Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Todd's reaction to their goal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Sat back in his seat - hands behind his head with his legs crossed, he did that till the end of the game.....his attitude was clearly "FFS, i've done all i can - i give up".....how do you expect the players to react when you clearly didn't give a flying one?.....Hendry was up and down the touchline kicking every ball - while Todd layed back wishing he was on a sun lounger in Crete....:mad:

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
I will start it fellas for ya

Sack him bring back i dont wanna come McCall.:mad:

Tony D accepts no responsibility for his outragous post as he never went so isnt allowed to speak out.
Remember your home is at risk if you do not agree with the MB headshed...

May 24, 2005
Never said sack him - what i said was his "reaction" (if you can fookin call it that) was pathetic - folk had paid good money to watch that shower - he's supposed to be the "leader" - the "motivator".......
Loads of folk were fooked off Tony - people i've never met before - young, old, female, kids - it was the talk of the crowds on their way out, on the coach and getting into their cars - but we'll listen to you eh?

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
I thought I'd noticed Toddy sat like that!! But I think it was before they scored too!!

Maybe he was remembering Holloway's wonder goal at the KC and feeling quite pleased that he'd brought such an attacking threat to the game!!:confused:

In Todd I trust, but today was an awful display by him!!

HGTEB31!!

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
king billy said:
Never said sack him - what i said was his "reaction" (if you can fookin call it that) was pathetic - folk had paid good money to watch that shower - he's supposed to be the "leader" - the "motivator".......
Loads of folk were fooked off Tony - people i've never met before - young, old, female, kids - it was the talk of the crowds on their way out, on the coach and getting into their cars - but we'll listen to you eh?

I dont expect you to listen to me, but, just exactly how many had gone off injured and how many subs had been used by then...How long was left and how could he change it around when by the sound of things the players had sacked it..

The masses always shout for the head of the manager here. It seems its always greener on the other side until we actually get to the other side.

The problem with these players as with every other City side i can remember is when they are hot they are hot but when they are slightly off they are shite... Not just unlucky but fookin shite...

Only a couple of managers have cured this for short periods of our history and then it comes back.

Now should we change our manager now knowing that this same squad will be accountable to the new guy. Less cash after payout to Todd no new players come Jan and no hope but to slate the new guy but promise to let him have a fair crack next season...

A fair crack being more than a couple of games.....

But hey lets just fookin sack this guy and hope some jock or some lower division manager comes and pulls a blinder... If we play it right Megson will be free soon... :mad:

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
There's getting injured players - but then there's totally fooking up a less than ideal situation by bringing on that sack of spuds at right back for no reason whatsoever!!

THAT WAS TODD'S DECISION!!!!!

I'm not calling for his head (as nobody else is as far as I can tell), but today he made a bigger mess of a bad position!! He wasn't totally to blame but he has to take some responsibility for it!!

HGTEB31!!

May 24, 2005
I'm not calling for Todd's head either - but feck me, as someone who spent in excess of 150 nicka today i feel i'm entitled to criticise him - is that OK tone m8?.....
If i were one of the team and glanced across at our bench and saw him doing that id sack it too.....it was a kick in the teeth for the 2000 fans sat directly opposite him......he's the 1st to lay the boot (publicly) into any of the players who don't perform - he needs to look at himself after today's farce......

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
king billy said:
I'm not calling for Todd's head either - but feck me, as someone who spent in excess of 150 nicka today i feel i'm entitled to criticise him - is that OK tone m8?.....
If i were one of the team and glanced across at our bench and saw him doing that id sack it too.....it was a kick in the teeth for the 2000 fans sat directly opposite him......he's the 1st to lay the boot (publicly) into any of the players who don't perform - he needs to look at himself after today's farce......

I agree KB........he cannot shirk his responsbility....I didn't fancy us after Saturday, don't know why, just didn't.

At the end of the day, he is their leader, he is the one who decides to play certain players, and at the death he is the one to stand up and be counted. If his players are not performing for him, he has to ask some searching questions about his own performance as a manager. If he doesn't do that, then we will continue to have bad results. I tell you what I don't like about him, his lack of 'substitution nouse' and his preference for certain players as opposed to other players...it is very obvious, and in my view disrupts the team ethic.....

You have to have a good dressing room, without it, we will flounder........now tomorrow when they all come together, he has to stand up in front of his players and take some responsibility.

No Tony I am not saying sack him, it is not the answer, but somebody needs to have a word with him....

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
bg said:
I tell you what I don't like about him, his lack of 'substitution nouse' and his preference for certain players as opposed to other players...it is very obvious, and in my view disrupts the team ethic......
I give you Mr Paul Jewell probably the worst exponent of substitutes in Bradfords History...

Still got us promoted and kept us up...:D

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
difference there is, Jewell had charisma and the ability to motivate a team..................

G
'No Tony I am not saying sack him, it is not the answer, but somebody needs to have a word with him....'

Colin Todd will never change his tactics or preferences no matter what, he never has done throughout his managerial career so why should he start now?

At Derby he favoured playing certain obviously flawed players over others, had a tendency to defend no matter what and a rather familiar tendency to fill the squad up with two many players of a certain position or style thus unbalancing the team.

When he went to Swindon he did exactly the same thing. He built an unbalanced team, played constant defensive tactics even when it was clearly not working, had trouble motivating the team and then when he made a mess and Swindon were fighting relegation he ran.

I dont think we'll get relegated this season but IMO we wont make the playoffs either, im anticipating rubbish consistency, poor home form and a finish somewhere between 12th and 16th.

It is clear already that the team is unbalanced, too many prima-donas or once promising players who dont have any bottle or graft to them and have had past attitude problems, too many players that bottle it when were underperforming and too little inspiration and motivation.

I'm not saying sack him. I'm saying wait while the New Year and if we are 15th or below with poor home form and looking like we wont make a playoff challenge then get rid. Otherwise give him until the end of the year and if we finish any lower than 12th get rid.

If we do worse this season than we did the last then its clear we are going backwards and not forwards. With Todd on a long term contract things will have to be desperate for Rhodes to get rid though, i'm wagering that unless we are involved in a relegation battle in February then he will stay no matter what, bad home form and all.

But cheer up lads, we may still find our feet and start performing at home making a playoff push :D

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Dbantx said:
'No Tony I am not saying sack him, it is not the answer, but somebody needs to have a word with him....'

Colin Todd will never change his tactics or preferences no matter what, he never has done throughout his managerial career so why should he start now?

At Derby he favoured playing certain obviously flawed players over others, had a tendency to defend no matter what and a rather familiar tendency to fill the squad up with two many players of a certain position or style thus unbalancing the team.

When he went to Swindon he did exactly the same thing. He built an unbalanced team, played constant defensive tactics even when it was clearly not working, had trouble motivating the team and then when he made a mess and Swindon were fighting relegation he ran.

I dont think we'll get relegated this season but IMO we wont make the playoffs either, im anticipating rubbish consistency, poor home form and a finish somewhere between 12th and 16th.

It is clear already that the team is unbalanced, too many prima-donas or once promising players who dont have any bottle or graft to them and have had past attitude problems, too many players that bottle it when were underperforming and too little inspiration and motivation.

I'm not saying sack him. I'm saying wait while the New Year and if we are 15th or below with poor home form and looking like we wont make a playoff challenge then get rid. Otherwise give him until the end of the year and if we finish any lower than 12th get rid.

If we do worse this season than we did the last then its clear we are going backwards and not forwards. With Todd on a long term contract things will have to be desperate for Rhodes to get rid though, i'm wagering that unless we are involved in a relegation battle in February then he will stay no matter what, bad home form and all.

But cheer up lads, we may still find our feet and start performing at home making a playoff push :D
Now thats a good post mate. I agree with that...:eek:

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
Disagree Just look and see what the gate is on Friday,it will be abysmal.we are in to a new season and already we have lost two matches at home and i for one am fed up of it. here are some of the reasons todd should go sooner rather than later.

1 Never learns from his mstakes

2 shows favouritism.

3 Can't motivate

4 hasn't a clue about tactics required in the lower division.

5 Hopeless use of substitutes

I want a good season and everyone deep down knows we arent going to get one with todd Give Wetherall a chance till christman to see how we are doing.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
I aggree neddy apart form the Wetheral bit.
Todd last year threw the chance of making the play-offs,because he couldnt motivate his players and his choice of picking players who are clearly not good enough.
Hense this year and hes learnt nothing and is clearly doing the same.We have already lost two out of three at home and chesterfield will make it three out of four.The players today just didnt have the heart nor desire and its his job to get them going.
Sorry but if Todd stays we wont even make the top six.

G
You do realise not all managers dance up and down the touchline at everything, some are more relaxed, it doesn't mean they don't care.

What would you rather have, Hendry because he jumps about, or Todd?

G
I predict a 6-0 win for City on Friday , I saw the mad monk yesterday on Tong Street and he was mooning at the passing traffic - obviously not Impressed by the loss at Blackpool !:D

Status
Not open for further replies.