Transfer Rumour Transfer Rumour Thread (January 2017 Window)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerTart

Usual Suspect
C&B Full Member
Jan 23, 2013
Clayton
Why?

He's scored 1 goal more than Hanson having played more games and his shots to goals ratio is worse than the man who "can't hit a cows a rse with a banjo".

I'd hope for a much better upgrade than Evans and Hanson.
I've watched both with my own eyes, in the flesh on Saturday and on TV previously.

One is a talented footballer with a decent scoring record who's been out of the game for a while and is getting back to speed.

The other is James Hanson.

Mar 12, 2006
The older end were brought up to have respect and morals unlike the unruly youth of today that's why a lot don't want him here. I would like to see him come and as for the stats of only 5 goals from 62 shots ,if your not receiving service and having to have a pot shot from distance most of the time he's unlikely to beat the keeper that often .
Given he was cleared of any illegal act, I presume you don't want him here because of infidelity?

Out of morbid curiosity, if that's true what would you want the club to do if it was discovered that one of our existing players got caught cheating? Would you advocate not letting fans into the ground if they are unfaithful (attendances would bloody drop)? Where do you draw the line? I personally don't give two hoots what our players do in the privacy of his home (or nearest travel lodge) as long as it's legal!

Last edited:

RogerTart

Usual Suspect
C&B Full Member
Jan 23, 2013
Clayton
What's the latest rumours??? I cant trawl back - not enough time.

I read we are after some kid from Newcastle.
Today? Nothing new.

We're now only interested in people if the stats are right now though. Trouble is nobody knows, or wants to say, what the stats should be.

SelbyFan

C&B Member
Jan 9, 2013
So he would have five before Evans netted
I'm not interested in the misses as long as they score enough to win the game.

I accept stats give an indication of a striker's potency but it isn't black and white.

For the record I'm 64 and if Evans is capable of getting 15 goals minimum this season for BCAFC get him signed up.

Everything is too transparent now, too much stats and too much trial by media, I can't really see what he has done wrong (in the eyes of the law anyway).

Everything is a personal choice and I accept I may be wrong, I also acept I may be right.

P Neshead

Sugar tits
C&B Member
Dec 26, 2013
I agree stats can be misleading and manipulated to support your own view but we need a clinical striker not someone who takes more shots on goal to score than the players already here.

We have thread after thread about our wasteful strikers after most games so why would anyone want to add someone who appears even more wasteful?

I've said if we sign Evans I will back the player and the clubs decision to sign him and hope I was wrong and Evans goals get us promoted.

I just don't think he's the clinical striker we need, that's all.
That's fair comment, whether he would be the same striker that was earning big bucks at Sheffield Utd remains to be seen. If Bogle, who is untried beyond league two is being touted for near a million then we ain't getting anyone with proven ability, they are just too expensive. More likely a premiership loanee from somewhere like West ham or the like.

slymutha

C&B Member
Aug 1, 2015
Manchester, Greater Manchester
I'm in my forties Bermondsey (does that count as old?) Although I have no intention of getting involved in the argy bargy on here about Evans, I'm not really keen on him.

I have two teenage daughters 14 and 13 who come along to matches with me. I would just feel uncomfortable shouting and cheering for someone who - legally found not to be a criminal or not - has demonstrated a pretty diabolical attitude to women, with my girls there.

In my 20s I wouldn't have thought that way and would have cheered for anyone in the shirt, so I understand that viewpoint. But just maybe the different perspective could explain things.
Agree, and though i'm in my thirties (not sure what is old on here) i have the same thought process.

To me it is similar to the john terry / wayne bridge thing. Nowt to do with football, but i couldnt cheer for him after i found out cos i know he's a scumbag (appreciate other footballer may well be too, but i dont KNOW they are).

Bradford are my team and they represent me as much as the other way round. I dont really want a scumbag representing me, criminal or not.

Also, not living in bradford supporting bradford is a little different. People dont automatically know who your team are so i get to tell them i support the team that beat chelsea, that got to the league cup final, that have the cheapest season tickets, that gets voted fans club of the year.

If Ched signs i wont have to tell anyone who we are anymore. They will just say 'oh, didnt you sign ched evans' ... cue uncomfortable silence and either the chat ends there or we have to talk about the ins and outs of a sexual assault court case rather than football.

Also either he if crap, meaning we shouldnt have signed him. Or he brings us success which is all tainted with having to explain and talk about the court case again.

Appreciate others dont care. Or really care about rehabilitation so think need to pretend nothing ever happened. Or 100% only care about bradford city football club.

But i think it would be a bad signing for the club for lots of reasons (and lets not forget he has only ever had one good season and that was 5 years ago, so not exactly the 'coup' some people seem to think he is).

Appreciate others think differently, thats fine. I like Hanson, other really dont. People are entitled to opinions. But he's not for me. Even if he scored 20 goals and got us promoted, i'd still have part of me that wished we hadnt signed him, were still in L1 but i could still say i was proud to be a fan of a club i respect

Feb 9, 2008
Bradford
I'm not interested in the misses as long as they score enough to win the game.

I accept stats give an indication of a striker's potency but it isn't black and white.

For the record I'm 64 and if Evans is capable of getting 15 goals minimum this season for BCAFC get him signed up.

Everything is too transparent now, too much stats and too much trial by media, I can't really see what he has done wrong (in the eyes of the law anyway).

Everything is a personal choice and I accept I may be wrong, I also acept I may be right.
That's the point isn't it there is very little pointing to the fact that he is any better than what we have.
Given that a percentage of fans don't want him full stop and by the sound of it Chesterfield are wanting silly money we should be looking elsewhere Which I trust we are.

Bigrod

C&B Member
Jul 8, 2013
Up in the hills and far away
Mods. I think we all got sick to death of the thread in respect of one particular striker. I note Ed closed it, which was IMHO a good move. if this is now starting to become a rerun, then sadly perhaps it needs to be closed. In the absence of any fresh news, then I respectfully ask posters to let go on a striker from Chesterfield. If there is any concrete evidence of a move to this club, rather than a wish for/against, then fine post, otherwise please refrain!

Just a quick reminder. https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/claret-banter-code-of-conduct.41578/

C. Your Contributions
  1. Must contain no disruptive, offensive or abusive messages. Members will refrain from retaliating to inflammatory material with further insults or inappropriate comments

2. Must contain no spamming, repeated postings or posting of unnecessary and irrelevant information to increase post count, create controversy, deceive or mislead other members or otherwise act in a disruptive manner.

J4CKO71

C&B Member
Jul 29, 2012
I actually just found myself wondering if there is a direct colleration with C and B users between Brexit, Ched Evans and the Checkatrade trophy? It is time to find something else to do.

slymutha

C&B Member
Aug 1, 2015
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Mods. I think we all got sick to death of the thread in respect of one particular striker. I note Ed closed it, which was IMHO a good move. if this is now starting to become a rerun, then sadly perhaps it needs to be closed. In the absence of any fresh news, then I respectfully ask posters to let go on a striker from Chesterfield. If there is any concrete evidence of a move to this club, rather than a wish for/against, then fine post, otherwise please refrain!

Just a quick reminder. https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/claret-banter-code-of-conduct.41578/

C. Your Contributions
  1. Must contain no disruptive, offensive or abusive messages. Members will refrain from retaliating to inflammatory material with further insults or inappropriate comments

2. Must contain no spamming, repeated postings or posting of unnecessary and irrelevant information to increase post count, create controversy, deceive or mislead other members or otherwise act in a disruptive manner.
Might be a good idea this.

No use getting worked up unless it happens/or the club confirm its in the pipeline

SelbyFan

C&B Member
Jan 9, 2013
Agree, and though i'm in my thirties (not sure what is old on here) i have the same thought process.

To me it is similar to the john terry / wayne bridge thing. Nowt to do with football, but i couldnt cheer for him after i found out cos i know he's a scumbag (appreciate other footballer may well be too, but i dont KNOW they are).

Bradford are my team and they represent me as much as the other way round. I dont really want a scumbag representing me, criminal or not.

Also, not living in bradford supporting bradford is a little different. People dont automatically know who your team are so i get to tell them i support the team that beat chelsea, that got to the league cup final, that have the cheapest season tickets, that gets voted fans club of the year.

If Ched signs i wont have to tell anyone who we are anymore. They will just say 'oh, didnt you sign ched evans' ... cue uncomfortable silence and either the chat ends there or we have to talk about the ins and outs of a sexual assault court case rather than football.

Also either he if crap, meaning we shouldnt have signed him. Or he brings us success which is all tainted with having to explain and talk about the court case again.

Appreciate others dont care. Or really care about rehabilitation so think need to pretend nothing ever happened. Or 100% only care about bradford city football club.

But i think it would be a bad signing for the club for lots of reasons (and lets not forget he has only ever had one good season and that was 5 years ago, so not exactly the 'coup' some people seem to think he is).

Appreciate others think differently, thats fine. I like Hanson, other really dont. People are entitled to opinions. But he's not for me. Even if he scored 20 goals and got us promoted, i'd still have part of me that wished we hadnt signed him, were still in L1 but i could still say i was proud to be a fan of a club i respect
That is a well reasoned and balanced opinion. It eloquently gives the basis on which your decisions are made.

It doesn't matter if I agree or not you have clearly stated why you have made your judgement and that is your prerogative.

P Neshead

Sugar tits
C&B Member
Dec 26, 2013
Saw today that Rochdale are due 30% of the Scott Hogan fee, they could be in a strong position if something happens in this transfer window.
I think i've read that the fans were hoping the funds went towards things like their own training facilities, which they currently don't have.

Hobhead

Usual Suspect.
C&B Member
Jun 22, 2013

C. Your Contributions

Zip it, sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.