Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Toddometer 3

Toddometer 3

• Sack him now

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • Let him go end of season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give him AT LEAST till end of season

• Give him 2 seasons at least

• Give him 4 more matches

• Unsure

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
Yes, it's that time again.

Now I've been very fickle... I've gone from Toddite to Todd Out and back again. But I don't think that's too unusual really, after all a few bad runs and lack of playing youths and the vision get's cloudy. It's easy to forget all the good stuff.

Now while CT is not perfect, I'm going to back him till the end of the season. Why? Well let's not forget the last couple of years. Todd has been loyal to us and stuck by us when he could easily have taken the easy route of leaving and getting a more secure job elsewhere. He's had naff all to work with yet has kept us in this division quite safely. Ok it would have been nice for us to be in the top 6 but realistically a top half finish should do us this season. We may not have progressed much since last season but there are some signs we are moving forward.

My major gripe with him has been his refusal to play our youngsters. And while I think he could be pushing them more, there could be some good reason why he has waited till now. His timing with Penford seems perfect. Giving JoeBo a chance I think has worked well. And we are now seeing some other lads pushing for places. Jake Wright seems to have overtaken Swifty and while I would have given the lad a chance by now, having been reading up on the reserves it seems like Swifty is a bit of a Giveballaway himself so there may be a very good reason he hasn't played. Ie he's not good enough.
Colbeck is pushing for a place, as is Bentham. I don't think it'll be long before some of these lads get their chance.

Another gripe has been players like Claridge and Windass. Deano is hitting back now but could and probably should have been rested a few times. Claridge has been very much hit and miss and has played ahead of Cooke when Cooke was playing well. I dissagree with Todd here.

I also find some other decisions by Todd to be very strange: Sanasy, the midfield shuffling, the way he has treated Petta and Morrison. I don't think any manager is perfect but Todd has made some big mistakes.

Now the final point with any Toddometer is can we bring in a manager who will take us forward or do we stick with Todd? Now at the start of the season I said we should stick with him because there is nobody better who will join us. This situation has drastically changed. McCall and Beagrie are both interested, Wetherall would be a great assistant boss to either of them. But changing the manager now would be a bad thing. End of the season though is a different story.

So my vote is for Todd to stay the season, at which point I'd give the job to any combination of the above three names. Preferably McCall with Beagrie his assistant and Wetherall getting a coaching role to ease him in slowly should one of the top two jobs come free in later seasons.

Unrealistic? I'm not so sure, my money would be on Todd's contract not to be renewed at the end of the season and Beags and McCall will both be knocking on JR's door.

But I hear you crying "What about Deano?". I think you'll find him following Todd to become player/assistant at Todd's next club (for he will get a new job within a month of leaving City).

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
Whew -- lots there, simply, I think we will have CT for a long while unless he has a very bad run with the team, I don’t agree with all he has done but I am not the man in charge, its easy to talk and pick fault but if you were up there and it was your job on the line you may think differently, so........
COME ON CT ----- COME ON CITYYYYYYYYyyyyyyy

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Unless we hit the relegation zone he should stay until the end of the season..

We need continuity at our club and sacking the manager mid season in our case when we are still in with a realistic chance of the play offs or a strong top half finish would for me be suicide...

Enter a so called hero to be a Nicky Law in disguise and oblivion awaits..

At least at the end of the season a new man coooould come in and stamp his mark for the next push..

IMHO of course...

Smell the dream live the dream.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
we are mid table material, nothing particulary special nor bad enough to go down (hopefully) i think its better saving money by saking todd at the end of the season, rather than giving him a pay-off now

then next season, we should bring in jakes + wilder, McCall + Beags, just Beags or paul simpson if carlisle don't go up...or someone completely diffrent

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
I'm totally unsure - i've wanted Todd out since November, but recently he's started playing younger players and has changed his formation, both of which most fans have (including myself) been screaming out for - neither of which i would have expected him to do!! He's shown he aint a robot and takes on board the fact we have a few decent young uns and that only playing a rigid 4-4-2 isn't enough nowadays!! Weve had two positive results recently including the result yesterday - not many come away from Huish with 3 points!! Added to all this the fact that he got rid of donkey Crooks and seems unwilling to offer Holloway a new contract and i'm feeling more positive about him!!
The only shame is that he's taken until now to realise all this - weve shown at times this season that contrary to what some on here think we DO have a talented squad capable of at least the play-offs, i fear that even if we do have a good run now - weve left it much too late :(
Maybe continuity is the key, but i still find the prospect of Beags coming in as player/manager exciting!! Give him till the end of the season - owt below last seasons placing is a failure IMO and someone else should be given the opportunity!!

IF and a big IF Todd can turn it round i'll be more than willing to eat my words and i'll even buy my own humble pie to choke myself with....:eek:

G
Todd may be a dipstick...but he's a contracted dipstick and results are beginning to come a little....Julian (big girls blouse) ain't gonna get rid anyway , at least not til some investment comes along so let's be realistick and support the plonker til the end of the season...eh?

You know it makes sense!

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Beagrie has once again been linked with Valley Parade in the Daily Star today ... These stories dont come from nowhere but I think the last two results have bought him sometime and he does seem to be getting it right, finding which players seem to make the team tick in the right way.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Symes said:
Beagrie has once again been linked with Valley Parade in the Daily Star today ... These stories dont come from nowhere but I think the last two results have bought him sometime and he does seem to be getting it right, finding which players seem to make the team tick in the right way.
One loss in five is hardly sacking material is it...

Superfatbantam

Former Modfather
C&B Member
Jul 8, 2005
In exile
www.webteams.co.uk
Symes said:

Only cos they are that useless they have only just picked it up from last week's Sun.

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
I see the Todd out campaigne is turning into the annual hysteria.
The CT out camp well and truly have the knives out for him, I'm now regularly reading severe over the top criticism of him, even when we've registered a hard fought away victory.

He is a man that is brutally frank and not very media or fan friendly, that is his way, I've seen him on sky several times prior to him becoming City manager and He is very defensive, and takes what he percieves to be personal criticism badly and can come across as quite biligerant.

He is however, honest and hardworking and fiercely loyal to those that back him.

Anyway, yes there's times this season when I've sat through some of the football at VP and done it out of a sence of duty rather than enjoyment.

However, we might not have appeared to have made any progress since last season, but I don't think we're far away from getting the balance right.

There's nothing at all wrong with a 4,4,2 formation

Our defence is very solid, and its a unit that any of the defenders in the squad can come in and do a job, without the unit been unduly disrupted.

In our forwards we have two of the most experienced and dangerous in the division (albeit they are the present not the future), maybe in Sanasy, Forrest or Brown we can get a talented striker for the future .

Our problem is throughout the midfield, Schuy and Tom have shown total inconsistency, and have been outbattled in many games, Crooks was a battler however very limited. MBW has the quality required at this level, but like dominoes, one falls and the others round you go down.

I'm pleased Colin is addressing this now by giving Penford a crack and has dropped Deano back in there. It would be good to see a loan signing of central midfielder brought in to help in this area.

I'm most critical of our widemen, these are the ones mainly letting us down, Petta is not right for this level, we don't need a song and dance man putting his foot in as and well he pleases, if Ben continues to struggle after his op, then he's another whoose contract should not be renewed, and in Morrison again a luxury we can't afford, perhaps the attitude and drinking habits of George Best without the talent!

Colin likes positive football with natural widemen, IF we can get a decent winger into the club, then it would make a huge difference, remember Summers when he could be bothered, remember Beags, all we had to do was give him the ball, simple wasn't it. Get the scouts searching the lower leagues, there's got to be one out there.

G
Johnny Yen said:
I see the Todd out campaigne is turning into the annual hysteria.
The CT out camp well and truly have the knives out for him, I'm now regularly reading severe over the top criticism of him, even when we've registered a hard fought away victory.

He is a man that is brutally frank and not very media or fan friendly, that is his way, I've seen him on sky several times prior to him becoming City manager and He is very defensive, and takes what he percieves to be personal criticism badly and can come across as quite biligerant.

He is however, honest and hardworking and fiercely loyal to those that back him.

Anyway, yes there's times this season when I've sat through some of the football at VP and done it out of a sence of duty rather than enjoyment.

However, we might not have appeared to have made any progress since last season, but I don't think we're far away from getting the balance right.

There's nothing at all wrong with a 4,4,2 formation

Our defence is very solid, and its a unit that any of the defenders in the squad can come in and do a job, without the unit been unduly disrupted.

In our forwards we have two of the most experienced and dangerous in the division (albeit they are the present not the future), maybe in Sanasy, Forrest or Brown we can get a talented striker for the future .

Our problem is throughout the midfield, Schuy and Tom have shown total inconsistency, and have been outbattled in many games, Crooks was a battler however very limited. MBW has the quality required at this level, but like dominoes, one falls and the others round you go down.

I'm pleased Colin is addressing this now by giving Penford a crack and has dropped Deano back in there. It would be good to see a loan signing of central midfielder brought in to help in this area.

I'm most critical of our widemen, these are the ones mainly letting us down, Petta is not right for this level, we don't need a song and dance man putting his foot in as and well he pleases, if Ben continues to struggle after his op, then he's another whoose contract should not be renewed, and in Morrison again a luxury we can't afford, perhaps the attitude and drinking habits of George Best without the talent!

Colin likes positive football with natural widemen, IF we can get a decent winger into the club, then it would make a huge difference, remember Summers when he could be bothered, remember Beags, all we had to do was give him the ball, simple wasn't it. Get the scouts searching the lower leagues, there's got to be one out there.

I'd agree with most of that except that Todds style of 4-4-2, when he tells the the fullbacks not to go beyond half way, is far too defensive...hence the midfield is held too deep and there are not the attacking options available when the ball is played through the middle or from the flanks.

He has to be more positive...especially at home..... Mon Dieu!!

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
Actually Delboy, that is a good point you make.
I too like to see the backs getting forward to overlap the wingers and assist with delivering the ball to the forrads.It's positive and gets the crowd going.

Very much like Jacobs used to do with Beags, although Wayne knew he had plenty of time to get up there because Beags could hold the ball, something our current wingers have little concept of, by the time Lewis, Edghill or Holloway got up there, they'd be racing back as we'd have lost possession !!

Status
Not open for further replies.