Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Van de Sar signs for Man U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I presume this forum is about tranfer gossip in general.

This could put Man U into the bracket of Chelsea's closest rivals. I've always liked Van de Sar as a goalkeeper and this will give Man U a shot in the arm where they need it most. Personally I don't care for Man U but this signing may help make the title race more exciting rather that a one horse race again, Arsenal better strengthen this position too, because a goalkeeper can be worth up to 10 points come the end of the season.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
I agree. Good signing for Man U that should close the gap to the top. Good keeper is Van Der Sar. Interestin to see who Arsenal will go for between the sticks.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Wow, that will put the fear of god in the rest of the league then ...Not pmsl...

Bet Howard is papping himself...

Van der sar is on the slope down and for Man Utd to sign him i think it shows they are no longer the power house of english football..

Frey from Parma was linked and admitted wanting to go if the cllubs could deal... Frey being a youngish quality keeper touted as one of the best...

Man Utd are turning slowly into also rans in the big three... Shame that lol....

If you ask me this smell's of desperation by Fergie!

Van Der Sar's form over the last couple of season's hasn't been anything other than "Ordinary" at best.

I bet Manyoo's fan's aren't dancing in the street's of Surrey about the deal! lol

G

Whilst I think Van Der Sar is a good keeper why didn't they go for Niemi who I believe is the best keeper in the Premiership bar Cech. Now that Southampton have been relegated it drops his valuation down massively and they could get him on the cheap

G

Hold the front page. Tony d in talks sense shocker!!!

'Van der sar is on the slope down and for Man Utd to sign him i think it shows they are no longer the power house of english football.'

Edwins definitely past his sell by date. He reminds me of David James, in the main top draw put prone to mistakes that cost you dear. You'd think that after Barthez, that Italian muppet, Howard and Carroll, he would have learnt his lesson and gone for someone solid and not prone to errors.

According to the NotW Schmeical recommended Brad Friedal but he knocked them back. He would have been a good choice, untrendy, but on the money week in week out.

One thing's for sure, Wenger won't make the same mistake, given the problems Arsenal had last season with their own 'dodgy' keepers, imho he will break the bank to bring in a top, top notch keeper. Cudicini, Given, Green, even Niemi, spring to mind, and one of the papers I read today suggests Given is the chosen one. If you ask me it's a damn good choice if Cudicini isn't available.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Howard is a good keeper....

I agree with Neimi but hes off to Celtic for sure,

Green is unproven and a bigger risk for a club of Man Utd size,

Given has had his moments like Carroll James and the rest but is one of the best

Robinson would cost too much and from what ive heard likes it fine where he is... Maybe hes a true Leeds Boy....

Cudicini for some strange reason is more than happy to play second to Cech

There is plenty of class keepers abroard too with Frey being top of the available list, he even said he would love to go to Man Utd...

I think money is the issue here for MU nothing more nothing less...#

If you are a MU fan be afraid be very afraid.....Times are about to get fun for the rest of us....

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
"Cudicini for some strange reason is more than happy to play second to Cech."

Probably the money. Still think he'll be a good keeper for them for the 2 years hes signed for. Didnt Fergie say he was havin another 2 year then quittin?

Status
Not open for further replies.