected as the highest score, however Donovans save gave us the win...

SUBS

Joe Brown. 7.5/10
Turned the game, got down the left win and caused big problems. His passing opened things up and created spaces for others..I really am starting to rate this lad..

Bobby Petta. 6/10
Did ok. Nothing life changing, no tackles but some god passing.

Saw Ciba again cheers for the chat, also saw Sunwin stroll passed.

The ref and linos were a disgrace too btw...

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Zonnebloem said:
The radio (Derm) suggested City were nowhere in the first half, certainly not in the Yo half.
The first half hour was like the first two rounds in a world title fight.. Both feeling each other out...We were ok didnt look troubled last 15 mins of first half though was like sunday League from us..

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
Zonnebloem said:
The radio (Derm) suggested City were nowhere in the first half, certainly not in the Yo half.
Actually Stix and Tim said the same !! said it was all Yeovil first half !

Just goes to show, we all go to games but we all see a different one !

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'Danny C. 8/10 MOM'
'Never stopped.. Worked his ass off and was for me was the MOM. That isnt reflected as the highest score, however Donovans save gave us the win...'

I'm not saying you're wrong tone, after all I wasn't there, but, let's just say Tim and Sticks didn't share that opinion.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Well each to their own mate... Im sure others may share that view. But for me he was well worth of it.

His overall performance beat that of Penford and Stew Peas...Holloway may well of got it if he had stayed on..

May 20, 2005
tony d said:
Well well well...

Must be first back unless one of the lads is on here as well...

Good game, first half hour i would say we edged it without impressing to much...Then till half time we sort of disappered less the defence. The game looked like a stale draw. But overall we edged the half.
Second half we struggled a bit to play it on the floor.. They had quite a few good chances that came to nothing either through good defending or good keeping..

Still looked like a draw..

Joe Brown came on to give us four strikers, Holloway went off for Todd to obviously go for the win..After that we never looked like losing as the ball stayed onn the deck ..Yes as others will say Yeovil had chances but we looked a miles better footballing side and by far the most likely to score..

So overal a deserved win..Tactically Todd got it right for me and Deanos amazing Freekick was a worthy winner.

Still do not see Todd leaving or City getting relegated..

Well done Todd and well done the lads for getting the three points...

Scores on the doors for the lads....

Ricketts 8/10....
Although he made a couple of wayward kicks the top hand save he made in the last couple of minutes whilst diving to his left was pure world class and if Robinson or any Prem keeper had made it we would be seeing it for weeks..Plus he said hello to my lad..

Emanuel Lewis (as he was announced) 6/10...
Gets in the right places but seems afraid to take people on..Gets caught on the ball too easily...Worked hard though...

Stew Peas 8/10
Great game... Played his arse off and also got away with a demon two footer near the end.. Chased a ball back 60m and won it...Excellent.

Bower and Wethers 7/10
Steady as usual.

Darren Holloway... 7/10
Had for me the best game hes played for City..Very solid and only one or two mistakes...Should shut the knockers up for a while. But im sure it won't.Only a yellow for a tackle that made Crooks at Kidderminster look like a love tap. Well done ref lol..

MBW.. 6/10
Didnt do as much as you would expect from our most creative player.

Tom Penford..7.5/10
Quality player who is exactly what we need . Not afraid to get stuck in and knows how to play a pass in... Defo one for the long term future of the club...

Deano..7.5/10
This is inflated for the fact his Free kick would of graced any top flight stadium in the world.. Pure belter bent round with amazing accuracy.. He was not in the game that much up till then though.. Let himself down a little by rising to this idiot who kept slating him... He turned round and told him to fook off... For me still an asset though.. Ran straight to the gaffer to shake his hand..Nice touch Deano..In fact well done fook em mate...

Claridge..7/10
Fine game..Would score higher but other who have higher score did that little extra.. Good solid perfomance though..

Danny C. 8/10 MOM
Never stopped.. Worked his ass off and was for me was the MOM. That isnt reflected as the highest score, however Donovans save gave us the win...

SUBS

Joe Brown. 7.5/10
Turned the game, got down the left win and caused big problems. His passing opened things up and created spaces for others..I really am starting to rate this lad..

Bobby Petta. 6/10
Did ok. Nothing life changing, no tackles but some god passing.

Saw Ciba again cheers for the chat, also saw Sunwin stroll passed.

The ref and linos were a disgrace too btw...
Thanks tone for a refreshing change and honest apprasial from somebody who not only went to the game, but watched it as well.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
good report there , amazed at how Holloway has turned his form and play around - maybe the 5 match ban did him some good - he may even have a future depending on who's in charge next season - prob CT if he can get the home formation and tempo right.

Status
Not open for further replies.