Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Well ive done my bit for the Huddersfield game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

As well as me and a couple of mates of mine who have season tickets i think i have persuaded 6 more to come to the game...four of whom have never been to a football game in their life. Im still hopeful of dragging along more to boost the clubs coffers, one or two i may still be able to lure down to Valley Parade.

I just hope they arent going to ask stupid or embarassing questions all match like 'Is that our goalkeeper'....'which way are we shooting'...'is that a goal?' 'Do you get points for hitting it over the crossbar.....then why do we keep blasting it over then?'......

To tell you the truth three of them are Egg chasing Bulls fans so i hope we put on a good show to try and persuade some of em' to come back more often.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Tell them to copy you or they will be in trouble, we wouldn't want them celebrating a goal by the puppies or else they may find getting our of the ground with their legs in tact a little tricky:D :D :D :D

G

Thorney said:
Tell them to copy you or they will be in trouble, we wouldn't want them celebrating a goal by the puppies or else they may find getting our of the ground with their legs in tact a little tricky:D :D :D :D
And don't let them cheer and wave big finger-pointy foam hands in the air every time Shoemaker sends the ball over the bar!

'It ain't cricket!'

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Additional Supporters

well done DB if we could all do that and City came up with decent home performances on a regular basis - then the club would receive more income - of which hopefully some could be put towards strengthening the squad.

emj

C&B Member
Jun 20, 2005
Ive done my bit aswell.The wife thought it would be a good idea for her to come ,i talked her out of it! :cool:
Remember Robert Zabica? Our lass was there to witness 0-4 at halftime to Sunderland,the one where Zabica dropped it in the net after catching the ball.
Then there was the Hudders game at home in the league cup when Burnett(?) scored a late flukey screamer (after we played them off the park) to knock us out.:mad:

G

Got one extra to come.

Just think if everybody in the ground for the last home game got one extra person to come then we'd be looking at a crowd approaching 14,000

Still think we'll struggle to get 14,000 for the TB's due to their pitiful away support- not expected to bring many more than 3,000 :rolleyes:

G

'Got one extra to come.

Just think if everybody in the ground for the last home game got one extra person to come then we'd be looking at a crowd approaching 14,000

Still think we'll struggle to get 14,000 for the TB's due to their pitiful away support- not expected to bring many more than 3,000'

Aye well not everyone has as many friends as us CalderBantam :D

In principle the club asking each supporter to persuade at least one extra person to come to the game with them (even if their not a particularly big football fan...or even if they have never been to a game of footy in their life!) and then putting on a good afternoons entertainment for the supporters (including decent half time entertainment) sounds a good idea.

However i have a feeling most of the match day regulars could not be bothered hassling one of their mates for a whole week until they get so sick of their voice that they agree to come.

Some sort of strategy should be implemented on the final game of the season though...Notts Forest could be a big crowd puller especially if we are both challenging for the playoffs going into the final game of the season, a fiver for adults and quid a kid for that game would no doubt be very succesful.

14,000 city fans and 6,000 Forest fans in the final game of the season with a playoff place at stake would be an exciting end to the season.

White Lion

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Yeadon
I persuaded a tb fan to come with his son! thats £28 extra

Status
Not open for further replies.