Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Todd not the best at media manipulation eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Was reading one of his interviews from a few days back and he was talking about how Crewe are good at bringing through players and selling them off to bigger clubs and Todd says he would like us to be in a position to do that one day.

Just a wee bit negative for me, we should not be looking up at Crewe as a shining beacon of what we could one day achieve.

Also said he would class the season a success if we finished one point higher than we did last year and when the interviewer mentioned that Julian Rhodes ambition was for promotion this year Todd replied 'I and the chairman are different people'.

Maybe he's just trying to take the pressure off the players and its actually a masterstroke? Who knows.

Personally i think he's trying to take the pressure off of himself as Todd has never worked well under pressure.

Its not a huge problem but i just wish he would be a little less straight talking sometimes.

May 20, 2005
Dbantx said:
Maybe he's just trying to take the pressure off the players and its actually a masterstroke? Who knows.

Personally i think he's trying to take the pressure off of himself as Todd has never worked well under pressure
He's doing both Dan and I think it's fine to do so. Such is this division, there nowt much seperates the Top 6 from the bottom 4. He's edging his bets and keeping his face egg free. Look at that prize Arse Jordan, the Palace Chairman he was bigging up Palace against Luton and a member of his staff even described the game as Luton's Cup final in the paper. They look like chumps this morning don't they??

I'd rather have a cagey **** than a gobby **** and luckily our manager and chairman fall into the right catagory where stupendous claims of expectation are concerned.

G

i don't have a problem with crewe youth development, albeit they sell players off
but jim brown was in the media also being cautious about promotion (look where we were last summer) whereas julian rhodes said the aim was promotion outright, todd talked about promotion last season, and hopefully will soon be talking about it this one

Jul 17, 2005
Not Hull.
I think he simply doesn't want to us to assume we'll get into the top 6 after the first match if everything goes tits up after christmas. the squad is still thin to me in terms of numbers if people start getting injured and such. I suppose by comparing us to crewe Todd might have been saying it wouldn't be half bad if we could actually sell players for money, something we havent done for a while.

like dave says, better to play things down now than risking looking like a tw*t later.

Status
Not open for further replies.