Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vs Shrewsbury

PGB

C&B Member
Feb 14, 2007
Durham
Same team ??

Fully expect a sell out and 3 points here, got a funny feeling being at VP yesterday with a whiff of general optimism amongst the crowd. Genuinely think this is the start of something special.

3-0 Evans,le fondre and Carey all to score on debut ;)

PGB

C&B Member
Feb 14, 2007
Durham
They haven't had a sell out crowd at their ground all season and I can't see is taking up the full allocation but we will travel in good numbers
Same team no reason to change it
Sorry did mean sell out our allocation not the ground

ricky

C&B Member
Aug 24, 2009
barrowford nr burnley
Nice little compact ground with a few pubs not too far away but We didn't sell out last season and I can't see us doing so next weekend either. Whether we do sign someone else this week or not and even if clarke or morais are back i hope McCall sticks with same team that started yesterday. You can't drop Hiwula even after his 2nd half miss he is on a good run and to drop him would shatter his confidence and Jones looks lively and after a full week of training with the lads he will probably get a better idea on how we do play and where to be for receiving the ball. The more time we give Clarke to recover the better imo no point playing him until we are sure he is fully 100% fit

Bob 'Lounge pants' fossil

Usual Suspect
C&B Member
May 16, 2013
Bradford
I'd fully expect to see a similar team to yesterday. I thought jones and hoopyhoop looked like there was potential to play together and form a good partnership.
Obviously we need to work on his kicking skills but the potential was there.

I agree with @Clayton though and think mcardle should be involved at cb

sixonenine

C&B Member
Jul 30, 2006
Shrewsbury have a habit of going down to 10 men this season. Even one of their new January signings got sent off on their debut yesterday...

Dec 12, 2013
Up on t'mountain
We're averaging 300 less away currently compared to last season, but I suppose that's due to not having many local away trips so far!

We really should be taking 1,500 to Shrewsbury, especially after two good results!

I'll be in attendance!

Oct 22, 2014
Brewery
Just drop all the players from yesterday, they need a day off for the performance they put in.

I'd probably start Hanson by himself up front to utilise his pace. We all know that he's really not injured.

Heaton Bantam

I`ll die before I`m 25, I lived the way I wanted
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
We're averaging 300 less away currently compared to last season, but I suppose that's due to not having many local away trips so far!

We really should be taking 1,500 to Shrewsbury, especially after two good results!

I'll be in attendance!
Not been to Oldham, Sheffield, bury or Rochdale yet. those will boost our average significantly

Tez

C&B Member
Feb 17, 2016
Shropshire
Last year absolutely dominated the game. Had about twenty corners, there goalkeeper played well, eventually Proctor scored, looked a certain 3 point until Williams went walk about. Over the years had some poor results at new meadow, surely not next week.

Notwal

C&B Member
Nov 21, 2012
S Yorks

I'll be in attendance!
Take away the Bolton figure and our away average would look even worse...Not too sure why though, this season isn't much different to last.

Jan 12, 2008
Leeds
I think it'll be the same back 4 and midfield as against Chesterfield. I might have expected a change in the back 4 to keep the likes of Darby, McArdle and Kilgallon happy but there's a Checkatrade match next Tuesday that will provide a match for anyone who's not had much game time recently.

Not sure what'll happen up front I think that it'll be Hiwula and A.N. Other depending on the fitness of Jones, Clarke or Hanson.

giveusani

C&B Member
Oct 21, 2014
Take away the Bolton figure and our away average would look even worse...Not too sure why though, this season isn't much different to last.
I think that's because our attendance at Bolton was by far our biggest of the season so obviously if you took that away it would make our average look worse.

Dec 12, 2013
Up on t'mountain
Well, at this point last season we had played Rochdale (took 2500+) and Sheff Utd (took 3,900).

Our local away games all seem to be in the last two months of the season.

If we're still up there, we'll comfortably finish on an average of 1,500+.

Notwal

C&B Member
Nov 21, 2012
S Yorks
I think that's because our attendance at Bolton was by far our biggest of the season so obviously if you took that away it would make our average look worse.
It does distort the figure considerably though, that Bolton figure accounts for just about a 1/3 of our total amount of fans taken away.