Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Transfer Rumour Transfer Rumour Thread (January 2017 Window)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J4CKO71

C&B Member
Jul 29, 2012
All things considered Ive decided I'd like us to take a punt on Charlie Wyke. Young with a good goal scoring record. I'm not fussed about some of these older lads who will want big money. Stick Jones and Wyke up front and if we don't go up this year we will next.

MC Bantam

C&B Member
Jul 7, 2013
All things considered Ive decided I'd like us to take a punt on Charlie Wyke. Young with a good goal scoring record. I'm not fussed about some of these older lads who will want big money. Stick Jones and Wyke up front and if we don't go up this year we will next.
Well said. Ditto!! Funny enough I feel the same way.....

Feb 9, 2008
Bradford
Do we no how long he has got on his contract

Heaton Bantam

I`ll die before I`m 25, I lived the way I wanted
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
53, heterosexual, white male with two teenage daughters. totally black and white on ched - innocent therefore should be free to carry on his life. voted brexit. thinks corbyn is a dangerous loonie. fan of Hanson. once had a threesome.

J4CKO71

C&B Member
Jul 29, 2012
53, heterosexual, white male with two teenage daughters. totally black and white on ched - innocent therefore should be free to carry on his life. voted brexit. thinks corbyn is a dangerous loonie. fan of Hanson. once had a threesome.
Yes but what do you think of the Checkatrade trophy?

I nearly had a threesome............just needed 2 others.........!!!

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Do the other two know you were there and did you knock before entering?

Bantamtim

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Anyone analysed how far out those shots were ? given chesterfield only got in our box twice on Saturday.
I've seen this mentioned a few times about chance quality - the best thing that can be used to measure that is an Expected Goals measure (I'll call it xG from now on). Basically, this assigns a value to every shot based on the historical probability of it going in. For example, a penalty is 0.75xG because penalties are scored 75% of the time.

This article is a little bit out of date (late November) but displays every regular forward in the top four divisions, showing their xG per 90 minutes based on chances created, and actual goals per 90 minutes. If a striker's ratio of goals per 90 minutes is better than their xG per 90 then they are finishing their chances well.

https://experimental361.com/2016/11/24/visualising-each-clubs-attacking-threat/

To sum up: in late November the shots being taken by Evans would, on average, get you around 0.39 goals per 90 minutes. Evans, however, was scoring at a rate of 0.34 per 90 minutes.

For comparison to our strikers - Clarke was having shots worth 0.3 xG per 90, and scoring at the same rate. Hanson was getting chances at around 0.37xG per 90 and scoring at 0.32 per 90. Hiwula was having shots worth 0.27xG per 90 but scoring at 0.3 - actually outscoring the chances created for him at the time.

Finally, our new signing Alex Jones was having shots worth 0.25xG per game but scoring at 0.5 goals per game.

It's interesting that Evans was getting better chances than any of our strikers - we created far more than Chesterfield but the chances are shared around the team, whereas Chesterfield create almost solely for Evans.

These stats will have changed since then - it was before Hiwula's run of games where he kept missing good chances (Walsall, Charlton etc) but I'd also expect Evans' stats to have got worse, as he's scored 1 goal in 7 league appearances since the article was written. It shows that he was no better at taking chances than any of our regular strikers (OK, very slightly better than Hanson) and much worse than Alex Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.