Transfer Rumour Transfer Rumour Thread (January 2017 Window)

Discussion in 'City Talk' started by Lone Tenor, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerTart

RogerTart Usual Suspect
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +9,550 / 407 / -752
    Favourite Player:
    James Hanson
    First Game:
    I've watched both with my own eyes, in the flesh on Saturday and on TV previously.

One is a talented footballer with a decent scoring record who's been out of the game for a while and is getting back to speed.

The other is James Hanson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sleepless in settle

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +389 / 16 / -32
    Favourite Player:
    edinho
    First Game:
    Bradford vs Everton 1988 FA Cup
    Given he was cleared of any illegal act, I presume you don't want him here because of infidelity?

Out of morbid curiosity, if that's true what would you want the club to do if it was discovered that one of our existing players got caught cheating? Would you advocate not letting fans into the ground if they are unfaithful (attendances would bloody drop)? Where do you draw the line? I personally don't give two hoots what our players do in the privacy of his home (or nearest travel lodge) as long as it's legal!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    #2502 Sleepless in settle, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. RogerTart

RogerTart Usual Suspect
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +9,550 / 407 / -752
    Favourite Player:
    James Hanson
    First Game:
    Today? Nothing new.

We're now only interested in people if the stats are right now though. Trouble is nobody knows, or wants to say, what the stats should be.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Fishing / WUM Fishing / WUM x 1
  4. SelbyFan

C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 30 / -37
    Favourite Player:
    Bruce Bannister
    First Game:
    I'm not interested in the misses as long as they score enough to win the game.

I accept stats give an indication of a striker's potency but it isn't black and white.

For the record I'm 64 and if Evans is capable of getting 15 goals minimum this season for BCAFC get him signed up.

Everything is too transparent now, too much stats and too much trial by media, I can't really see what he has done wrong (in the eyes of the law anyway).

Everything is a personal choice and I accept I may be wrong, I also acept I may be right.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. P Neshead

P Neshead Suspect wagon
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +14,266 / 295 / -456
    Favourite Player:
    Stuart McCall
    First Game:
    That's fair comment, whether he would be the same striker that was earning big bucks at Sheffield Utd remains to be seen. If Bogle, who is untried beyond league two is being touted for near a million then we ain't getting anyone with proven ability, they are just too expensive. More likely a premiership loanee from somewhere like West ham or the like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Live Wire Bantam

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 3 / -13
    Favourite Player:
    Robbie Blake
    First Game:
    Done

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. slymutha

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 21 / -34
    Agree, and though i'm in my thirties (not sure what is old on here) i have the same thought process.

To me it is similar to the john terry / wayne bridge thing. Nowt to do with football, but i couldnt cheer for him after i found out cos i know he's a scumbag (appreciate other footballer may well be too, but i dont KNOW they are).

Bradford are my team and they represent me as much as the other way round. I dont really want a scumbag representing me, criminal or not.

Also, not living in bradford supporting bradford is a little different. People dont automatically know who your team are so i get to tell them i support the team that beat chelsea, that got to the league cup final, that have the cheapest season tickets, that gets voted fans club of the year.

If Ched signs i wont have to tell anyone who we are anymore. They will just say 'oh, didnt you sign ched evans' ... cue uncomfortable silence and either the chat ends there or we have to talk about the ins and outs of a sexual assault court case rather than football.

Also either he if crap, meaning we shouldnt have signed him. Or he brings us success which is all tainted with having to explain and talk about the court case again.

Appreciate others dont care. Or really care about rehabilitation so think need to pretend nothing ever happened. Or 100% only care about bradford city football club.

But i think it would be a bad signing for the club for lots of reasons (and lets not forget he has only ever had one good season and that was 5 years ago, so not exactly the 'coup' some people seem to think he is).

Appreciate others think differently, thats fine. I like Hanson, other really dont. People are entitled to opinions. But he's not for me. Even if he scored 20 goals and got us promoted, i'd still have part of me that wished we hadnt signed him, were still in L1 but i could still say i was proud to be a fan of a club i respect

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. park bantam

C&B Full Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +14,867 / 757 / -2,221
    Favourite Player:
    John Hendrie
    First Game:
    Bury 1956
    That's the point isn't it there is very little pointing to the fact that he is any better than what we have.
    Given that a percentage of fans don't want him full stop and by the sound of it Chesterfield are wanting silly money we should be looking elsewhere Which I trust we are.

• Hats Off Hats Off x 1
  9. Sleepless in settle

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +389 / 16 / -32
    Favourite Player:
    edinho
    First Game:
    Bradford vs Everton 1988 FA Cup
    Interesting choice of words!

10. Hulmebantam

C&B Donator

Ratings:
    +8,355 / 796 / -124
    Favourite Player:
    John Hendrie
    First Game:
    Really bored of the Ched Evans argument now. Can we not keep this to football matters and transfers??

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Bigrod

C&B Member

'Wanna be' Mega Euro Lottery Winner
    Ratings:
    +4,962 / 175 / -227
    Favourite Player:
    Dickie Bond
    First Game:
    Cannot recall
    Mods. I think we all got sick to death of the thread in respect of one particular striker. I note Ed closed it, which was IMHO a good move. if this is now starting to become a rerun, then sadly perhaps it needs to be closed. In the absence of any fresh news, then I respectfully ask posters to let go on a striker from Chesterfield. If there is any concrete evidence of a move to this club, rather than a wish for/against, then fine post, otherwise please refrain!

Just a quick reminder. https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/claret-banter-code-of-conduct.41578/

C. Your Contributions
    1. Must contain no disruptive, offensive or abusive messages. Members will refrain from retaliating to inflammatory material with further insults or inappropriate comments

2. Must contain no spamming, repeated postings or posting of unnecessary and irrelevant information to increase post count, create controversy, deceive or mislead other members or otherwise act in a disruptive manner.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. J4CKO71

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 24 / -33
    Favourite Player:
    Peter Beagrie
    First Game:
    1984 Bournemouth home 1-0
    I actually just found myself wondering if there is a direct colleration with C and B users between Brexit, Ched Evans and the Checkatrade trophy? It is time to find something else to do.

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. slymutha

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 21 / -34
    Pure accident... sorry bout that

14. Hulmebantam

C&B Donator

Ratings:
    +8,355 / 796 / -124
    Favourite Player:
    John Hendrie
    First Game:
    Saw today that Rochdale are due 30% of the Scott Hogan fee, they could be in a strong position if something happens in this transfer window.

15. Mallorcabantam

Mallorcabantam Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
    C&B Full Member

Out to grass
    Ratings:
    +1,362 / 29 / -54
    Favourite Player:
    R Liversidge
    First Game:
    Is there any mods? There used to be,
    but I'm old enough to remember the dark ages ;)

16. slymutha

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 21 / -34
    Might be a good idea this.

No use getting worked up unless it happens/or the club confirm its in the pipeline

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SelbyFan

C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 30 / -37
    Favourite Player:
    Bruce Bannister
    First Game:
    That is a well reasoned and balanced opinion. It eloquently gives the basis on which your decisions are made.

It doesn't matter if I agree or not you have clearly stated why you have made your judgement and that is your prerogative.

• Like Like x 1
  18. P Neshead

P Neshead Suspect wagon
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +14,266 / 295 / -456
    Favourite Player:
    Stuart McCall
    First Game:
    I think i've read that the fans were hoping the funds went towards things like their own training facilities, which they currently don't have.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hobhead

Hobhead Usual Suspect.
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +3,302 / 108 / -203
    Favourite Player:
    Roy Race
    First Game:
    vs Fulchester Utd FC
    Zip it, sunshine.

20. Hulmebantam

C&B Donator

Ratings:
    +8,355 / 796 / -124
    Favourite Player:
    John Hendrie
    First Game:
    Very sensible. Can you imagine the uproar if we did the same in their position?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.