Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WBA v City preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
West Bromwich Albion host Bradford City in the Carling Cup second round hoping to secure their first win in five games.

Manager Bryan Robson comes up against his former club as Albion go in search of that hitherto elusive victory without Saturday's goalscoring hero Zoltan Gera.

The Hungarian, who scored a dramatic injury-time equaliser at Sunderland, underwent a minor hand operation on Monday evening and has been ruled out in order to ensure a complete recovery.

Gera is joined on the sidelines by Geoff Horsfield (calf) and Nwankwo Kanu (hamstring).

Recent signing from Luton, Curtis Davies, is cup-tied and is likely to replaced by Darren Moore at centre back.

Robson took charge of the Valley Parade side two years ago for an unsuccessful seven-month stint which ultimately ended in the club's relegation from the First Division.

However Albion have happy memories of recent encounters with Bradford - Igor Balis's late penalty won the game at Valley Parade and put the club within touching distance of a maiden Premiership campaign in 2002.

The last meeting at the Hawthorns was won 2-0 by the home side in April 2004 with goals from Geoff Horsfield and Lee Hughes securing the victory.

Colin Todd's Bradford, who sit 12th in League One, recorded an impressive 5-0 win over Rochdale in the first round of the competition and will travel to the Black Country in the hope of causing an upset on Tuesday evening.

Todd's hopes are tempered, however, by midfielder Marc Bridge-Wilkinson's probable exclusion through a knee injury while The Bantams will also be without Steve Claridge, who played in the first round of the competition with Gillingham.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Did you write that yourself Barmy?;)

I feel we're on a hiding to nothing tonight, Good news for those going to night is I'm not as whenever I go to WBA we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.