Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Todds Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2005
Kevin Sanasy as been told he can find a new club and Tom Penford needs to go out on loan according to the radio .

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
We've known all along that Todd doesn't rate Sanasy, He could be right about Tom - hes a long way down the pecking order now and needs to get some experience so that he can fight his way into the team.

G
Sanasy looks a good player to me. He's better than Forrest IMO. Can't understand why Todd doesn't rate him

cibasteve

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
www.theshippers.co.uk
Disagree, Sanasy's a niggley little sod who disguises his inabilities with the ball by playing the man instead of concentrating on playing football.
Yes it's nice to see a play 'getting stuck in' but there's got to be something after kicking the goalie, like skill for instance.

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
Tom penford from what i saw in his earlier displays was a decent player, and he's still very young. maybe he needs to go out on loan, just like bower did with york city.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
I thought Sanasy was going to be the best of the present crop of youngsters however recently he has gone backward quickly ask anyone who watches the reserves. Penford is like so many youngsters city produce lightweight. We need lads with ability and also the physical attributes as well.

May 21, 2005
Im undecided on Sanasy which is why I think he should go out on loan to see what he can do, but didn't he gon on loan to Halifax last season and not play ONE game?!

He's very similar to Forrest, slightly more skill but even weaker than Forrest which is one of Forrests main weaknesses

enoch

C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Bradistan
part of the problem is that first team managers keep or lose their jobs on how many games the first team win not on how many young players he has on the wage budget who might or might not break through to the first team.
Maybe CT has been told he cannot sign any more experienced first team players until he frees up some of the wage budget..........which is what he is doing by letting Sanasay and Penford go.

May 20, 2005
I think Todd had a problem with Sanasays attitude, but at the end of the day attitude or not he is still ten times the player Forrest is, who gets chance after chance to shine but falls flat on his arse and highlights how woefully short of what it takes he is everytime.

I hope Sanasay sets himself out with a club who'll give him a chance. This is a big mistake IMHO. A season long loan with a conference club would have been worth a try instead of showing him the door.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Sanasy

I have allways like the style of play of sanasy - but he did not do well at halifax when loaned out - what makes you think he would benefit from being loaned out again?

He probably needs to go permanently to a conference club where he can kckle down and hopefully rebuild his confidence and who knows kick on from there. Scott Kerr aftwer beinf released - is not doing too badly now.

Woder if Sanasy being let go is to make way for a new striker.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Sanasy being at the club would not make any difference to a new player coming in, he's a scolar and probably earns less than he would on the dole.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Sanasy

Yes I think it would make a difference. Todd has a budget for the year- getting rid of sanasy, symes, penford (albeit not a big chunk off the pay roll) helps him keep within it should he bring in another player/striker.Gives him moreto paly with - offer.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Why not get rid of Forrest then instead of Sanasy...

He offers more in every department and has alot more strings to his bow...

I feel a personality clash has ended the lads career not his footballing skills...#

Shame really....

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
briggus said:
Yes I think it would make a difference. Todd has a budget for the year- getting rid of sanasy, symes, penford (albeit not a big chunk off the pay roll) helps him keep within it should he bring in another player/striker.Gives him moreto paly with - offer.
No it doesn't the youths and scolars are under a different wage budget so Sanasy going or staying makes no difference. It's obvious that Sanasy doesnt figure in Todd's plans between now and 2009 so it makes no sense to let him see out his remaining year as a scolar, just let him go now and allow him to try his luck elsewhere, he's unlikely to even feature in the reserves next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.