Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What a load of sheeeite....

Status
Not open for further replies.

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Yesterdays performance was back to the usual shit - in fact probably the worst performance i've seen this season, lucky for us Scunny were crap an'all - although in saying that i wouldn't have had much complaints had we lost 2 or 3 nil......yet another decent away following that will have left pissed off!! I met more happy faces after the Oldham game which we lost - than i did yesterday - proof (if it were needed) that the performance is sometimes better than the result.....:mad:
Can't wait for 2006 - more of the same shit no doubt and a 18th placed finish.....:(

It's not all doom & gloom Matt, by Tony d's point's formula were heading for the play-offs:rolleyes:
Huddersfield were a point worse off than us last year & only just missed the play-offs dont ya know?:D

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
There were a lot of folks with wive's and kids yesterday, and i'd guess at a similar following to Oldham (1200 - ish) - obviously a lot of folk who probably don't usually attend, but went because it was chance of a family day out - thats them put off for fookin life then.....:(

Anyway, on to cheerier things - at least i've got Tuesday off so i can get ratted in the bantams bar tomorrow night - it'll help numb another inept peformance no doubt....:D

So your gonna make an appearance at the TT then Matt!;)
I hope you realise it's a 3pm kick-off, as you said "tomorrow night"???
Unless you've realised It's better to miss the game & turn up at the end to get pished:eek: :D

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
Anyway, on to cheerier things - at least i've got Tuesday off so i can get ratted in the bantams bar tomorrow night - it'll help numb another inept peformance no doubt....:D

Yep me too ! although I dont think I can face any more alkihol !!

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Parrot said:
It's not all doom & gloom Matt, by Tony d's point's formula were heading for the play-offs:rolleyes:
Huddersfield were a point worse off than us last year & only just missed the play-offs dont ya know?:D
You may mock Parrot but its not me who cries into his pint each week only picking up on the negatives etc..

Its not me who in October wrote off the side to relegation fodder...

Its not me who constantly gets on the managers case regardless of the display..

Its not me who shouts for a player to be brpought on then barracks the manager when the change doesnt work..

Its not me either who sees us slipping down the table when in fact we are in nearly the same situation as last term p[oints wise and only ten points off the lead...

I see the facts and they are that we are still closer to the play offs then the relegation zone..

I see 7 points a month average nearly which with a slight improvement on would guarentee us play off football at a minimum....

Thats because the difference between some on here and me is that i seem to realise im still following a fooball side who has played this style of on off football throughout my life time...Only a few highs amongst many years of lows...
Poor football way below any of this was the norm for us year in year out..

Only rose tinted blinkers show otherwise. In amongst all that was amazing Cup runs the odd promotion...The Prem charge has added fans who are not used to this level of football and see us as some sleeping giant when in fact this historically is our level...Anything above was a bonus....

Of course i expect more but i wont go crying and bitching chanting each manager out, then expecting Prem managers in...Or screaming for has been no hopers....

This season we are playing as i expected them to...There are no real class sides in this League no one shines week in week out...All that you can ask for is consistency in points scoring and we are getting that ...Doesnt matter to me how it comes as long as it does..

You concentrate on the negatives and i will stick to watching us amass the right total to get us a sniff of the next tier...

I await the replys of the Todd haters and doom and gloomers...Your right to moan so dont whinge when i dont join in with the crying...

BTW the away support has been getting better and the home crowds the same so fans are not disappearing less the REAL ones who seem to be spending more time at home then at City lately;) :D

Enjoy your tear swelled lagers gents....

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
tony , your enforced absence from attending many games has given you rose tinted specs lol ! , why not see the footie for the shite it is lol !

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'Its not me either who sees us slipping down the table when in fact we are in nearly the same situation as last term p[oints wise and only ten points off the lead...'

'I see the facts and they are that we are still closer to the play offs then the relegation zone..'

'I see 7 points a month average nearly which with a slight improvement on would guarentee us play off football at a minimum....'

'Thats because the difference between some on here and me is that i seem to realise im still following a fooball side who has played this style of on off football throughout my life time...Only a few highs amongst many years of lows...'
'Poor football way below any of this was the norm for us year in year out..'

Tony, tony, tony, I'm afraid you seem to be missing the point owd lad. I actually agree with everything you've said above, but there is one major thing you have overlooked, the quality in our squad and the performance we saw at Oakwell means we are under achieving, BIG TIME!

Seven points a month and the style of football we are seeing at the moment might well have been acceptable in the 70s and 80s, but surely it isn't now? I accept football has improved at all levels, but as much as I idolised him, was Donny Hutchins better than Bobby Petta, Joe Cooke as good as Cadders, or Rod Johnson better than Bridge-Wilk???

As things stand we're still in touch and there's a chance of making the play-offs. But instead of utilising what we've got to the max and blitzing the division we are limping along and relying on others to slip up. Just like the people you are arguing with I believe we are capable of so much more, and that my friend is what's pishing people off.

Btw, did you see Skys 'Fights of 2005'? Not bad, not bad at all.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well Loyalish that is as a good an explanation of the situation we are in as any I have seen posted on here. It is very hard to explain to someone who is not watching home performances what the problem is. Our away performances are now also suffering as a result, which was bound to happen.

Unless there is a complete culture change in our tactics and motivation, then we could well be in trouble, despite our points tally.

Here is a few questions for you Tony D.

1. Why have a right back on the bench if you do not have the confidence to use him, even though your right back gets injuried?
2. Why have Petta and MBW playing right and left respectively, when the both play better in left and right respectively?
3. Why take Windass off, then carry on playing 'lump it up front' footie?
4. Why bring on Claridge when he needs ball to feet, and he has no pace, when what is needed is pace to out pace a tired team?
5. Why bring on a good young striker with 3 minutes of injury time to go? When it was quite obvious we needed him on for at least 20 minutes?

I could go on and on about these type of tactics that we see week in and week out, and see our team being demoralised week in and week out to the point that there is very little confidence left.

To your question about a manager replacement; sometimes it takes a brave decision to look behind the results and see what is happening. What we need at the moment is a good motivating manager; McCall, or Beagrie yes I would give them a shot at it. We need freshness and enthusiam to get us into the play off's, and a positive attitude to the game of football.

I will listen to what you have to say when you have attended 6 home games, and that is not me having a pop, but in my view it is only then you will realise what we are all on about. I have been watching them as long as anybody, I am honestly struggling to find a time when I felt so down about the team. Doherty was one such era, but as Loyalish says, the players were no where near as good.

If you can tell me why after paying for a season ticket, why I would rather stay at home than go to the match to watch a team I have supported all my adult life, then please feel free to comment. I have to drag myself down there, in fear and trepidation at what I might witness this time. I keep hoping I will see the 'real city' I have known and appreciated warts an all. This isn't just me looking back with rose tinted glasses as you have suggested in earlier posts, it isn't I have seen some dreadful football played at VP; this is different, this is about a team who have limited talent that is being underused. You can get the very best out of a team with only average talent provided you have them well motivated and playing in the right positions.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
you are quite right jonny it is not all Todd's fault. However, the manager definately sets the agenda, or should be, somebody has to be in charge, or otherwise why bother.

The players are definately not performing to their best. If you have read any of my posts on this board, you will know that I am also always banging on about personal responsiblity, and that is certainly down to individual's. What worries me about Todd is that he doesn't own any of it......

If you are a manager if what ever form of activity, you set the agenda, make sure the enviroment is right to bring out the best of each and every player. You boost them when they are down, tell them off when they need it, and make sure that they are playing as a team. Now that is what is lacking.

May 21, 2005
bg said:
2. Why have Petta and MBW playing right and left respectively, when the both play better in left and right respectively?
Come on bg surely you know the answer to that one. The black lad on their right wing was very fast, had Petta been on the left instead of MBW the black lad would have ripped us apart (even more than he already did). Petta was left to deal with Beagrie's "electric" pace.

And as for point 4, it was the ludicrous calls for Joe Brown to come on that led to our most effective player going off and any chance we had of winning the game evaporating. Granted Claridge should never have come on but how many times did superboy touch the ball...once? Perhaps he's not as effective against defenders 3 levels up :rolleyes: Danny Forrest anyone? :rolleyes:

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well that is what comes of posting when you haven't been to the match BOP:rolleyes:

You know your own players but not the opposition; but the commentry and I do admit that you cannot always trust that, thought they were both struggling, and the first time they switch them Petta gets to the by line and puts an excellent cross in.

The lad was on for 3 minutes of stoppage time, in my view if he was coming on at all, he should be on for a good 20 mins to half an hour; 'golden boy' as you have dubbed him is 17 years of age, and needs to get to the pace of the game etc etc., So I am not going to comment on his ability against 1st Div defenders until I have had a proper look at him and his ability to improve and learn from his mistakes, which is what all Bradford City Fans should be doing, i.e supporting our good young uns.

May 21, 2005
Support is one thing.... Hyperventilating any time he's on the bench, chanting hallelujah because he's on the bench, shouting 'you don't know what you're doing' because he isn't brought on when the chavs want is entirely another and is putting unfair pressure on the lad. I can't believe people are reacting exactly the same as they did after the Forrest fiasco, have they learned nothing?

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Loyalish2 said:
Btw, did you see Skys 'Fights of 2005'? Not bad, not bad at all.
Firstly mate there is loads of underachieving sides this term...

Secondly, only bits mate...Knockouts 2005 was a belter though:D

A top year for fight fans was 2005..Lets hope for another this year matey...

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
Claridge won us the penalty that got us the point ffs ! , is someone in need of spec savers ? ( BG and Bantam and Proud to name them ! )

All this nonsense about him having no pace , did you notice the way he used the ball as soon as he came on the field - he's on a different level altogether than most players in this dump of a league - I'd rather have seen him come on earlier for the sulky one who bar the header against the post did nowt but scowl , moan and act like a petulant kid ( and I'm a big Windass fan ) .

As for Joe Brown , he's quick , pretty strong but too much expected from him by the younger fans .

Status
Not open for further replies.