Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Todd says he will play youths if seniors dont cut the mustard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
So he says Joe Brown will get a chance in the league over the Christmas period. Whats also interesting is that he says if the senior players are not looking like making the playoffs in two months time then he will give the kids a chance.

IMO it might well work...just look at Huddersfield last year. Half way through the season they were languishing in mid table to lower mid table not looking like going anywhere but then Jacko started fielding half of the youths in his first team...what was it? Something like 10 games won on the trot and so very nearly making the playoffs.

The question is to we have the same quality of youth as Huddersfield to be able to accomplish this?

It would be a sensible policy in my eyes if Todd is still here which is looking likely-unfortunately. Keep the backbone of the squad in the first team (Ricketts, Bower, Wetherall, Bridge Wilkinson + Windass)

GK Ricketts
DR John Swift/Jake Wright
DC David Wetherall
DC Mark Bower
DL Andrew Taylor
MR Danny Forrest
MC Bridge Wilkinson
MC Parick McGuire
ML Tom Claisse? (left winger?)
ST Joe Brown
ST Dean Windass/Andy Cooke

Good idea? IMO it will never happen anyway, Todd is too spineless to field half of the youth/reserves. By 'giving the youth a chance' he probably means Sticking Joe Brown on the bench every once in a while.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Why no Schuey? He is finally gaining some form since the return to the team of BMW!!
He struggled like hell while playing with the fat lad but surely deserves inclusion now?
Schumacher hasn't had 1 good game this season, crooks has been a far, far better peformer and id have him in my squad anyday.
His(schueys) first touch isn't great and i there are so many occasions when he hasn't even pulled the simplest of passes off - just 6 or 7 yards
also i'd have penford in the middle over anyone else (bar mbw) and emanuel at lb rather than taylor

Lofty

Bloody good shot sir!
C&B Member
Dec 1, 2005
Huddersfield
The Calverley Bantam said:
Schumacher hasn't had 1 good game this season, crooks has been a far, far better peformer and id have him in my squad anyday.
His(schueys) first touch isn't great and i there are so many occasions when he hasn't even pulled the simplest of passes off - just 6 or 7 yards
also i'd have penford in the middle over anyone else (bar mbw) and emanuel at lb rather than taylor
Schumacher was on fire at Southend until Ricketts got sent off for being black!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.